997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My clutch problems after installing BBI Slave Cylinder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 06:36 AM
letMeIn is an unknown quantity at this point
I will be upgrading to GT2 setup soon, and Im wondering if I should just replace everything including lines.

Old 03-09-2021, 10:37 AM
lliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud of
You have to replace the flex line from the wall of the transmission tunnel. Replacing the hard line from the reservoir to the trans tunnel (the only other line) might be problematic.

Ed

Old 03-09-2021, 08:59 PM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
I had the same experience with installing a BBI unit. The first unit they sent was faulty, and the second unit they sent also was faulty. Leaking from inside the BBI slave.

We must have bled the clutch 15 times, replaced 4 slave cylinders and all the flex and hard lines in the ENTIRE clutch system.

BBi ignored us after the second unit failed. I eventually went to the GT2 slave from Evoms. It has worked flawlessly since and no issues.

STAY AWAY FROM BBi. Their quality control is **** and they don't care about their customers. I spent at least $4K in labour and parts trying to get their system to work - on top of the
cost of the BBi unit.

Last edited by NWturbo; 03-09-2021 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:48 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NWturbo
I had the same experience with installing a BBI unit. The first unit they sent was faulty, and the second unit they sent also was faulty. Leaking from inside the BBI slave.

We must have bled the clutch 15 times, replaced 4 slave cylinders and all the flex and hard lines in the ENTIRE clutch system.

BBi ignored us after the second unit failed. I eventually went to the GT2 slave from Evoms. It has worked flawlessly since and no issues.

STAY AWAY FROM BBi. Their quality control is **** and they don't care about their customers. I spent at least $4K in labour and parts trying to get their system to work - on top of the
cost of the BBi unit.
**** that sucks! Sorry to hear...I was so excited when they released the product. I removed my helper spring during the winter time so I'll see how that goes when the weather gets better.