997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Boost Logic Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 08:49 AM
austx911 is infamous around these partsaustx911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jordonmusser
when it loses power, do you get a PTM error and the engine dies and then turns back on?
No errors, the engine does not die ... just down on power. When I restart the engine all is good.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by kchu221
sucks how boost logic didnt comment 1 post in this thread but promoting their exhaust on other threads
I really do like their exhaust, but that's not why I took my car to their shop.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:45 AM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by austx911
No errors, the engine does not die ... just down on power. When I restart the engine all is good.
Could be an overboost issue, sounds like your car goes into limp mode (good after restart) ...

What boost control do you use? What boost setting? Did you log boost (map)?

I'de check crack pressure on both wastegates, check all boost (vac lines) for kinks and blocks and check the boost controller ...

Good luck

Old 04-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Banned
Boost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant future
I was just informed of this thread and immediately went to check it out.

We built this customer's car earlier this year and it made amazing power, great spool, and sounded amazing adapting our 991 Titanium Exhaust to the 997 platform. We originally planned for a 650whp setup and this setup made just under 700whp on pump gas. This unfortunately was at the limit of the clutch we had specified for the build. We did not see this slip on the dyno or on our street testing but it occurred intermittently after the customer picked the car up. We replaced the clutch with a unit that is $2500 more expensive out of our pocket to deliver a complete package to the customer.

The downside... the car would randomly have a weird limp mode issue which did not have a check engine light. It would seem to close the throttle and would require the car to be turned off and back on to reset. Our tuner sent logs back and forth between Cobb(Mitch) and we tried various revisions on various items without a complete resolution.

We offered taking the car to Cobb for them to diagnose but the customer has decided to take the car to another shop.

I spoke with Cobb earlier today and they are going to take the car in and sort through the issue.

We have tuned other 997 turbos on Cobbs at this power level and higher with other ECU solutions without an issue. We do not know the exact cause of this issue, but are thankful that Cobb will put forth the effort needed to help resolve the problem.

-Zohair

Old 04-04-2017, 04:40 PM
Banned
Boost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant futureBoost Logic has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kchu221
sucks how boost logic didnt comment 1 post in this thread but promoting their exhaust on other threads
I was not aware of this thread and I don't have time to lurk the forums anymore.. I have an employee which handles this account and is normally only looking on the 991 Turbo forums, I apologize for not replying to this earlier but I did not know this thread had been posted at all.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:22 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
I am amazes by the support Sam is providing on here. I wish I had mor stuff to buy to give him the business next time around.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by pdxm5
I am amazes by the support Sam is providing on here. I wish I had mor stuff to buy to give him the business next time around.
Indeed, Sam seems like a stand up guy. He reached out to offer assistance and I do appreciate it. He gets my business next time around.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:41 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Boost Logic
Our tuner sent logs back and forth between Cobb(Mitch) and we tried various revisions on various items without a complete resolution.
similar issue I had with my build. months of going back and forth with Mitch at Cobb and no resolution. we just gave up and dropped it from the equation.

I think COBB needs to step up and provide the proper tech support for the Porsche platform.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 04-05-2017, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by prodigymb
similar issue I had with my build. months of going back and forth with Mitch at Cobb and no resolution. we just gave up and dropped it from the equation.

I think COBB needs to step up and provide the proper tech support for the Porsche platform.
So, ultimately what happened? Did you go with a different tuning package and if so what was the result? Were you able to pinpoint what was causing the problem with the COBB tune?

Old 04-05-2017, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Boost Logic
We offered taking the car to Cobb for them to diagnose but the customer has decided to take the car to another shop.
-Zohair
No you didn't. Stick to the facts please.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:40 AM
kchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by austx911
So, ultimately what happened? Did you go with a different tuning package and if so what was the result? Were you able to pinpoint what was causing the problem with the COBB tune?
i believe he went with a standalone ecu

Old 04-08-2017, 08:23 AM
Thank you - SamboTT@ByDesign, Antonio@CalvoMotorsports and especially Mitch@COBB for helping sort out the tune issues. COBB stepped up and I appreciate it. Cutting out issue was resolved a couple weeks back. The limp mode issue appears to now be resolved as well. A little more driving time will tell for sure.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:14 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
so boostlogic went ghost again here?

Old 04-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by pdxm5
so boostlogic went ghost again here?
Uhmm, kind of pointless now. They didn't fix it, Mitch did. And, what I ended up with is a compromise because the turbos were not a good match for my power levels and intended use. At least at this point I have something that runs good and seems to be reliable. If I had it to do all over again ... blah blah blah.

Old 04-10-2017, 03:52 PM
jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !
Glad to see you got it sorted out!

I have NO ties to Boost Logic, but in fairness to them.. everybody has opinion on ICs, turbos, ECU, wheels, brakes, etc

Most people would say my turbos are too small, but the car hauls *** and makes power everywhere. I know people that purposely run larger turbos because they don't want peak tq, but want big HP numbers.

etc etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.