997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Rear settles down, DSC or PSS10?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 11:57 AM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Rear settles down, DSC or PSS10?

Hi all,

By full accel the rear of my car settles down and I noticed my underpannels are a bit scratched. I run Oem rims and tires sizes, the is car lowered by TA springs -20-25mm, dunno.
Do you believe the DSC module can fix that by active hydraulic compression control? Would be nice cause easy.
Or do you believe I'm done to coilovers with their stiffer springs rate? A bit less easy of course.
I think it would be too nice to be true with the module only and even if running the both is not a problem I prefer starting with the right option.
My turbos intake lines touch a bit as well and if they break the turbos will breath garbages
My 15mm spacers help a little but not enough.

Thxs for input,
P.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:26 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by K24F
Hi all,

By full accel the rear of my car settles down and I noticed my underpannels are a bit scratched. I run Oem rims and tires sizes, the is car lowered by TA springs -20-25mm, dunno.
Do you believe the DSC module can fix that by active hydraulic compression control? Would be nice cause easy.
Or do you believe I'm done to coilovers with their stiffer springs rate? A bit less easy of course.
I think it would be too nice to be true with the module only and even if running the both is not a problem I prefer starting with the right option.
My turbos intake lines touch a bit as well and if they break the turbos will breath garbages
My 15mm spacers help a little but not enough.

Thxs for input,
P.
Hi, I don't think you'll go wrong starting either way. My opinion of the 3 options:

1. TA springs with DSC: lowering is still fixed and about 20-24 mm. Not sure if this will help you because your car will still be riding very low. *If* the DSC helps, it would only be increasing stiffness (in the stiff setting). Even if this doesn't work, I assume you could keep the module and use it with the next option.
2. Coilover: This will help with your situation primarily by less lowering (for example: 10mm in my car vs. 24mm lowering springs). What's nice about this is it is the actual solution (raising your car a little) and this should help even in the non-stiff setting of the suspension.
3. Coilover with DSC: something to try if you are not happy with 2.

BTW, maybe someone from TPC could correct me as needed, but AFAIK "active hydraulic compression" is not specific to the TPC DSC. It is actually inherent with stock Porsche PASM. Yes, even the stock car is actively adjusting its dampening force based on feedback sensors in the car: longitudinal and lateral acceleration, braking, steering angle, brake-pedal pressure, and engine torque, etc. That's the theory; in practice we know of course the software algorithm (how and how much dampening force) of stock PASM is horrible and TPC DSC improves over stock significantly by altering this algorithm. (Bilstein coilover improves PASM also, by how the hardware responds to the stock algorithm. IOW DSC changes the software, Bilstein changes the hardware, both improve the pathetic stock 997.1 PASM system.)

Last edited by cannga; 04-17-2016 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:14 AM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you Can,

I do not believe the car is too low, I measured the front and rear wheel arches at 665 and 680mm.
It became too soft since the engine built because of the torque, I believe the fist thing to do is the coilovers...
There are 2 PSS10 B16, confort and sport, wich one do you run?

Old 02-15-2016, 11:39 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Thank you Can,

I do not believe the car is too low, I measured the front and rear wheel arches at 665 and 680mm.
It became too soft since the engine built because of the torque, I believe the fist thing to do is the coilovers...
There are 2 PSS10 B16, confort and sport, wich one do you run?
You are welcome. Yes sure there are two versions of B16 Damptronic, a "Sport" version and a "Comfort" version http://cart.bilsteinus.com/search/mm.../drivetype=AWD. I have the Sport version. Based at least on why you're doing this, I would recommend the Sport version also, which is 49-135985, and NOT the Comfort version, which is 49-135817.

BTW for ride height measure, IMHO a simple but much more accurate way to measure (and one recommended by Porsche) is this: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2758673

Old 02-16-2016, 07:19 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
The DSC module will definitely help the car stay more stable under acceleration and braking. It will also make the chassis more compliant and give you a nicer ride as well.

If you are looking for a sport damper, please feel free to email me with any questions that you may have. We offer a few different PASM friendly options and have built setups for a lot of the 997 Turbo / GT cars. Our Tractive DDA setup that was mentioned on here is a fantastic choice also. It makes for a full active chassis controlled by DSC.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:41 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Just recently installed a DSC module for a customer who headed straight to Sebring for the weekend. His impressions were all extremely positive! Installation was also a breeze. He'll be coming back soon with some feedback so we can create some custom settings for him.

If you're experiencing a lot of diving under braking or squatting under hard acceleration, you may also want to try a pair of upgraded trailing arms. A few small changes to the trailing arm angle can also help in that area.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:01 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
24mm is a lot on the soft stock shocks. I did GMG springs/Bilstein B8 Damptronics on my 07 and on my 09 cab, I did Ohlins RT. (you lose PASM with the Ohlins) The Ohlins are really good, and ride like a factory suspension but perform MUCH better, way more control without being harsh. I'm really thrilled, and don't miss PASM at all, because the car rides like a factory car but always has additional roll control and damping. I hated the way the rear end of the TT sort of oscillates in corners, and the coilovers have controlled it well.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Thank you all.
I ended by ordering a DSC module, I might receive it next week.
Easy bolt on, no need for re-alignement, cheaper vs coilovers, thoses reasons drove me to this choice as the first step.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Ok I received the module today.

I can't refind the thread with the pictures showing its bolting, could someone help me to find it?

Old 04-07-2016, 04:28 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
Ok I received the module today. I can't refind the thread with the pictures showing its bolting, could someone help me to find it?
awesome. Please provide feedback

Old 04-08-2016, 08:01 AM
Former Vendor
Harris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant futureHarris@TPCRacing has a brilliant future
Ok I received the module today.

I can't refind the thread with the pictures showing its bolting, could someone help me to find it?
Here are a few notes and photos on the installation process:

Take off the right side tab on the soft panel under the glove box area and pull it away. Pull off the carpet from the right side. You will then see the PASM box up a bit on right side of footwell. Pry up the tab on unit and it will slide out toward you, then remove the wiring harness and take off the bracket attached to PASM computer. Install the bracket back in it's slots and attach wire to the DSC computer then put DSC back into the bracket that is secured to its mount.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Ok, thanks Harris,

The module is on for one hour, but little wet roads, night and only a few runs on the highway (making some logs for Todd) are not enough to feel really a big change.
What I can say for now is the car feels a bit more firm on its wheels, I will see this WE on my usual roads.

Old 04-14-2016, 03:07 PM
After a few dozens of miles I can say the module is a nice improvement, the car movements are much more controled.
But of course it does not make the springs stiffer, I will probably bolt some coilovers at short term.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:27 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9e 28
^^^ Thanks buddy.

I've just pulled the trigger on a DSC module my tuner has in stock from another guy who sold his turbo

Is there new software to download for it?

Glad to hear that you pulled the trigger on the DSC module. Waiting to hear your driving impressions.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:06 PM
B16 Damptronics "sport" are arrived to complete the setup.
First test: great improvement even in "no sport mode", far better handling and still very comfortable, why didn't they sold the car with this kind of coilovers?!

Last edited by K24F; 06-18-2016 at 06:34 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear settles down, DSC or PSS10?