997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Any possible issues? Catless/X-pipe no muffler.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 04:01 PM
shadow993 is on a distinguished road
Any possible issues? Catless/X-pipe no muffler.

Recently installed catless/X-pipe, and the turbos spool so much quicker.

I have a COBB stage 2 tune, with larger coolers and silicone pipe upgrade.

Any possible concerns with the straight exhaust beyond turbo spool noise?

Old 05-29-2019, 04:12 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I am sure you have turned off the CEL light with your cobb - besides that, I think you are good to go.
I am running straight pipes and resonators instead of cats - a lot of turbo noise/spool and you probably lose a tiny bit of low end power, but you more than make up for it with your other mods.

Old 05-29-2019, 04:31 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
When I went catless I noticed way more WOT smoke and, obviously, smell.

Old 05-30-2019, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor
@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all
Nope!

I have been running one of my custom 3.5" setups for 2 yrs now, the turbo spool noises are wicked lots of compliments and absolutely ZERO drone with the anti drone tubes, I can cruise at 1900rpms and have a conversation with my wife no problem

Old 05-30-2019, 08:32 PM
[quote=@pkop2JZ]Nope!

Are the small tubes on the side anti-drone? Any particular design for the construction?

Thx

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo197.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	643.2 KB
ID:	532784

Old 05-30-2019, 09:24 PM
DoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud ofDoDaLeCa has much to be proud of
Every non-catted TT I've followed noticeably smoked black on WOT.

The sidepipes appear to be a Helmholtz resonator likely tuned in length to cancel out the primary drone frequency.

Old 05-31-2019, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor
@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all
Yup those side branches if you will are the anti-drone tubes, very simple design basically a dead-end wall but works very well at eliminating drone! I wouldn't build an open exhaust without them for any car!

Here is another pic, also shows how I tricked the CEL for o2 sensor cat purposes

Old 05-31-2019, 10:58 AM
Edgemonty007 has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemonty007 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by @pkop2JZ
Yup those side branches if you will are the anti-drone tubes, very simple design basically a dead-end wall but works very well at eliminating drone! I wouldn't build an open exhaust without them for any car!

Here is another pic, also shows how I tricked the CEL for o2 sensor cat purposes
What size tube did you use for the anti-drone? Looks like 2" if you built the exhaust with 3.5". Would love to hear a sound clip of your exhaust.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:29 AM
supra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant future
Subscribed

Old 06-03-2019, 11:38 AM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
This is amazing! Can you make more?!!

Any sound clips?

Last edited by mikestyle; 06-03-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:18 PM
realking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud of
How do you keep the tips from turning gold? Are the coated with a blue ceramic? Thanks!

Old 06-05-2019, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor
The tips are Titanium and have been heated to add the bluish/purplish burnt color look, the rest of the exhaust is 304SS

Originally Posted by realking
How do you keep the tips from turning gold? Are the coated with a blue ceramic? Thanks!

Old 06-05-2019, 09:29 AM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
@pkop2jz Will you start selling this exhaust? I see there is a "coming soon" on your website.

http://www.pkop2jz.com/store/p34/Cus..._Exhausts.html

Old 06-05-2019, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by @pkop2JZ
The tips are Titanium and have been heated to add the bluish/purplish burnt color look, the rest of the exhaust is 304SS
Since I already have the exhaust, can you add the anti-drone to mine, if I send you the required details for calculations? For a fee of course.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:52 AM
Edgemonty007 has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemonty007 has a spectacular aura about
not to take away from anyone but Shaddow993 have you looked into Synapse's NoDrone? Here is a link: http://synapseengineering.com/synaps...s/nodrone.html

also look into this:

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-drone-489463/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any possible issues? Catless/X-pipe no muffler.