997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Do you like this colour combination?

Old 08-21-2009, 09:46 AM
epaulbb is infamous around these parts
I never was a fan of tan/sand beige interiors, I was only down with black interiors. But when I bought my 2005 C2, there were no pictures and the dealer said it was a dark grey (seal grey) and tan (sand beige) combo. The price was crazy good, so I went to look at it and left with the car and this color combo. Check out some pics:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...p?albumid=1569

Anyways, I'm a fan of the sand beige now, since I rarely see my color combo. I purchased it used and haven't seen any problems with the wear. It still looks brand new for 4 years, so I don't think longevity is an issue as long as you take care of it.

I personally don't like the looks of the silver and beige combo you posted, as some other said in this thread, I prefer more contrast with beige. So dark exterior is my preference, especially after seeing my combo work.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:04 AM
kabbanid is on a distinguished road
I like the looks of your car epualbb. It reminds me of the meteor grey with beige inside that is currently at the dealer (brand new). The only problem is that it is not an S and I am reluctant to get it for this reason. I am not sure if (but there most certainly is) there are threads debating the new Carrera vs the Carrera S. Plus I don't like the shape of the exhaust on the Carrera, I prefer the round exhaust on the S.

But I bet I could get a good price for it since it is their last 2009 model (2008 production) that the dealer has.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:05 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
It's your car, buy it if you like it or can stand it. I have arctic silver /carrera red and while many people wouldn't touch this color combo, most who saw it in real life loved it. Photographs tends to exaggerate the color so don't judge the color without seeing it.

Remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...

Old 08-21-2009, 10:25 AM
epaulbb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kabbanid
I like the looks of your car epualbb. It reminds me of the meteor grey with beige inside that is currently at the dealer (brand new). The only problem is that it is not an S and I am reluctant to get it for this reason. I am not sure if (but there most certainly is) there are threads debating the new Carrera vs the Carrera S. Plus I don't like the shape of the exhaust on the Carrera, I prefer the round exhaust on the S.

But I bet I could get a good price for it since it is their last 2009 model (2008 production) that the dealer has.
Thanks for the color combo compliment. S vs. non-S, I didn't have a choice due to budget and I wanted to purchase from a reputable dealer. But I love my non-S C2. As for exhaust tips, I agree, but that's an easy change, since I was planning to upgrade my exhaust in the future, so I wouldn't let that sway your decision. I'd decide base on if you want more power and the "S" options.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:25 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
Beige is boring... and w/ the silver trim pieces it's even worse. It's an awkard combination. The only time I'll have beige is in a two-tone interior, but the exterior will need to be dark for some contrast.

Speaking of contrast, I am not a fan of black exterior and interior either. Or blacked out or "murdered out" cars.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
There is nothing wrong with a contasting interior. Black is very hot and makes the interior look like a cave. The only time a black interior is a must is with a black exterior. Just my opinion.

Old 08-22-2009, 12:03 AM
muerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to all
Been reading this thread and as an owner of arctic/black, feeling the need to contribute (or maybe vent). I understand that there are a lot of arctic/black cars out there. I have owned two plus a meteor/black. Let's keep a little perspective...

1) Silver is great to own...doesn't show paint defects or dirt.
2) Black interior is similar, easy to keep clean, doesn't stain (or at least you can't see the stains)
3) Most people I know don't let their PCar sit in the sun all day...so the black is hot thing doesn't really mean much to me
4) Silver is very low key. Doesn't attract attention from anyone including the police.
5) Arctic is complementary with any chrome/stainless that you add (Shifter *****, exhaust tips, etc.)
6) As mentioned in a previous post, a black dash reduces reflection on inside of windshield (have you ever put a piece of paper on a black dash and tried to drive on a sunny day?).

Bottom line from my perspective...yes, there are many of these cars, but it is for a reason. When I move to sell, I know I have a large market and these cars get a premium. Easy in...easy out.

Whatever color combo you want...go crazy. It just gets a little old hearing people bash on silver/black...

Old 08-22-2009, 12:07 AM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
I love my silver on black and you forgot one key point:

1) No need to paint or change interior parts as stock are silver to begin with, especially the seat backs. So silver saves you money on these things.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:11 AM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
It's a matter of personal taste of course. Myself, I'm not a fan of light interiors in sports cars. It works if you want to be different but not much contrast and makes it look a little bland. I personally love black interiors. Porsches are NOT a dime a dozen where I live, so I'm partial to the silver/grey/white exterior with black interior.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:03 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by stevepow
There was a Sliver/Beige full leather C2S Cab at my dealer and they had added the aluminum center console, ebrake, and shifter. That car was beautiful. But what looks great on Cabs doesn't always work on Coupes. Additionally, black floor mats might give the interior some relief. All that Beige can be a bit monotone.

I don't care how many people have silver or black - there's only going to be the one in your garage, and if that's your color, that's your color.
+1 on that if it's your color, that's your color.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:36 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
I think GT and Arctic both look good with beige or natural. Great combo.
Here is proof: