997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Comment on These Options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:09 PM
huskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to allhuskylawyer is a name known to all
Comment on These Options?

Well, I'm about 70% on the TT purchase (almost grabbed a used Z06 but passed). I kinda go back and forth on it, so we shall see. Right now I'm focused on a Black 997TT with black interior that is not claimed and due in town next Sunday. Here are the options:

CDJ - Gear Lever Trim Exterior Color
CMH - Door Finishers Painted Black
CMG - Switch Panel Pkg.Painted Black
CXB - Door Entry Grds Stl Steel Illu
342 - Heated Front Seats
220 - Axle-Differential Lock Rear
XXZ - Foot Rest Aluminum
XMZ - Rear Center Console - Leather
P01 - Adaptive Sport Seats
CMF - PCM Package Painted Black
CMP - Instrument Surround Pntd.Black
CMM - Trim Strip Painted Black
810 - Floor Mats - Interior Color
640 - Sport Chrono Package Turbo
459 - Leather Steering Wheel
CPA - Thicker Leather Steering Wheel

Anyone have any comments or pics of these options? Probably a little more options than I want, but oh well. Feedback much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Old 07-27-2007, 01:27 AM
Bobby G is on a distinguished road
Husky - from your other post, you know I'm all for the turbo. this one seems very nicely equipped. can't help with pics.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:14 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
If you want black/black, why not give this guy a call?

Old 07-27-2007, 06:16 PM
AlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to all
So you're going to pull the trigger on a 997TT? Nice choice. I guarantee if you went with a Z06, you would've wanted to sell it in a few months. I know you man!

Old 07-27-2007, 06:57 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Dont forget the steering column XNS 420.00

I wish I did the Dome Lamp cover in Leather XZD 335.00

Good Luck
Gee_Bee

Old 07-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Since it was an ordered car by dealer or customer who backed out, perhaps there is some wiggle room on price on some of those more pricy options.

Just a thought.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:41 PM
OCPorsche is on a distinguished road
Is it an 07 or 08?

Old 07-29-2007, 06:49 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
That choice of steering wheel is not the greatest. It seems you are getting the thicker triangular hub steering wheel, WITHOUT the multi function?

The only reason to change to the triangular style wheel, other than cosmetic reason, would be to get the multi-function operation.

This car's steering wheel lacks multi-function, lacks thumb rests, and is bigger than the stock sports wheel; none of these is desireable IMHO.

Originally Posted by huskylawyer
Well, I'm about 70% on the TT purchase (almost grabbed a used Z06 but passed). I kinda go back and forth on it, so we shall see. Right now I'm focused on a Black 997TT with black interior that is not claimed and due in town next Sunday. Here are the options:

CDJ - Gear Lever Trim Exterior Color
CMH - Door Finishers Painted Black
CMG - Switch Panel Pkg.Painted Black
CXB - Door Entry Grds Stl Steel Illu
342 - Heated Front Seats
220 - Axle-Differential Lock Rear
XXZ - Foot Rest Aluminum
XMZ - Rear Center Console - Leather
P01 - Adaptive Sport Seats
CMF - PCM Package Painted Black
CMP - Instrument Surround Pntd.Black
CMM - Trim Strip Painted Black
810 - Floor Mats - Interior Color
640 - Sport Chrono Package Turbo
459 - Leather Steering Wheel
CPA - Thicker Leather Steering Wheel

Anyone have any comments or pics of these options? Probably a little more options than I want, but oh well. Feedback much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:05 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Looks nicely optioned to me, but If I were getting a turbo I would probably go nuts and get FULL leather, yellow belts andyellow stitching or white stitching and belts! Goodluck man, 997TT's are awesome!

Old 07-29-2007, 08:19 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Don't forget this!

CDZ Gear Lever Trim Leather

Another view

And another option highly recommended would be:
CUV Storage Cmpt Lid W/Model Logo

These two options would go very well with the leather rear center console that you've got on your list already.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:49 PM
gradyex will become famous soon enoughgradyex will become famous soon enough
Atomic is on top of it man, brings up this option that almost always is overlooked. Ties everything in on the stickshift/PCM console. All of this though, if I understand correctly means nothing if this particular car is inbound. For what its worth all the biggies are there (leather center console being one of them). It looks real good and is probably as close to exactly what you want as it will get. The steering option is the pricey one with the rectangle center? At least its the thicker leather option. These cars are always best made to order but if you can't wait this car is optioned nicely! If you want the "turbo" logo on the top of the center console and CDZ you can use my Vin to order it (I have both w/black interior). Be prepared to pay more and the wait is usually long but its do-able. Another member ordered the center console turbo logo using my vin#.The CMF (PCM in Black) is very pricey but I think it looks killer with your blacked out vents, etc! Should be blacked out to the bone!

Last edited by gradyex; 07-31-2007 at 11:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.