997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Injector replacement help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 03:28 PM
Bmw335i is on a distinguished road
Injector replacement help

does any know a way to get injectors out and in without pulling the engine/trans? Found a few guide on regular 997. Thanks

Old 11-03-2018, 02:29 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bmw335i
does any know a way to get injectors out and in without pulling the engine/trans? Found a few guide on regular 997. Thanks
Trust me when I say you don't want to try. It's a lot easier on other engines vs the 997 Turbo. If you search you can probably find some posts from me and others, it's a beating.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:23 AM
I’ve seen your post on the longest injector install ever post lol. How did you move the harness off the rail? I’m already partial into it 🤦*♂️ Thanks

Old 11-04-2018, 01:17 AM
pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !pete95zhn Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bmw335i
I’ve seen your post on the longest injector install ever post lol. How did you move the harness off the rail? I’m already partial into it 🤦*♂️ Thanks
First of all you need to drop the rear of the engine as low as you can, then remove rear bumper and intercoolers, Then disconnect all sensor, turbo control and injection and ignition coil plugs and two grounding wires (one each side, under valve cover bolts). Then disconnect two big plugs (and all small ones) connecting the engine loom to chassis. Now you can fold all wiring on top of the engine and start to disconnect fuel lines.
It's two full days' job, if you have SAI pump and everything still there. I'm not sure if you can do it at all if you also have plastic turbo air inlet piping...I have do88's silicone ones, which are pretty easy to pull out and thus get access to fuel rails. Perfect place to switch to them...
Oil fill tube must also be removed.

Good luck!

Old 11-04-2018, 04:20 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Good advice above. Oil fill tube you'll need a crow neck wrench or something fancy to get to.

As for most parts of this job... The best way to get them done is to stand behind the car and cuss at it, hoping that the vibration of your voice causes things to plug/unplug/fall out/fall into place. .

Old 11-04-2018, 04:53 PM
What did I get myself into lol already doing intercooler so no biggie, guess it’s time to do the inlet as well. Sound it might be easier to just drop the motor/trans out and do other maintenance. Already did water pump, few hoses, belt, plugs, fuel filter. Guess I’ll pause, order the turbo inlet and ponder if I should just drop it down completely. Thanks for the replies.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:43 PM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
It is easier to drop the motor from what many have told me, I did a job and regret doing it with the engine in the car. I kid you not, it took me two days to do it, between shooting the Sh_- it and grabbing beers etc. Prepare your knuckles for the beating, make sure you have small hands and a strong back if you decide to do it with engine in car. lol

Last edited by 993Godspeed; 11-07-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:09 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Too bad you're already into it without dropping it... Takes longer and harder to do it that way.. engine out is no big deal if you've done it before.

When we did it on my car, engine out in 90 mins-2 hrs max, dont move it from position under car just have it down from the car for easy access, injector swap takes maybe an hour if that, engine back in.. done in an afternoon.

Doing it without dropping engine... lol.. no way in hell i will try that on a car with inlets and emissions equipment.. on a car with no SAI and filters on turbo setup, even easier than engine out. Can pull injectors in under half hour if it doesn't have any of that stuff.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Former Vendor
SRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these parts
Someone with small hands and wrists helps but still a pita

Old 11-21-2018, 11:33 PM
Decided to put it back together after I read the first few replies. About to order turbos, upgrading tip and other bolt ons. Maintenance stuff too. Might as well get all this out the way and really scratch the need for speed. I was trying to be lazy but its way much harder from top side. Thanks for the replies

Old 11-22-2018, 12:10 AM
jakethunder is on a distinguished road
I’m a few hours into my 46k maintenance (fuel filter, belt, spark plugs, coils, etc). I already have the rear bumper, taillights, rear brace, ICs, air box, filter, fuel filter, etc. off of the car.

While I’m at it I’m also installing some turbo inlet pipes, do88 ICs and injectors. Figured dropping or removing the engine is warranted at this point.

Anyone have any good DIYs when it comes to which parts/hoses need to be disconnected in order to drop the engine for the spark plugs & injectors? I think I can lower it right now by removing the two 18mm bolts and by supporting the engine, but I think the cabling will only allow it to go so far.

Old 11-22-2018, 12:37 AM
https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...ngine_Drop.htm this is what I found. If you end up dropping it before me. Let me know if any additional things need to be removed 😉 I will hop on mine next month and probably won’t get all parts in until end of dec give or take.

Old 11-22-2018, 01:09 AM
jakethunder is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the link! That’s going to be super helpful tomorrow. I’ll run through the instructions and see if there’s and gotchas or anything that trips me up over the next few days.