997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

07 Carrera S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 06:33 PM
SRQ997S is on a distinguished road
07 Carrera S

I have a 07 carrera s cabriolet and i currently have those mods on it:
EVO intake, custom headers, GIAC , and plenus on order. Now im looking for a set of mufflers and so far i have been getting a good feedback from milltek, also the price is good too $1250 shipped, any suggestions?

Old 01-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I had Fabspeed on my 996, and now have Fabspeed on my 997S, and am happy. They cost about $1,000. However, make sure you speak to them on the phone and ensure you're getting a set that was made in USA- I think they've experimented with some made in China and they're crap: sloppy welds, poor fitment (requiring pipe modifications to install), and almost no sound difference.

SuperSprint is really nice, made in Italy. Not too many here have it.

Tubi, sold by Champion is, in my opinion, overpriced at somewhere around $3k. But none would deny that it's a top quality product.

Ignore HP claims, and do mufflers for the sound. As I said, I've been happy with Fabspeed. Here's a link to my car on YouTube with stock vs. Fabspeed:
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=7GU7BaPERbo[/media]

I will try to update it this weekend with some drive-by footage.

Or you can consider the DIY mod, which connects the in/out tubes on the OEM mufflers.

CATTMAN

Last edited by Cattman; 01-24-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:01 PM
hoeferland is on a distinguished road
I have a Tubi system I'm thinking of parting with at a good price. If you're interested let me know.

Carl

Old 01-24-2008, 07:06 PM
CATTMAN- thanks for the reply, i will look into supersprint as well im also looking for a good sound not to loud, also what do you think about SOFTRONIC tuning?
Andre'

Old 01-24-2008, 07:06 PM
why do you want to sell your TUBI?

Old 01-24-2008, 07:12 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Carl, how much for the tubi? BTW, did you install those springs yet?

Old 01-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I have heard some good things about Softronic recently. I think what makes them unique is that they have some kind of feature where if you buy a new car, you don't have to pay from scratch to flash your ECU on the new car- they give you some kind of credit for what you paid on your first car. Additionally, they make it easy to return your ECU to stock in case you're nervous about Warrantee issues at your dealer.

They claim the following on a 997S: from stock 355hp to tuned 389hp. From stock 295TQ to tuned 330TQ. Their price is around $900.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Well, I was thinking of somewhere around $1,300 OBO for the exhaust w/o the stock tips, but I'm open to offers. The system retails for $2,480 through GMG (a little less expensive that Champion) w/o tips. At least that's what I'm thinking, but I'm open to offers.

We installed the springs today and I love the stance. We finished up the alignment around 6pm so I didn't get a chance to drive her, and Matt Dreese is coming by tomorrow to do a full detail. I will know how she drives tomorrow with the springs and I will also be posting some pictures! Skip at Skip's Wheelwerks repainted the Carrera Sport Wheels matte black, which looks amazing against the yellow!

I love the sound of the Tubi system and the construction is amazing! I'm pondering the idea of getting a full AWE (Headers, Cats, Exhaust) system during the next few weeks, so that's why I'm thinking of moving on.

Carl

Old 01-24-2008, 07:35 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like you modded that bad boy right from the start, bro! Looking forward to the pics and its good to hear that the springs worked out!

I'm considering TUBI exhaust as well, so I may PM you with an offer.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Okay, sounds good to me. Just let me know. Yeah, tuning from the start...it's a tough thing to live with.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Laps is on a distinguished road
Carl,

I am not able to PM yet, but was wondering how much the Tubi has been used (miles, months) What kind of condition is it in?

Old 01-25-2008, 12:59 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hoeferland
Well, I was thinking of somewhere around $1,300 OBO for the exhaust w/o the stock tips, but I'm open to offers. The system retails for $2,480 through GMG (a little less expensive that Champion) w/o tips. At least that's what I'm thinking, but I'm open to offers.

We installed the springs today and I love the stance. We finished up the alignment around 6pm so I didn't get a chance to drive her, and Matt Dreese is coming by tomorrow to do a full detail. I will know how she drives tomorrow with the springs and I will also be posting some pictures! Skip at Skip's Wheelwerks repainted the Carrera Sport Wheels matte black, which looks amazing against the yellow!

I love the sound of the Tubi system and the construction is amazing! I'm pondering the idea of getting a full AWE (Headers, Cats, Exhaust) system during the next few weeks, so that's why I'm thinking of moving on.

Carl
Sent you a PM. I have been debating between the AWE and TUBI for some time. Just out of curiosity, couldn't you keep the exhaust and change the headers and cats. Or even buy the tubi headers and awe cats. Just a thought.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:13 PM
outtadaloop is on a distinguished road
I've got the techart race on mine and they are really aggressive sounding..love em!

Old 01-25-2008, 02:17 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I have Evo Intake, Headers, Mufflers and AWE Cats. I love the sound of it, but I am not sure that I would want it in a Cab! It is Loud and the sound would get to me over time.

If you do like the sound, then look at the Evo Exhaust, you have a few other parts from them, good stuff IMO.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Hey guys, sorry for a bit of delay...it was a full day at work!

The Tubi exhaust is ~6 to 8 months old; ~5,000 miles; in good to excellent condition (especially if I scrub and polish it); asking $1,300 OBO.

Yeah, I guess I could keep the Tubi system and just got with either the AWE or Tubi headers and the AWE cats. I'm kind of a matching freak at points...I guess that's why I'm thinking about it. We're all kind of particular like that in some way when it comes to our cars...

Carl

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 Carrera S