997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Mptolomey is an unknown quantity at this point
Exhaust

While I'm finishing up my decision on which flash to use, my focus is deciding which exhaust to add. I believe I will stop with a flash, exhaust and possibly a better flowing filter (Nominal enhancement) but an easy upgrade.

As for the exhaust I'm considering the following (All Cat less):

1. Kline Innovation
2. SpeedTech X Pipe
3. Cargraphic
4. Armytrix

I hear the Kline and SpeedTech are pretty awesome, but haven't heard any in person. I want to avoid any drone, and I want it to shriek when playing but livable when just tooling around.

Recommendations welcome, anyone in the Tampa area with something to hear, please let me know.

TIA

Old 10-11-2017, 03:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
I am pretty sure we are shipping a 3.0 x pipe w/ full 3" dual tips to Florida tomorrow. I can
​​ find out where exactly and if the customer would be willing to display it after installation, if you are interested. This one is catless though, so it is considerably louder than the catted version. It would give you a very good idea of the fantastic shriek our system develops in the higher RPMs. But the catless version is a whole different sound level than catted. Catted is quite comfortable, whereas catless is pretty wild.

PM me if you wish to pursue this and I will see what I can do to facilitate something.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Rebel Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
SamboTT

You should talk to SamboTT on this forum. He’s very well know impeccable rep. I bought my Cobb access port and a Kline 200 cell cat back from him. I love it hours on the freeway no drone. But when I step on her she wakes right up. Very happy 997.1TT. You can find sam at: sam@bydesynauto.com, or Sam Ahdoot on Facebook. He and his partners in Colorado took 2nd at Pikes Peak this year. Can’t say enough about his customer service and prices.
GOOD LUCK

Old 10-11-2017, 05:19 PM
I spoke with Sam, great guy, great conversation. He was the one who turned me onto the Kline.

I would love to hear both the Kline and SpeedTech catlesssystems if possible.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:45 PM
TripleNet has a spectacular aura aboutTripleNet has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
I am pretty sure we are shipping a 3.0 x pipe w/ full 3" dual tips to Florida tomorrow. I can
​​ find out where exactly and if the customer would be willing to display it after installation, if you are interested. This one is catless though, so it is considerably louder than the catted version. It would give you a very good idea of the fantastic shriek our system develops in the higher RPMs. But the catless version is a whole different sound level than catted. Catted is quite comfortable, whereas catless is pretty wild.

PM me if you wish to pursue this and I will see what I can do to facilitate something.
Thats coming to me

OP can PM anytime ....

Old 10-11-2017, 10:50 PM
HellaHashTags has a spectacular aura aboutHellaHashTags has a spectacular aura about
Also check out Shark Werks, no drone

Old 10-12-2017, 07:42 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
The systems that you list are all good. I have Kline with 200 cell cats. Got it from Sambo, and I'm very happy with it. A great balance of sound, performance, quality; and price.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:21 AM
650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold650kid is a splendid one to behold
Love my AWE setup

Old 10-13-2017, 08:22 AM
superslow is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a catless speedtech and I love it. It is crazy loud when you are on it, and livable just cruising around. I assume the one with cats is considerably quieter.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:36 AM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Try BBI?

Old 10-16-2017, 02:08 PM
Thank you all for your input, I have pulled the trigger on a Kline Innovations 70mm system along with a custom Cobb tune from Sambo. I will report back once installed and dialed in.

looking forward to a little more power/sound....

Thank you Sam for the time you spent with me today walking me through all of the available options...

Old 10-16-2017, 03:04 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Kline is a good balance of everything, you will be happy with it. Added bonus is the support from Sam which is always awesome even when he throws me under the bus lol. Just an inside joke ; )

Old 10-16-2017, 07:26 PM
quattrodoc is an unknown quantity at this point
I went with the FVD Loud version... I still have cats but their service is great as well....

Old 10-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 650kid
Love my AWE setup
OP, if you'd like to discuss the V2 of our European Car Mag award-winning configuration, let me know. My direct contact information is below

Old 10-17-2017, 05:17 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
3" exhaust. No drone....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.