997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Porsche Driving Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:59 AM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
Porsche Driving Experience

Anyone ever been to the Porsche Driving Experience? I'm thinking of going in June...wanted some input if possible. Thanks.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:26 PM
riozilla is on a distinguished road
I did it about 2 years ago and loved it! I did the 2 day PDE and would highly recommend it to anyone. The Barber Motorsports museum is also truly incredible.

Pics of my PDE experience are here if you are interested in viewing:

http://homepage.mac.com/riozilla/PhotoAlbum58.html

Pics of the Barber Museum:

http://homepage.mac.com/riozilla/PhotoAlbum57.html

Last edited by riozilla; 02-12-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:22 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
The cost is fairly expensive. From a students view point...what is really gained besides just racing around a track??. Do they help you thru driving on wet pavement, high speed braking, etc.??

I went to a BMW "driving school" and it turned out to be nothing but hitting the apex. However, the cost was considerably lower than this porsche driving school..

Just need some ideas of why you liked the Porsche school so much?? thanks

Old 02-12-2007, 02:29 PM
riozilla is on a distinguished road
Yes, wet pavement - Yes, high speed braking - Yes, learning driving lines, Yes - world class professional race instructors - Yes, to lots more that I don't have time to type right now. Yes, Yes, Yes. Do some searching here and on the 996 area of Rennlist - there are dozens of posts of people discussing their experiences at PDE.

Certainly you pay a premium for the lovely new cars as well as the incredible facilities and overall experience. This is definitely a high-end instructional experience with a premium price. Totally worth it, IMO.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:07 PM
SG
SG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura aboutSG has a spectacular aura about
thanks for the great info. it is expensive but perhaps worth the fun?

Old 02-12-2007, 05:15 PM
SG
any feedback as to whether or not there would be any added benefit going to this if I've been to the 1 day Skip Barber school in Limerock where we drove porsches, m3's, etc?

Old 02-12-2007, 08:53 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I'm signed up for the 2 day high performance PDE in March. I definitely would recommend it for anyone planning to get or those who already own a Porsche because for the most part these cars _DO_ handle differently than other cars with its rear bias. I haven't gotten to a point where I'm entirely comfortable with driving the P-car aggressively because I haven't had a chance to fully explore the limits within a safe and controlled environment under the guidance of professional race car drivers. That's why I highly recommend going to the PDE if you can. You will get a chance to fully understand how to drive a rear engine car effectively under all driving conditions.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:38 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Did it in '04, worth every cent. One of these days I'll do the masters....

Old 02-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Bux
Bux is on a distinguished road
I am going next Next Wednesday and Thursday, 2 day PDE. I'll report back when I get home. Going with my dad and brother (on me), should be fun.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:38 AM
bobk is on a distinguished road
Pde

Just go back from 2 day masters course. The level of professionalism and experience in the instructor ranks alone makes it worth the cost. I think that these guys can get you going faster, safer, at almost any experience level.
My father in law has 3 national nascar modified championships, and even he was very impressed. Never mind 2 days tearing up a world class facility!! Like most things, the more effort and concentration you put into, the better the results. Just do it!

Old 02-13-2007, 09:58 AM
kush is on a distinguished road
The above is the only negative I've ever heard about PDE. I've never done it, but I hear it's very educational and a blast.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:06 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Definitely worth it!

Old 02-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
PDE is GREAT!!
You will have the time of your life.
I have attended more than most and keep going back like a moth to a flame.
Was just there Feb 3,4
Make the time to attend!!!

VIDEOS here

Old 02-13-2007, 12:26 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Agree, it's a lot more than just making laps. How do you put a value on one on one training with Hurley Haywood, Dave Murry....you can't. The whole operation is first class all the way, you really do get what you pay for, yet to hear anybody *****in' about feeling ripped off. Not suggesting you do it 25 times like trundle, he's certifiable!