997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Does anyone know what settings the dealer can change?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 06:04 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by drspeed
I have an 09' C2 6 speed with manual seats, no sport chrono, and self dimming mirrors.

I would love to have my right mirror dip down in reverse, but I don't have power seats. Also, I'd like to have the doors lock when I drive off (the manual specifically says the dealer controls this feature). Lastly, I'd love to have auto on headlights, but I don't want to go the daytime running lights route.

My dealer plugged my car up via the OBD and said he specified the reversing mirror drop and auto lock. But when we test drove it, nothing changed. He also said I could get a new light switch that enabled automatic headlight lights?

Before I take it back in again, does anyone have a .pdf or know for sure what settings the dealer can change through connecting the OBD?

Thanks,
David
i always thought you just put car in D.. set mirrors.. leave **** on "passenger" side.. put in reverse and it will dip down.. then u adjust the dip..

then leave **** to lass side.. when u go in D is reg. when in R.. goes to dip.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:07 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Ordered my remotekey yesterday

Originally Posted by larrytrk
some of the functions can be programmed with a mods-4-cars RemoteKey.
Look it up on line, $300 well spent.
My dealer supposedly activated the drop down mirror,and I pulled the manual and tried to set it up but it simply doesn't work. The manual indicates that as a precondition to having a drop down mirror you need power seats with memory.

There is no way I'm scuffing my wheels. The drop down mirror feature should be bundled with the 19 inch wheels! You so much as look the wrong way at a curb with 30 series tires and its off the the wheel shop you go.

Thanks so much for the recommendation Larry. I'm also looking forward to the true one touch feature for the passenger window lift.

Regards,
David

Old 09-24-2009, 12:07 AM
PorscheUSA is on a distinguished road
My 997S flashes when remote locked. But, I am just not used to no beep when locking or unlocking car.

Does anyone know if 997S can be set to beep when it is locked and either 2 beeps or a different sound when it is unlocked?

Thanks

Old 09-24-2009, 04:05 AM
dndodd is on a distinguished road
mod4cars controller

Old 09-28-2009, 11:31 PM
bolobar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by utkinpol
I do not have a cab, and for a coupe $500 for just remote window opener - even by my standards it is an excess.

All I need is a sound/blink when I close my car plus would be nice to have passenger mirror to rotate down and show me curb side.

TO open windows remotely would be nice but not really essential. My indi shop nearby has PIWIS system - how exactly can be that mirror thing activated without motorized seat option? Does anybody know for sure?
RemoteKey (for coupes) is slightly under $300 including shipping on eBay.