997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Can you go catless and not throw a code?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 12:22 PM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
Can you go catless and not throw a code?

Probably a stupid question, but I would like to know. I have Fabspeed exhaust with 200 cats and love the fact that I don't have to look at that silly code light. But, if I want to go for more, can I do it without getting a code?

TIA

Old 10-31-2015, 12:28 PM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
I just went catless on my kline system (thanks to Sam). I used extenders and got a code so I took Steele wool and stuffed it in the extender and it worked so far. It even satisfied the readiness for the emissions. Car sounds really good too. If you don't have emissions you could get a tune and turn the rear o2"s off.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:43 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I am glad I found this thread - I hadn't considered the extenders, I was planning on putting the cats back in for the emissions test. If these work then it will have saved me a few hundred bucks in labour! What brand of extenders did you use ctony? iirc, the rear o2 sensors are reasonably easy to get to, at least easier than the front 2.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:38 PM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
Hey Bogg I got the extenders from Sam at By design. There pretty good quality. They still look the same as when I put them in. Just be sure whatever ones you get they have the honeycomb in them so you can pack the steel wool into them.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:12 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
ok thanks. I will get them when the time comes.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:22 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hey guys
On the 997 turbo of the ones with the mini cat inside work really well. Or the steel wool trick. It's very strange. Some cars don't like him. Like 996 and 991. But on the 997.1 as long as you have a good cat in there it's perfect for that extra sensitivity.

Old 10-31-2015, 07:29 PM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
Cool! Glad I posted. Learn something new everyday!

Old 10-31-2015, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hey guys
On the 997 turbo of the ones with the mini cat inside work really well. Or the steel wool trick. It's very strange. Some cars don't like him. Like 996 and 991. But on the 997.1 as long as you have a good cat in there it's perfect for that extra sensitivity.
which one do you recommend for a car with no cats? pm price please.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:18 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
You can also just tune it and not get code.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:55 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Bogg,

It's nuts. Two or three times it did not work and I experimented before adjusting tuning. There is one guy in New Jersey Who is running no cats, no tune and no check engine light. Drives me crazy! But it's the ones with a mini cat inside. I should be able to get them from Europe in there something in the range of 150 shipped for the pair. Having a separate map is the most solid answer. Some of these cars even act up with 200cel cats

Old 11-01-2015, 07:24 AM
oh I don't have a problem with cel, I'm just looking for something temporary for whenever I renew my tags, instead of r and r the cats. I think I will just try the 10 dollar ones off ebay.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:53 AM
I had a cell with the 200 cats and even went back and forth with Mitch at cobb about it. Going mafless was the only thing that stopped it but then it never satisfied for emissions. I spent a day putting the stock exhaust on just to get a sticker. After it passed I installed the bypass pipes and packed the extenders with steel wool to slow down the exhaust to the rear o2's. It went green with a stage one and stage two tune. The light did come back once when I sat in traffic for over a half hour (not normal for the car) but I reset it and it went green again. I wont say it's a guarantee but it sure beats installing the stock exhaust for one day. It also sounds phenomenal without the cats. Not too loud in the car (and no drone) but if you drive through an underpass and nail it the thing is crazy loud.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor
Nice work Tony. Yeah that's what's crazy. The packing probably just did the trick. So you can try the $10 eBay with that in there and probably be OK. Let us know!

Old 11-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Thumbs up

I gotta say Sam the kline exhaust you hooked me up with and cat bypass pipes sounds really good. Took a friend for a ride the other day and he loved the way it sounds.Big thumbs up.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:20 AM
Turbomaster is on a distinguished road
Is there a view on maximum power that the Kline 70mm decat system will support? A 750hp build for example? These engines flow a lot of gas above 6k rpm particularly with upgraded turbos. Given the system necks down to 65mm exit pipes, I would like to know whether there are any views about top end with this system? I notice with the 991 turbo system Kline have added an additional 44mm exit pipe for "overflow".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can you go catless and not throw a code?