997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Video: Bolt-on 997.2 takes on monster-builds at NoFlyZone California 1/2 Mile Event

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 07:25 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pdxm5
Part of it is funny the other part is that some newb will read it and believe it.
How is anything posted not believable as i not only post all vids vbox and timeslips, I also have people in my car during runs who can vouch and forum members and Porsche builders on the other side of my races. You think this is all some conspiracy where I'm making fake vboxs fake timeslips and paying people to lose races against me? Lmao.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:44 AM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
just post a log. I still can't tell if your really joking or being serious. Or you have no idea why 30psi BOLT is impossible.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:22 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
How is anything posted not believable as i not only post all vids vbox and timeslips, I also have people in my car during runs who can vouch and forum members and Porsche builders on the other side of my races. You think this is all some conspiracy where I'm making fake vboxs fake timeslips and paying people to lose races against me? Lmao.

I believe you bro!

Take forums with a pinch of salt!

Old 05-20-2017, 10:36 AM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
I believe you bro!

Take forums with a pinch of salt!
+1

I'll come document it if Adam likes. Boost should shows on the dash when launch control is active without launching right?
1 camera phone is worth 1000 words

Old 05-20-2017, 10:44 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire here, but, my data logs AS I UNDERSTAND shows my car launches at 23psi boost... unless I'm not understanding the dynamics of what's happening I can absolutely believe Adam's car launches at 30 psi boost.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:47 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Long, you got a broken gauge mate. Log the car, you'll see 2-5psi off the line in the logs.
With all due respect (me not knowing who you are) can you please explain why you don't think it's possible for these cars to launch with so much boost pressure? I'd love to be educated on the subject.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:01 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
With all due respect (me not knowing who you are) can you please explain why you don't think it's possible for these cars to launch with so much boost pressure? I'd love to be educated on the subject.
I'm with you. My guess is that he doesn't know because he doesn't own a 3.8DI. He has a 997.1 and a GTR.

Old 05-20-2017, 02:24 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
there are many reasons. There are a few good write ups on how botl works on most cars I am on my phone and don't have the links. The majority of cars 500-2000hp will leave at like 3-7psi. There is a way to make a ton of botl by retarding the timing by like 60% and sure you can see a spike of 30psi but your not at that pressure actually putting power down. The little factory vtgs won't sustain 30psi on top of that. Is it possible to see 30psi on the gauge? Maybe, but it's incorrect to state that a 997.2 with factory vtgs is leaving the line and actually seeing 30psi at normal timing.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:02 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
in big hp diesel trucks we leave at 30psi or alot more if the brakes and suspension can hold. some cut 1.30 60ft times in 5000lb trucks. my 8000lb truck leaves at 28psi and cut's 1.60's all day long .

this was an old truck about 5 years ago . 25psi launch .

Old 05-20-2017, 08:09 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
there are many reasons. There are a few good write ups on how botl works on most cars I am on my phone and don't have the links. The majority of cars 500-2000hp will leave at like 3-7psi. There is a way to make a ton of botl by retarding the timing by like 60% and sure you can see a spike of 30psi but your not at that pressure actually putting power down. The little factory vtgs won't sustain 30psi on top of that. Is it possible to see 30psi on the gauge? Maybe, but it's incorrect to state that a 997.2 with factory vtgs is leaving the line and actually seeing 30psi at normal timing.
on my VTG trucks, at idle, the veins stay closed , so if the truck isn't moving, it'll build all the boost and back pressure it can handle at a dead stop.

this truck leaves at over 40psi .

this truck leaves about 28-32 psi depending on the track. ( the green ford )

Old 05-21-2017, 11:18 AM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
Adam didn't say anything about sustaining 30 psi! He just said he leaves at 30. If I remember it correctly he said it tapers down to 17ish.
Not sure why your stuck on this...

Not really fair putting words in his mouth.

He didn't say how much power it's making at that point either.
He just said that's what's on the gauge at launch.

Obviously his car is making good power. We all watched the same videos.
The proof is in the puddin

Old 05-22-2017, 06:06 AM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
The stock ECU on a 997.2 targets 23.2 PSIA on a bone stock car. Remember this is absolute so if you were measure it gauge, subtract ambient pressure. This is around 8.5PSIG at sealevel.

If someone has changed the launch control target PSI then it is possible for the car to be at 30PSIA.

Thanks,

Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 05-22-2017, 08:33 AM
Mitch, yeah ive seen a bunch of logs from stock 997 all the way to stage4 991 cars. Long clearly stated 30 PSI several times not PSIA.

30psi = 44.7psia

15psi is very doable, but he claims its double that. Would love to see his logs.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:02 AM
Mitch, yeah ive seen a bunch of logs from stock 997 all the way to stage4 991 cars. Long clearly stated 30 PSI several times not PSIA.

30psi = 44.7psia

15psi is very doable, but he claims its double that. Would love to see his logs.

Interesting that you've seen logs of stage 4 991's. What psi to they leave at? I have one so I can see if you are correct. By the way it leaves at a lower psi than my 997.2 despite my 997.2 having factory original stock turbos and my 991 having Tial 68 VTGs with the HTZ wheel.

While my 997.2 makes more peak boost than my 991, they are very different power curves. The 991 hits mid-20's and stays there to redline (tapering very slightly). The 997.2 hits 30+psi and sustains it for a short while and then tapers quickly down to 16-17 at 7K rpm.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:32 AM
long, its really as simple as posting a log from you car i am sure i am not the only one that wants to know how your getting so much boost off the line. all the 991s ive seen have been below 12psi.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.