997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Replacement Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 12:14 PM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Replacement Tires

Hi,

I am finally due for my first set of replacements. I do not want to spend the $$ for PS2's so what are my other good options? Anyone have the 19's with Brigestones? I apparently have a rare odd size that no one can replace very easily with very few options (don't know why) but every tire store I call says they don't carry these sizes:

F- 235/35-19's
R - 295/30/19's

Can I put any other size than the ones that are on there now?

Also Bridgestones make the RE050A's and RE960AS Pole Positions. Are these good tires? Anyone have exprerience with them? Which one of the two is better?

Thanks,
Jon

Old 05-11-2008, 01:48 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Check out tirerack.com, it will show you all the sets available.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:39 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
It's a PORSCHE!! Put on PS2's. Get them from "TireRack". Use cheep tires on your DD.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:39 PM
SoCal996 is infamous around these parts
Yeah, check out tirerack.com, just search the correct tires size you need and i'll show all available options from them, including all price ranges from affordability to high end.

Purchase your tires depending on how you use/drive your Porsche, not necessarily cost, but if you drive it to pick up coffee, go for practicality. But if track it or sport it around, you'll regret not paying the extra $$$$$$$

Old 05-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Mike R. is infamous around these parts
I had PS2s recently put on and found them to be better on the track than the Pirelli P-Zero's that came with my car. If you're tracking the car, I'd recommend the PS2s, or better yet, the Sport Cups.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:08 PM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SoCal996
Yeah, check out tirerack.com, just search the correct tires size you need and i'll show all available options from them, including all price ranges from affordability to high end.

Purchase your tires depending on how you use/drive your Porsche, not necessarily cost, but if you drive it to pick up coffee, go for practicality. But if track it or sport it around, you'll regret not paying the extra $$$$$$$

I don't track the car so I'm just looking for good practical tires.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:27 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike R.
I had PS2s recently put on and found them to be better on the track than the Pirelli P-Zero's that came with my car. If you're tracking the car, I'd recommend the PS2s, or better yet, the Sport Cups.
PZero are horrible tires, I took mine off two weeks ago, 70% left on F, 50% left on R, bought a set of used PS2's to try them out. I love the Yokohama Advan Sports that I have on my Allroad, may go that way for the Porsche, I run Yokohama 048's on the track...ton's of grip with these tires.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mike R.
PZero are horrible tires, I took mine off two weeks ago, 70% left on F, 50% left on R, bought a set of used PS2's to try them out. I love the Yokohama Advan Sports that I have on my Allroad, may go that way for the Porsche, I run Yokohama 048's on the track...ton's of grip with these tires.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Michael2364 is infamous around these parts
Nitto Invos are supposed to be a really good tire almost half the price of Ps2's. This is a clip one of the board sponsors GMG made about the tire. Very informative 6 min in length..
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwKHuYJtS7c[/media]

Ebay has them for less than $300 bucks for a 305/30/19.

Maybe the guys at GMG could chime in.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:56 PM
aintpatricksday is infamous around these parts
The Bridgestone RE050 are good everyday tires. My car is driven almost daily on stock 18" Carrera III's. It could use a bit more front end grip at the limit but otherwise I couldn't be happier.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:51 PM
etmorcus is infamous around these parts
I use the Bridgestones and since I do not track the car, I have found them to be quiet, grippy and the first set of rears lasted almost 14k. So I am a big fan.
My brother's GT3 went through the PS Cups so fast that he went to the regular Pilot Sports. More expensive is always the best solution. It depends on your driving style and what you expect...
Good luck

Old 05-12-2008, 02:25 AM
Former Vendor
Don Nguyen is infamous around these parts
Like others have said, check out tirerack for some tires for your car. PS2s are nice, and I would get them over the Pirellis, but that's just personal preference.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:22 PM
cephas is infamous around these parts
P Zero is not horrible. PS2 is overrated.
I would recommend Bridgestones also

Old 05-12-2008, 06:09 PM
dduncan is infamous around these parts
Old 05-12-2008, 06:20 PM
swajames is infamous around these partsswajames is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cephas
P Zero is not horrible. PS2 is overrated.
I would recommend Bridgestones also
Have to say I agree. Replaced my PZero's with the N1 spec PS2s and whilst the PS2 is a little smoother I feel the PZero offered more grip and felt sharper on the turn-in. The PS2s seem to break away earlier than the PZero. I'll probably go back to the PZero or try Bridgestones next time round. I only got the PS2 as my dealer couldn't get hold of the PZero and the PS2s were actually a little cheaper.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Replacement Tires