997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Boost Logic Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 01:02 PM
650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold
But as far as reliability?

Old 03-29-2017, 01:37 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 650kid
Is the general consensus that GIAC is the safer move?

GIAC is great if you are planning to keep your car near stock and want to just do..lets say exhaust and some mild bolt on's with great reliability. If I was the type that wanted the newest and latest vehicles as they came out i.e. in and out of cars quick type of person (1.5-3yrs) with min amount of mods. GIAC. I Had B4 S4 with Stg 3 AWE package and they use GIAC and they are a GREAT company!

APR: For just flash and exhaust (Very strong tune)

If you plan to do more I.e. larger turbo's, larger injectors, E85, built motor etc with great reliability as well, the following are know proven 911 tuners that have stood the test of time:

1. Todd K @ Protomotive (great for just tunes right up to tuning AND building full built monsters)

2. Tony @ EPL (great for tunes and tuning your built machines)

FOR COBB's (but must be tuned be a proven tuner)
- Dzenno @ ProTuning Freaks (busy up to his eyeballs right now w/BMW)
- Sam @ ByDesign (he will NEVER leave you with a issue like posted)
- Mitch @ COBBS (from what I read everyone has been happy with him as well)
- Rob @ Rob Tuning (not sure if he is available to do tunes anymore)

Ultimately: Pro EFI or Syvecs (again must be installed and tuned by a proven tuner!!)

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 03-30-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
What's nice about the Cobb access port is it gives you the ability and power to do whatever you want. It just takes good support. Off-the-shelf maps work great and they are available to customers up to stage three on any fuel! Throw on some more parts you can customize, data log and keep an eye on everything. Take it to an extreme level and you can keep going with this unit. Again you just need the support and proper tuning to back it up. There really shouldn't be any issues and there could be any reason for them until it's looked at. I've done literally hundreds and you don't hear any complaints

That's just speaking for the device and the company as a whole. Again my lines are open if I can help just to support anyone. Being the strongest and largest Porsche dealer/tuner for Cobb for quite some time now they've done a lot for me and I will always do a lot for them. No matter where you bought it!

Old 03-29-2017, 02:48 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
What's nice about the Cobb access port is it gives you the ability and power to do whatever you want. It just takes good support. Off-the-shelf maps work great and they are available to customers up to stage three on any fuel! Throw on some more parts you can customize, data log and keep an eye on everything. Take it to an extreme level and you can keep going with this unit. Again you just need the support and proper tuning to back it up. There really shouldn't be any issues and there could be any reason for them until it's looked at. I've done literally hundreds and you don't hear any complaints

That's just speaking for the device and the company as a whole. Again my lines are open if I can help just to support anyone. Being the strongest and largest Porsche dealer/tuner for Cobb for quite some time now they've done a lot for me and I will always do a lot for them. No matter where you bought it!

To the OP, the above is not empty words, but proven time and time again! Can't go wrong with Sam!

Old 03-29-2017, 02:50 PM
austx911 is infamous around these partsaustx911 is infamous around these parts
Thanks. Good info.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:31 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Mitch from Cobb is top notch

Old 03-29-2017, 04:00 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unvmy996
Mitcg from Cobb is topnotch... if you're lucky enough to get him to tune your car. He's not exactly hanging out waiting on people to call him!

Old 03-29-2017, 04:00 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unvmy996
Mitch from Cobb is topnotch... if you're lucky enough to get him to tune your car. He's not exactly hanging out waiting on people to call him!

Old 03-29-2017, 06:46 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
I can vouch for Sam. Excellent customer service since day one.

OP I hope you get her back on the road running strong again. Nothing more frustrating than these types of scenarios. Good luck.

Old 03-31-2017, 11:25 AM
Any update on the car op?

Old 03-31-2017, 01:34 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
So why is cobb difficult to setup on a conventional turbo? Does it not support speed/Density?

Old 03-31-2017, 02:07 PM
austx911 is infamous around these partsaustx911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
Any update on the car op?
Had the car back for a couple days. Looks like one issue may be fixed (cutting out at WOL in 1-2) but the other is still happening (random intermittent power loss).

Calvo is working with Mitch@Cobb.

More logging and map updates. Time will tell.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by austx911
Had the car back for a couple days. Looks like one issue may be fixed (cutting out at WOL in 1-2) but the other is still happening (random intermittent power loss).

Calvo is working with Mitch@Cobb.

More logging and map updates. Time will tell.
Guranteed if Mitch gets involved, it'll get fixed... and it'll run right! He's the real deal.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:57 PM
jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !
when it loses power, do you get a PTM error and the engine dies and then turns back on?

Old 04-01-2017, 07:40 AM
kchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond repute
sucks how boost logic didnt comment 1 post in this thread but promoting their exhaust on other threads

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.