997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dension Woes!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
Dension Woes!

Well, I've been living in Dension jail for some time now. For some reason, my Dension Gateway 500 reverted to not show artists, albums or songs from my iPod on my PCM.

With 4,000 songs on my iPod, you can imagine my frustration, and I've tried everything including, iPod update, Dension update to 2.11 software, reset of PCM, reset of Dension, access of the Dension menu through the infamous 3x on/off cycle - all to no avail.

Have to say, Eric at Bumperplugs was fantastic - he stood by the product, sold to me nearly 1 year ago, offering all kinds of help.

Even the Dension helpdesk was struggling to solve this problem.

And then I came across a solution - I put the Dension in iPod GW, then held the Fast Forward button for 15 seconds - and what do you know, the PCM screen flashed, and flashed again with my iPod name and song titles, including artists and albums!!!

So if you've had this problem, do not abandon hope, there is a solution.

I absolutely love the interface, and can't think of a better solution for our cars.

Cheers,
Gundo

Old 05-30-2008, 08:16 AM
aalvarez is on a distinguished road
Good posting. Thanks for the tip.

Alex

Old 05-30-2008, 08:28 AM
MartinJF is on a distinguished road
Hey Gundo

I assume you post on PPBB as well, good to see you there.

Your install looks just like mine (I have a Cab), yes it works well, nice to know about the fix!

Old 05-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
Guilty as charged. Moved to the 997 S from my Boxster S mid-2007. Love the crew on PPBB and hang out there quite a bit.

Cheers

Old 05-30-2008, 02:34 PM
MartinJF is on a distinguished road
Did exactly the same in Feb 08 moved from a 987S to a 997S Cab - no regrets, I just had to have a cab after the Boxster.

Good group of people on PPBB.

Maybe I will do a long journey to BRBS one day!

Old 06-01-2008, 02:03 PM
mishref will become famous soon enough
Gundo,

The scenario you described isn't an issue with the dension .. its just one of the options you can use. I use that method when I connect my iPod touch as full control is handled by the ipod (just passes audio/charge); this makes it easier to navigate through several artists/albums.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:34 AM
I understand that a feature of the Dension is not to show artists or tracks, but toggling between modes is the most frustrating part - the challenge was figuring out the toggle back, as the PCM was a bit recalcitrant