997 Vendor Classifieds
Sponsored by:

\ New from VF: 510hp 997S 3.8L /

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 03:10 AM
Hyperseven is on a distinguished road
There is a serious reason after the pricing of each model and ofcourse porsche did not simply bolt on a turbo kit to their 911s. If you want to match the TT performace just go buy one. The VF kit will definetely make our cars faster and more joyable but with $10k you wont achieve more than what porsche achieves with €30k.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:25 AM
DOCTOR 911s is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hyperseven
There is a serious reason after the pricing of each model and ofcourse porsche did not simply bolt on a turbo kit to their 911s. If you want to match the TT performace just go buy one. The VF kit will definetely make our cars faster and more joyable but with $10k you wont achieve more than what porsche achieves with €30k.
One more time you are correct.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:38 AM
alpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of light
DOCTOR 911s & Hyperseven -

We all understand your point. A VF supercharger will not make a 997 as fast as a 997TT. We get it. You are the only guys comparing the VF supercharger to a 997TT. The rest of us already understand it. There is no need to continue repeating the comparison. No one disagrees with you.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Hyperseven is on a distinguished road
I was just making a comment on doctor911 comparison on SC vs TT. I know excactly whats the potential of each car. Having said that i suggest to open a new post for further comparison.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:01 PM
DOCTOR 911s is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by alpine-al
DOCTOR 911s & Hyperseven -

We all understand your point. A VF supercharger will not make a 997 as fast as a 997TT. We get it. You are the only guys comparing the VF supercharger to a 997TT. The rest of us already understand it. There is no need to continue repeating the comparison. No one disagrees with you.

Thank you for understanding me.
I suggest to all you to take the vf kit because is very fast and safe and you have to be sure that you will not regret it....

Old 12-08-2012, 01:14 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Hyperseven,

I did not Dyno the car. I just ran it against a 996TT and a 997.1TT (the 480 hp one). I was able to edge out the 996TT, and stayed even with the 997.1TT.

Ok, enough thread jack. Let's leave VF's thread as it was intended to be.

Originally Posted by Hyperseven
Hi 808C2S, did you ever dyno your car to check out your figures. It makes me wonder why should VF declare 510hp if they can't reach such figures. I have ordered the VF510 kit but after reading the recent posts i am a bit dissapointed.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Former Vendor
VF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DOCTOR 911s
The tuning that I have in my car has the same parts(vortech v2,intercooler,injectors Bosch,
Bosch high flow water circulation system,water radiator kit.
Bosch pressure relief bypass system.
K&N induction filter,ECU) and I'm wondering how they give us 510hp and the same kit gives 453hp.its far away.the vf 475 is 420fwhp in a dyno in Greece.so it's better to tell us the true because same people will take the kit,that obviously is very good and fast,but not fast just like a turbo with 475hp.
That's my opinion an I believe that is better to discuss in order to make our cars faster,even if we disagree,so the better that we have to do is to listen opinions from anyone and not"eat" everything that gives us.....
DOCTOR 911s, thank you for all your input. You will notice that we use a Vortech V3, not a V2, and custom designed piping/routing of not only the intake air tract to specific measurements, but also the water cooling lines to insure adequate water flow to and from both the front-mount and the intake charge cooler. Without adequate waterflow, stagnant or improperly circulated water will lead to power loss.

Most importantly though, our tuning lies at the heart of the differences. 1000's of miles of testing in different conditions and on our 4-wheel Mustang Dyno combined with our resources and 16 years of experience tuning not only Porsches, allows us to make our conservative power claims.

Again, thank you for your input, but we kindly ask you to post information about your own kit in your own thread.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:32 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DOCTOR 911s
Thank you for understanding me.
I suggest to all you to take the vf kit because is very fast and safe and you have to be sure that you will not regret it....
That is a very good recommendation. I searched the forums and have yet to find a single person who was bought a VF S/C that was not very pleased with it. Great power and very reliable and as you said, very fast, safe and they will not regret it.

As 997 owners we are fortunate that there is such a good, reliable option for us out there from VF.

Last edited by DoninDEN; 12-10-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Doctor 911s...as suggested start your own thread...if you have nothing positive to contribute here then stay out...lets get back on topic

Old 01-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Former Vendor
VF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the roughVF Engineering is a jewel in the rough
Happy New Years everybody!

Thanks for your patience while we were out of the office.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor
Diagram of air intake path through our custom Air:water Aftercooler

Name:  phNnx.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  163.3 KB

Old 01-18-2013, 01:58 PM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough
Can you post a link to the installation instructions? The link on Vivid's website is broken (I sent them an e-mail, too).

TIA

Old 01-18-2013, 06:34 PM
Former Vendor
Ohh, I'm guessing you're the one I replied. I'll shoot you the instructions right now.

Originally Posted by cam99
Can you post a link to the installation instructions? The link on Vivid's website is broken (I sent them an e-mail, too).

TIA

Old 01-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor
Wow! Thank you everyone for all the PM's and technical questions. I'm always happy to assist and answer any questions about the technology and performance of our kits.

Shoot me a quick PM for special forum pricing!

Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 PM
Former Vendor
ROCS Auto 997S install

Some pics from Rich at ROCS Auto in New Jersey of the 997S VF510 install they're wrapping up:

Name:  dBT6pl9.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  31.4 KB
Name:  oIel72P.jpg
Size:  29.9 KB
Name:  FF9jnmt.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  32.4 KB
Name:  JXOTcsb.jpg
Size:  37.5 KB
Name:  rZTqVyP.jpg
Size:  22.4 KB
Name:  V2AZujH.jpg
Size:  29.9 KB
Name:  auKMIVq.jpg
Size:  40.9 KB
Name:  GVvArbb.jpg
Size:  33.6 KB
Name:  lwSXgxH.jpg
Size:  29.7 KB

Stay tuned for the finished product!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: \ New from VF: 510hp 997S 3.8L /