997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Protomotive 63.5mm E85 997.1 vs 720RWHP 2J S2000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 01:41 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Nice!

What dyno was that 635awhp on, Mustang?

I would figure my old set up (880cc 5BAR) was about 640awhp on a Mustang Dyno, but like yours we made that power for almost the WHOLE PULL with a nice and flat as Canadian prairies power band .

I am guessing I am around 720-730awhp on a DynoJet, but with these cars, I would make almost all that power for the full pull.

I does not really matter to me the number, heck if I saw 675awhp I couldn't care, but how everything comes together when the rubber meets the road!

I am running 21-23psi's and a lot more timing up top then my 880cc(5BAR) set up.

CALL TODD NOW (infomercial voice LOL) and tell him to send you my (Bobby Ali 63.5m E85 from Toronto) latest flash , but fuel trims adjusted for your 1100's!! You will pick up power up top.

LMK what you think WHEN you do.

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
I am also on 63.5's, tuned by Protomotive and a bunch of other EVT goodies. I only make 635awhp and 635lbs/tq and running on 1,100 cc injectors.
Todd can squeeze more power out as I am only running 20 lbs of boost - but my car runs with cars making 100-200 more hp to the tires. It really surprises a LOT of cars/people.
The BEST decision I ever made was dumping the EVT tune and switching to Protomotive E85. Todd is a magician for sure!

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 07-22-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:07 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
Nice!

What dyno was that 635awhp on, Mustang?

I would figure my old set up (880cc 5BAR) was about 640awhp on a Mustang Dyno, but like yours we made that power for almost the WHOLE PULL with a nice and flat as Canadian prairies power band .

I am guessing I am around 720-730awhp on a DynoJet, but with these cars, I would make almost all that power for the full pull.

I does not really matter to me the number, heck if I saw 675awhp I couldn't care, but how everything comes together when the rubber meets the road!

I am running 21-23psi's and a lot more timing up top then my 880cc(5BAR) set up.

CALL TODD NOW (infomercial voice LOL) and tell him to send you my (Bobby Ali 63.5m E85 from Toronto) latest flash , but fuel trims adjusted for your 1100's!! You will pick up power up top.

LMK what you think WHEN you do.
I am not sure what dyno Todd uses - he tuned the car on his shop, and I fully agree with you, numbers are very subjective. We just came back from tearing up some twisties up in Arkansas and Branson with about 27 cars. On the way back, we had TONS of room and had a chance to stretch out some legs. I put a couple of cars several times on a Lambo Huracan twin turbo that was supposedly making 880awhp. We went from about 50 or 60 all the way to 180-190, just a steady pull all the way through...felt good!

Old 07-23-2018, 02:54 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
I am not sure what dyno Todd uses - he tuned the car on his shop, and I fully agree with you, numbers are very subjective. We just came back from tearing up some twisties up in Arkansas and Branson with about 27 cars. On the way back, we had TONS of room and had a chance to stretch out some legs. I put a couple of cars several times on a Lambo Huracan twin turbo that was supposedly making 880awhp. We went from about 50 or 60 all the way to 180-190, just a steady pull all the way through...felt good!

TELL ME YOU HAVE IT ON VID??!!

I would pay to see that!

That is crazy!! Now that is what this platform is all about, not just dyno numbers, but laying down results! The reason I love this platform is Porsche has always been conservative and done so much more with less and the bolt on cars reflect that same philosophy.

After watching many clips of Vehicle Virgin's lime Green VF Supercharged Lambo that dyno'ed 800whp. I remember saying that set up keeps within the Lambo philosophy with sound and instant power / throttle response. Very impressed with it as a complete package. After seeing it in action against many different machines, I thought I would put some lengths on a machine like this fom a 60mph roll. You just clarified that.

I am just assuming you most definitely got this time on vid, so I would patiently wait for the vid!

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 07-25-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor
@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all
definetly an easy kill if hes running a lazy S467, bet that car doesn't make 300wtq until 4500rpms

Old 07-25-2018, 04:05 PM
RickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to allRickRST is a name known to all
Are you guys talking flat power curves or flat torque curves? We don't get E85 in the UK sadly. We run upto around 23psi on VTG, but bring that boost in over 5500rpm to keep the torque curve flat and the power climbing, whilst also keeping temps under control on pump fuel. Below 5500rpn, only around 16psi to keep torque in check.

Rick

Old 07-26-2018, 08:49 AM
Rick,

For me and Todd K tuning it is both and most of the other E85 tunes that I have seen in the 997’s it both as well... maybe not as aggressive as Todd K for low tq .

If I make more power from this point on, I am at a point that I can not add any more tq down low.... but more hp up top (to a point) is always welcomed.

On pump we need to be more careful In bringing in the tq and Todd and I still have my pump tq pretty aggressive, but who runs pump anyways!

Originally Posted by RickRST
Are you guys talking flat power curves or flat torque curves? We don't get E85 in the UK sadly. We run upto around 23psi on VTG, but bring that boost in over 5500rpm to keep the torque curve flat and the power climbing, whilst also keeping temps under control on pump fuel. Below 5500rpn, only around 16psi to keep torque in check.

Rick

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 07-26-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:02 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
On pump we need to be more careful In bringing in the tq and Todd and I still have my pump tq pretty aggressive, but who runs pump anyways!
Why do you have to be more careful bringing in the tq on pump? knock reasons? I guess if you can safely bring in more tq using higher octane fuel like e85 then it's not the tq that's the problem but the knock?

And I still run pump.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:59 AM
Ms4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond reputeMs4cd has a reputation beyond repute
Todd does know his stuff. He really did an outstanding job on my build.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:50 PM
santon997 has a brilliant futuresanton997 has a brilliant futuresanton997 has a brilliant futuresanton997 has a brilliant futuresanton997 has a brilliant futuresanton997 has a brilliant futuresanton997 has a brilliant futuresanton997 has a brilliant futuresanton997 has a brilliant futuresanton997 has a brilliant futuresanton997 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
We will need to organize this! maybe in Canada even haha.
I would be up for doing this in Toronto. Not going to claim to be that knowledgeable in all of this but what I can say is on an Alpha9 kit with 3076s on 94 octane pump gas I've Vbox'd 10.1 on the street at 142mph and 9.99 at the drag strip in the 1/4 mile. If anything is going down in Toronto, I'm in.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Why do you have to be more careful bringing in the tq on pump? knock reasons? I guess if you can safely bring in more tq using higher octane fuel like e85 then it's not the tq that's the problem but the knock?

And I still run pump.
Asher,

your analogy is also correct, 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of the other.

Tq is almost directly related to knock, as if you bring in to much boost/timing = TQ, at tq peak and around that area is where the engine is most knock sensitive. You have a fuel that slows the burn enough (ie E85) you can add more boost and timing that adds more tq.

Concerning your sad face , you will not get any self petty help here my friend ! As you are now apart of the big boy turbo club & you mock us little VTG guys by running pump, but with our E85 numbers!!

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 07-26-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:43 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I had a run with a 95 Supra claiming about 780rwhp. I was able to put 1-2 cars on him from about 60 to 160mph.
He was on E85 as well.

Old 08-04-2018, 02:52 PM
arjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond reputearjayr33 has a reputation beyond repute
loved reading this posts you guys have all the fun in the world!

Old 08-06-2018, 06:53 AM
I now also now how my car fares against a 488GTB with a tune. Apparently those make about 700hp to the tires with a tune - I thought it would be really close.
From about 50 to 180, I was able to put about 1-1.5 cars on him. He had a passenger, I did not.

I did not miss a single beat and left nothing on the table though - all my shifts were on target, shifted right at 6,999 every single time and as quickly as I could. This was probably the best races that I have had since it was soooooo close.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:08 AM
I had a run with a 95 Supra claiming about 780rwhp. I was able to put 1-2 cars on him from about 60 to 160mph.
He was on E85 as well.
Very nice! You my friend need a integrated camera or at least a GoPro style cam, as you have some killer runs from our discussions!

That run makes sense compared to my S2000 720whp run as the Supra is about 4-500lbs more with 60whp more.

I now also now how my car fares against a 488GTB with a tune. Apparently those make about 700hp to the tires with a tune - I thought it would be really close.
From about 50 to 180, I was able to put about 1-1.5 cars on him. He had a passenger, I did not.

I did not miss a single beat and left nothing on the table though - all my shifts were on target, shifted right at 6,999 every single time and as quickly as I could. This was probably the best races that I have had since it was soooooo close.
Very nice and considering it weights about 300lbs less, your making jam every where in your power band.... actually from the list of kills you included in your PM, your making a good bit of Peanut butter and JAM!!

Old 08-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by arjayr33
loved reading this posts you guys have all the fun in the world!

Why does it have to be only us?

Looking at your list of machinery and your Porsche, you should be having even more fun!!