997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Video: Bolt-on 997.2 takes on monster-builds at NoFlyZone California 1/2 Mile Event

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 09:16 PM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
You are saying rolls are boring coming from PDK owner

What would be the difference from a dig in your computer controlled PDK? Stage your car with computer taking care of launch control, let go of the brake, computer manages most of your wheel spin, computer gives you perfect no lift lightning shifts for the rest of the pull and then you pass the checkered flag and brake.

If you wanted more involvement then a 6spd 911 should be in your cards or bring your S4 (I had a AWE STG3 S4 back in the day, one of the best overall machines I owned!) and have full involvement no matter from a dig or roll!
Thanks for your commentary. There is more to launching my car than just mashing the throttle and holding on.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:57 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TighTT
Thanks for your commentary. There is more to launching my car than just mashing the throttle and holding on.
Hey Adam I was at GIAC today and despite there being 30 or so versions of the 9-second file, found out that you and I are running the exact same file. No wonder why you are so fast

Old 05-27-2017, 12:15 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Smile

Understood, as Adam has mentioned his foot work from launch. I was not being furceious or taking away anything from your accomplishments. I apologize if it was taken as such. It was meant to poke fun at the, "rolls being boring", with the PDK part, especially that you own a high HP 6speed car (B5 S4's) and PDK so you personally know the difference, skill and involvement that is needed in a manual from especially a dig, but even from a roll.

Sincerely,

Bobby Ali

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 05-27-2017 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:59 AM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Understood, as Adam has mentioned his foot work from launch. I was not being furceious or taking away anything from your accomplishments. I apologize if it was taken as such. It was meant to poke fun at the, "rolls being boring", with the PDK part, especially that you own a high HP 6speed car (B5 S4's) and PDK so you personally know the difference, skill and involvement that is needed in a manual from especially a dig, but even from a roll.

Sincerely,

Bobby Ali
Gotcha.

Yea....my B5 twists axles from a dig and I'm getting tired of replacing them so no more launches for me! If I can get my tune ironed-out by then I'll bring the wagon to pocono just to see how the old bird stacks up.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:01 AM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Hey Adam I was at GIAC today and despite there being 30 or so versions of the 9-second file, found out that you and I are running the exact same file. No wonder why you are so fast
C'mon Adam.....trust me that its not coincidence but by design.
Next up I need to address the suspension in my car....I think some Ohlins TTX's are in order.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:00 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Gotcha.

Yea....my B5 twists axles from a dig and I'm getting tired of replacing them so no more launches for me! If I can get my tune ironed-out by then I'll bring the wagon to pocono just to see how the old bird stacks up.

I would love to see what your Big Powered S4 does in the 1/2, pls bring it!

C'mon Adam.....trust me that its not coincidence but by design.
Next up I need to address the suspension in my car....I think some Ohlins TTX's are in order.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:18 AM
I would love to see what your Big Powered S4 does in the 1/2, pls bring it!\
I would too but its just not setup for the 1/2 mile. Honestly, its not setup for racing as a whole. Its really built as a GT car: big power coupled with creature comforts. Lets see if I can get everything (new clutch, etc) broken-in before the next event (roll racing)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.