997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 05:56 PM
oatmealadam is on a distinguished road
Any chance you could snap a photo of the location? I don't want to start unplugging things I'm uncertain of. If you could describe it's colour or number of connections that would help if there's no picture.
Thanks for the help

Old 01-14-2010, 09:26 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of

Old 01-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Rodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really nice
Originally Posted by larrytrk
Dealer did the install on my 09 C2S-PDK.
Used my switch as noted.
Install could be $500 to $600. Porsche specifies 6 Hours, but that included wiring the dash switch and going through the DME.
The install was a bit more complicated than the 06 997S install
Ashtray switch to fuse box should save time.
Thanks - called them and they didnt think they could do it for some reason - although they are still looking into it. Wanted to know that its been done (on a car that was ordered w/o it)..

Old 01-15-2010, 05:20 AM
oatmealadam is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the pic ntlgnt1 ... appreciated

Old 01-15-2010, 07:40 AM
Turbo911cm is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tom@Rennsport-1
Personally, I think if you like the sound of the PSE with loud on, you'd be better suited to check out some of the aftermarket options out there. There are several companies (Cargraphic or Tubi to name a few) that can offer you the perfect sound you're looking for, while also saving tons of weight over the PSE system.
I am going to agree with the statement above. Why not take a look at the aftermarket? It will probably save you a lot of work, hassle, some reduction in weight, and with some research you can probably find the sounds you want through a couple youtube videos.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:00 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Carnewal is selling a neat remote mod for the turning on/off the PSE. 150 Euros is close to $225USD. No wiring, switches, etc. Anybody ever seen one of these?

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p97084.htm :

P97 PSE Manual Control
The PSE on the P97-1 and P97-2 needs to be activated every time you start the car by pushing the "Sport" and/or "PSE" button.
And even if you have decided to set the PSE in the loud setting, the DME will always switch the PSE to silent between 45 and 75km/h.
On most cars, it's also not possible to have the PSE on when the Sport setting is switched off.
We now offer a plug and play solution that allows you to control the PSE manually, with memory function and all this via remote control.
The 2 channel remote has a "loud" and "silent" button so you can be 100% sure of the setting, even before you start the engine.
If you switch off the ignition, the last setting will be stored so next time you start the car, the PSE will still be in the same position so it's not necessary to push any of the buttons first, in order to get the PSE in the setting that you prefer.

Price : 150 Euro. Dollar Conversion
For every P97-1 or P97-2 with factory equipped or dealer retrofitted PSE sport exhaust.
Easy to connect and 100% reversible.

Contact us for more information
http://www.carnewal.com/

Old 01-15-2010, 06:00 PM
larrytrk will become famous soon enough
That can be accomplished with a $20 12 volt remote control relay.I have one I purchased for my Westy camper and haven't used it and decided to go with my ashtray switch instead.

You will have to make your own connector if you don't have the factory plug!
Or you can spend $150....Sorry $220 US

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/e...arrytrk/parts/

By the way the PSE is always left ON if the solenoid is not energized. So my car always can start up with PSE on, unless I turn it off!

Last edited by larrytrk; 01-15-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:16 AM
jp-s is on a distinguished road
Carnewal Switch

I have the Carnewal remote switch installed today. Very easy to install en works absolute great:

What a gadget on your keyring!!

Old 03-12-2010, 01:50 PM
larrytrk will become famous soon enough
is it battery powered, or is there any additional wiring other than plug in?

Old 03-12-2010, 08:33 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
My car has the factory Aerokit yet it has the switch to raise or lower the rear spoiler as if it didn't have such Aerokit. Does anyone know if it can be used to control the PSE like the ashtray switch? If this switch doesn't work, are there any other factory switches that go on the console that can be turned on/off to control the PSE and still look like a factory item?

Old 03-12-2010, 08:53 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cibergypsy
My car has the factory Aerokit yet it has the switch to raise or lower the rear spoiler as if it didn't have such Aerokit. Does anyone know if it can be used to control the PSE like the ashtray switch? If this switch doesn't work, are there any other factory switches that go on the console that can be turned on/off to control the PSE and still look like a factory item?
I have this useless switch as well. Not sure if would work, but like the idea.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:12 AM
No additional battery or plug-ins. The unit gets its power from the existing wires. plug-and-play. It's not possible to screw this one up!

Old 03-13-2010, 03:11 AM
Ilias4s is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jp-s
I have the Carnewal remote switch installed today. Very easy to install en works absolute great:

What a gadget on your keyring!!
Hello I am interesting for this switch i want to ask you we you have it on the PSE it cat the noise in 35 to 75 km or is on all the way.Thanks

Old 03-13-2010, 04:02 AM
It's always on or always off, and it remembers your last setting. no idiot speed cutout anymore! (you didn't pay for the pse to do that, right?)

Old 02-27-2011, 04:07 PM
away will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by cibergypsy
Just curious if anyone was ever able to turn their spoiler switch into a PSE on/off controller?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Sport Exhaust