997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PDK same? 997.2 TS vs 991 TS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 07:44 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
PDK same? 997.2 TS vs 991 TS

What's the exact difference in the PDK between the 997.2 TS and 991 TS?

Are the clutches bigger? Are there more plates of clutch discs? Are the gears the same?

etc

Old 05-16-2017, 09:55 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
bump

Old 05-17-2017, 06:19 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Probably Sambo, Tom@Champion or BBI could answer since they have all have opened them up. I can tell you that owning both the gearing is the same and the shift speed is the same despite what people have said in the past that the 991 shifts faster. Their mind is fooled because the RPMs drop quicker post shift on the 991. So it's simply the programming that has changed. Watch my last airstrip vid where I raced a bunch of modded 991's in my 997.2 and you will see neither car gains or loses any momentum on the shifts.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by longboarder
Probably Sambo, Tom@Champion or BBI could answer since they have all have opened them up. I can tell you that owning both the gearing is the same and the shift speed is the same despite what people have said in the past that the 991 shifts faster. Their mind is fooled because the RPMs drop quicker post shift on the 991. So it's simply the programming that has changed. Watch my last airstrip vid where I raced a bunch of modded 991's in my 997.2 and you will see neither car gains or loses any momentum on the shifts.
Nice one. Yeah I'm most curious about how much torque the 997.2 stock clutches can handle when 1) already in gear and 2) during shifts.

I'm guessing not many have this data since it's not a platform a lot of people modify.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hey guys,
The transmissions and clutches are the same with the exception of a few ancillary changes. Axles changed too. Software is different between the 997.2, 2014 991, later 991's and the 991.2. Software solutions are coming that allow for modification running factory hardware as well as development we are finishing up with the Dodson Motorsport set-up. If you can get a 997.2 past approximately 650 wheel with similar or more tq it will slip. On a 991 it's past 700 that this occurs and a little more tq. Car to car it varies a bit and there are several variables to that. Much more data will be public soon. The 997.2 fuel system and clutch capacities are just about in line with each other in stock form.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hey guys,
The transmissions and clutches are the same with the exception of a few ancillary changes. Axles changed too. Software is different between the 997.2, 2014 991, later 991's and the 991.2. Software solutions are coming that allow for modification running factory hardware as well as development we are finishing up with the Dodson Motorsport set-up. If you can get a 997.2 past approximately 650 wheel with similar or more tq it will slip. On a 991 it's past 700 that this occurs and a little more tq. Car to car it varies a bit and there are several variables to that. Much more data will be public soon. The 997.2 fuel system and clutch capacities are just about in line with each other in stock form.
Great info! Are the gears strong?

Are 997.2 stock engines strong?

Old 05-17-2017, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Gear-sets and more are in development too! I think typical Porsche levels there. This will eventually go all the way it's just so much more difficult and low volume on the P-Car. We feel the motors are good for about 10-15% more conservatively than the Metzger. Some components up to 20% stronger or up-rated. I have seen/done 800 wheel done right and it's good but also heard of about 800 wheel lasting only days.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:13 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Gear-sets and more are in development too! I think typical Porsche levels there. This will eventually go all the way it's just so much more difficult and low volume on the P-Car. We feel the motors are good for about 10-15% more conservatively than the Metzger. Some components up to 20% stronger or up-rated. I have seen/done 800 wheel done right and it's good but also heard of about 800 wheel lasting only days.

Mezger!

Old 05-17-2017, 12:42 PM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Mezger? 9A1 stronger than mezger?? I thought it was the other way around.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor
Johnny I do that all the time so now it auto-corrects in-correctly !

The 9A1 TT motor is better in most ways and has really proven itself. Many cars running 700-800+hp to all 4 wheels! And now the 991.2 TTS's have even higher tech heads and inconel valves.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:09 PM
Hey guys,
One more question. If the transmission and clutches are the same, why do the 991's hold more power/torque before slipping? Clutch pressure?

Old 05-17-2017, 11:17 PM
Former Vendor
Yes. In the software.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:23 PM
The new Syvecs for the 997.2 T/TS can adjust the clutch pressures now.

Nice.

Theres potential now with these 997.2's for a really good flex fuel E85 FBO setup.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.