997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Car vibrate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 11:52 AM
977ttblue is on a distinguished road
Car vibrate

Hi , i have vibration in 100 km to 130 km , all the car is vibrate , can any one help me with this issue

Thank you

Old 03-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Quadcammer is on a distinguished road
wheel balance, engine or transmission mount.

Where is the vibration the strongest...through the steering wheel or seat.

Is it engine related? (i.e. if you push the clutch, does the vibration go away?)

Given the speeds, likely wheel balance.

Last edited by Quadcammer; 03-01-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
wheel balance, engine or transmission mount. Where is the vibration the strongest...through the steering wheel or seat. Is it engine related? (i.e. if you push the clutch, does the vibration go away?) Given the speeds, likely wheel balance.
The strongest vibration through seats , my 997 tt is teptronic transmission , i tried to put the gear in N mode while the car in about 120 km , but still have vibration in the seats and whole car

Old 03-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Btw i did balance for all tires last week and still have vibration seats , today i changed my (steeringwheel joints ) and still vibrated , some garage told me that i have a littel rear flat tire but he dont think that this is the vibration reason

Old 03-01-2016, 09:51 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 977ttblue
Btw i did balance for all tires last week and still have vibration seats , today i changed my (steeringwheel joints ) and still vibrated , some garage told me that i have a littel rear flat tire but he dont think that this is the vibration reason
Did you check to see if one of the rims is bent.?thst is a source of vibration. . If you are feeling it on the seat and not the steering wheel. It is an indication of the rear wheels.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:18 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Wheel Bearing? Steering Rack? Ball Joints?

Old 03-02-2016, 06:21 AM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
I had a similar issue one time, turned out to be one of the tires on the car. It would balance fine on normal balance machines, but when I had it road forced balanced they found the issue. If you have a friend with the same wheels, ask to see if you can swap wheels just to test drive, this would be easy and tell you if it is your tires or wheels.

Vibrations are never fun to track down if it isn't the easy answer, if your driveshaft has ever been removed for dyno or any other reason have that checked too.

If you have to take it back to a shop, get to the area where it vibrates and put the car in neutral and see if it persists. Does it only do it during acceleration, or braking? These will be good things that you can tell them and save you time and money.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:57 AM
Thank you guys

I changed my rear tires and the vibration is gone !!

Old 03-02-2016, 03:06 PM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
Great to hear!

Old 03-04-2016, 10:18 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, 90% of the time is is a tire/wheel related issue, especially at those speeds. Glad you were able to get it sorted out.