997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sell my car with Mods or Part out and Sell Stock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 06:43 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Sell my car with Mods or Part out and Sell Stock?

Hey guys. I was at the Porsche dealer a couple days ago getting service on my car and was chatting with some of the sales people about the prices of the new 991 Turbo S and the next thing you know I may be buying one. lol.

With the mods on my car, I'm not going to trade it in to Porsche. It has a transferrable CPO warranty until October 2016 but the dealer doesn't like to sell modded cars.

Hoping you guys can help me figure out what price is reasonable for mine if I sell with mods.

It's a 2011 Turbo S, GT Silver Metallic with Black interior. MSRP was $175K. 35,000 miles. The car looks stock from the outside. No exterior modifications other than daytime running lights and factory centerlocks painted black. Here's pics:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4032383

Mods are:

- DRL's
- XPel ultimate full front clear bra
- Gloss black centerlocks
- GIAC Stage 2+ tune
- Champion Intercoolers
- BBI exhaust with dual FJS 200 cel cats
- IPD plenum and Y pipe
- Custom-built fuel cell with steel braided lines and aircraft fittings methanol injection system
- 2 sets of Toyo R888 tires and one set of Michelin PSS tires
- Ohlins R&T Coils
- Rear upper control arm links
- Toe links
- BBI corner balance alignment

What do you guys think of a price modded or back to stock? The only mod that is not reversible is the intercoolers because there was some cutting to fit the Champions in there.

This car is so dialed in right now. I've done a few airstrip events and it was flawless this weekend at NFZ 6. GIAC has it so dialed in. And while I've only done one track event and it was ridiculously fast. BBI calls my car the GT2 RS AWD PDK that Porsche should have built.

But hey, I'll have fun modding and racing 991 as well.

So what do you guys think...sell modded or put back to stock and part out? And what price range should I be looking to list?

Thanks guys.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:13 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I think removing the mods and selling as stock is the only way you'll get even a fraction of your money out.

Old 05-04-2015, 07:25 PM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I think removing the mods and selling as stock is the only way you'll get even a fraction of your money out.
+1000

couldnt agree more

when i just traded my 08 TT they could have cared less about the mods, trade $ was the same, so i parted it out and traded as close to stock as i could, only way to recoup any of the $ even though its always a loss...best of luck!

Old 05-04-2015, 07:55 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
^ +1 Agree. Strip it down and sell it and then sell all the pieces separate and you will come out much better.

Good luck.

DC

Old 05-04-2015, 08:24 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Strip it, no doubt about it. Especially the intercoolers! You'll get a couple of grand for those. Oh, don't forget to mention the car was only driven to church on nice days when you sell it . Car like that I would only strip and trade, good luck representing it selling it used. You could try to sell it kitted, it's very well sorted.

Great prices on new 991s? Really? I'd be curious to hear about that. Used prices are ridiculous, basically 15% less than new, which makes buying used a waste of money, so I'd be curious what dealers are offering new.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:40 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
I had the same use with my 2014 Shelby, decided to put it back to stock before I traded it in...good luck with the sale.

Manuel

Old 05-05-2015, 06:35 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Originally Posted by handdoc
+1000

couldnt agree more

when i just traded my 08 TT they could have cared less about the mods, trade $ was the same, so i parted it out and traded as close to stock as i could, only way to recoup any of the $ even though its always a loss...best of luck!
Originally Posted by therock88
^ +1 Agree. Strip it down and sell it and then sell all the pieces separate and you will come out much better.

Good luck.

DC
Originally Posted by ryem3
Strip it, no doubt about it. Especially the intercoolers! You'll get a couple of grand for those. Oh, don't forget to mention the car was only driven to church on nice days when you sell it . Car like that I would only strip and trade, good luck representing it selling it used. You could try to sell it kitted, it's very well sorted.

Great prices on new 991s? Really? I'd be curious to hear about that. Used prices are ridiculous, basically 15% less than new, which makes buying used a waste of money, so I'd be curious what dealers are offering new.
Originally Posted by Boosted TTS
I had the same use with my 2014 Shelby, decided to put it back to stock before I traded it in...good luck with the sale.

Manuel

Thanks for the input everyone. That's pretty much a consensus.

I hate to part it as the mods work together very nicely but I get it. I will have to REALLY like the 991 Turbo S to get me out of this car. I'll see tomorrow as I do a test drive.

Porsche has a really good 30-month lease incentive on new 2015's so I might be able to pick one up for a relative bargain. And for me leasing is the only option as I can deduct 100% of the payment.

Cheers.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:27 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
I'd be interested in the DRL's. Let me know what you decide.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:45 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Why did you have to cut to fit the champions in there? Plenty of people could install them without modification.

What kind of deal are they offering you on the 991 TTS?

Old 05-05-2015, 07:59 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
I'm surprised BBI didn't offer to buy your car as a shop car...LOL! GLWS. While the stock 991 is a beast, I suspect your current car is much faster. On mods, how is availability/knowledge on the 991 platform vs. the 997 platform? Would you even want to highly modify a leased car?

Old 05-05-2015, 08:28 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Thats a lot of good mods you have on you 997.2 . Try to sell it tuned . There is always someone who will appreciate your mods .If I had the money I would buy it and save time and money on the mods

Old 05-05-2015, 08:39 AM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
Take my R8, I'll trade your 997.2TTS lol. BTW, isn't the power/speed similar to 991TT (stock vs. stock)? I know PDK has been improved but the power is pretty much same, isn't it?

Old 05-05-2015, 10:54 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
I would totally buy this car as is, if it had all the options of mine and was black, white, red, or grey.

I don't like silver. I would try to sell tuned first, and if you can't, then part out. Or see if you can sell everything before taking it off the car.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Interested in the Intercoolers.

Thanks,

Manuel

Old 05-06-2015, 10:44 AM
kchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond repute
you never stop do you? hahah

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sell my car with Mods or Part out and Sell Stock?