997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Video: Bolt-on 997.2 takes on monster-builds at NoFlyZone California 1/2 Mile Event

Old 05-16-2017, 06:29 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder

F u go on 2 lol jk

Pretty clear a lot of these guys are new at this. I want the races to be close so it's a shame when the driver botches.
lol. that car lauches so freakin' nasty. One of my favorite cars on the forum

Old 05-16-2017, 06:40 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
looks like you got the jump on a lot of those cars, but regardless, the car is a total beast off the line.... Im speechless... Amazing job on that car.
If you watch the tires of the. Ext. at when it actually starts moving, most of the runs they are moving the same time Adam launches. It is just that his car launch so hard and efficient that it is already out of the hole by the time the competition gets going. Just look at the wheels of the other car and you would see that they are turning the same time his car is launching.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:44 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
Oh damn what's up yeah haven't seen you or your brother in a while even though I just moved down the street. Good to hear you car is coming back together. Hopefully everything is resolved.

Used to spot you every morning at Laguna Coffee. Did you buy that place?

I was going there every day for a while. Funny you say that. A friend and I actually thought of buying it but the owner wants too much. He is a bit optimistic. It's a great place to sit and have your coffee right on PCH. Like a car show everyday. We get so many gorgeous car go by. Especially on the weekends.

Quick question. What boost are you running out of the hole? What psi\bar are you launching at, leaving the hole(launch control)? What are you running in each gear. Curious to know if you're running some crazy boost like wrc\rally cross cars.

Thank you. Still ironing out a few small details on the car. Maybe I'll come out to one of these events soon.. I'm not running you though‼️ I've seen the videos. Lol

Old 05-18-2017, 04:01 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ADAMNSONS

I was going there every day for a while. Funny you say that. A friend and I actually thought of buying it but the owner wants too much. He is a bit optimistic. It's a great place to sit and have your coffee right on PCH. Like a car show everyday. We get so many gorgeous car go by. Especially on the weekends.

Quick question. What boost are you running out of the hole? What psi\bar are you launching at, leaving the hole(launch control)? What are you running in each gear. Curious to know if you're running some crazy boost like wrc\rally cross cars.

Thank you. Still ironing out a few small details on the car. Maybe I'll come out to one of these events soon.. I'm not running you though‼️ I've seen the videos. Lol

Factory launch control is right around 5K rpms where I'm at 30psi of boost from the stock turbos. After 5K rpm boost tapers quickly down to maybe 16-17psi at redline. I don't have gear-dependent boost. It's the same for every gear. The ability of my car to get traction at 30psi of boost on the launch is why it smokes everyone out of the hole.

Hope your car is done soon and yeah get it out to one of the runway events - you will have a blast. We can do a roll race - it could be close!

Old 05-18-2017, 04:12 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
you mean 3psi boost off the line i hope lol

Old 05-18-2017, 04:24 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pdxm5
you mean 3psi boost off the line i hope lol

haha nope 30psi! Obviously it takes a lot to get it to hook. Tires, suspension tweaks and some footwork on my part. It's why I always out-launch other modded PDK Turbos.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:14 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
haha nope 30psi! Obviously it takes a lot to get it to hook. Tires, suspension tweaks and some footwork on my part. It's why I always out-launch other modded PDK Turbos.
I figured that's how you were destroying them out of the hole. It looks amazing. All the setup plus the AWD and super fast shifts is the magic. Kudos to you my friend. Bravo!!

Old 05-18-2017, 07:45 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd love to hear how any Porsche can build 30psi off the line when 3000hp drag cars are leaving the lights at 5-10psi.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:36 AM
I'd love to hear how any Porsche can build 30psi off the line when 3000hp drag cars are leaving the lights at 5-10psi.
Well stock this car is not making anywhere near 30psi. I'm happy to give you a ride at a Shift Sector event so you can watch the boost guage on the launch.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:46 AM
Long, you got a broken gauge mate. Log the car, you'll see 2-5psi off the line in the logs.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:50 AM
Long, you got a broken gauge mate. Log the car, you'll see 2-5psi off the line in the logs.

You are right in that the gauge reads a little high (2-3psi) because it's at the end of the Y just before the plenum.

But in logs it still is hitting 30psi peak which is 4,000-5,500 rpm before it starts tapering down. Now my boost gauge/meth controller only goes up to 30psi so it won't read any higher...but go on an airstrip run with me and you will see the gauge pegged at 30psi during most of the run.

Whether it's 30psi or 27psi on the launch it doesn't really matter. On an airstrip I still can't find anything that can out launch my car. Even the mighty 918 driven by a great driver (who did 9.7 @ 145 mph).

Old 05-19-2017, 02:54 PM
NY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
I can't believe how consistent your car is....that is crazy!!

What happened to that 996?
That's what I'm talking about about, holy hell. I won't even bother tuning my car, I'll just love it for what it is until I'm ready then get into a 997.2. Longboarder - Adam has served as some major inspiration. Giant slayer it is.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:55 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
My car leaves on 23psi boost. Totally plausible Adam's car is leaving at 30 plus psi boost!

Old 05-19-2017, 04:18 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
30 psi? On launch?

That's probably absolute pressure yea? So around 1.1 bar

Old 05-19-2017, 08:11 PM
Part of it is funny the other part is that some newb will read it and believe it.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.