997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fabspeed 997 S High Performance Air Intake - Install pics, review!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Fabspeed 997 S High Performance Air Intake - Install pics, review!

We recently installed our first Fabspeed 997 S High Performance Air Intake with Carbon Fiber Heatshield here at USP Motorsports, and thought I would post some pictures and a review. I first want to say that this is truly a beautiful intake system that pictures really can not do justice. Fit and finish were perfect, no issues there. Definitely a noticeable gain in hp and tq, as well as a change in the tone of the engine. I will stand behind Fabspeeds claims of 21hp and 19tq gain, and will definitely be a very high recommendation to any future 997 S customers I may have. The intake will also now be available for purchase from USP Motorsports after this unanimous decision of approval - http://uspmotorsports.com/product_in...roducts_id=461

Highlights from Fabspeed:

• Only fits 2009 997 Carrera ‘S’ Vehicles. Base 997 Carrera will get C.E.L.
  • 402HP/331 ft-lbs of torque to the crank.
  • Fabspeed’s Maxflo High Performance Air Intake system replaces the stock factory airbox for improved power and exotic car sound.
  • Dual conical air filters attached to carbon fiber tubing.
  • Improved air flow and sportscar sound.

Pictures:

And last but not least, the 997 it was installed on..

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-23-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: requested by op
Old 02-23-2010, 02:11 PM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
How was the HP and TQ measured? Do you have dyno graphs of before and after?
Thanks.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:17 PM
robac can only hope to improve
I looks real nice. I'm curious about the power gain. If it is real what a great mod. Can anybody vouch for the numbers?

Old 02-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Shur is purrty.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SKYKING
How was the HP and TQ measured? Do you have dyno graphs of before and after?
Thanks.

Click on the link in the post and then click on dyno link. it was on a dynojet 424.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:23 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
This is a great intake... Sound is much deeper and gives even the stock exhaust a more noticable tone. When done in conjunction with mufflers it really makes the car sound exotic. The carbon looks great in the 'bay as well.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Can someone explain for me why this intake will not work on a 997.1 S version car ?
Is it a MAF issue ? Too much air ? Not enough resistance in the intake system ? What ?

Old 02-23-2010, 07:44 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
I wonder how this intake system will sound with the Tubi system? Do you have it in stock?

Old 02-24-2010, 07:16 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dadio
Can someone explain for me why this intake will not work on a 997.1 S version car ?
Is it a MAF issue ? Too much air ? Not enough resistance in the intake system ? What ?
Too much air flow...the sensor and tuning on the standard Carrera is different than the S version.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:20 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JmanE55
I wonder how this intake system will sound with the Tubi system? Do you have it in stock?
I have a full Tubi system on my 09 Carrera S and was wondering the same thing. A nicer engine intake sound would be great but I do not want to lose power with an open intake sucking hot air in. I track my car a lot, like every month and it gets hot back there.

I'd love to try out this Fabspeed intake but honestly in todays world I can not just dump money into something that does not work for me. So...I will just keep the stock air box and put some BMC filters in it and wrap the box in some of that gold heat foil to keep it cool.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:35 AM
ZoSo_DXB is on a distinguished road
I have the intake on my car and i also do track the car from time to time. The intake and the filter remain cool the whole time. Also you have to remember that at speed the air is rammed through the rear spoiler ducts.
The intake does give the car more grunt in terms of sound. I did not notice any power, didnt dyno it either. Excellent quality and fitment.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JmanE55
This intake had a nice change in sound with this customers Fabspeed exhaust system. It shifted towards a more aggressive exotic sound. I would imagine it's the same for the Tubi.

Yes, we have this system in stock ready to ship same day!

Old 02-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mdrums
I have a full Tubi system on my 09 Carrera S and was wondering the same thing. A nicer engine intake sound would be great but I do not want to lose power with an open intake sucking hot air in. I track my car a lot, like every month and it gets hot back there.

I'd love to try out this Fabspeed intake but honestly in todays world I can not just dump money into something that does not work for me. So...I will just keep the stock air box and put some BMC filters in it and wrap the box in some of that gold heat foil to keep it cool.
You will definitely not lose power with this intake as the dyno graph tried to show. I realize that is the dyno and not the real world, but if you look at the design, it makes sense. It has the full carbon fiber heat-shielding from the engine, and as ZoSo said, at speed the air is rammed through the rear spoiler ducts.. so its like a pocket of fresh air with high flowing efficient conical air filters.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:54 AM
borderless is on a distinguished road
Sorry for what might sound like a silly question... does the Fabspeed work on a 997.2 C4S or just the C2S?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:00 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by borderless
Sorry for what might sound like a silly question... does the Fabspeed work on a 997.2 C4S or just the C2S?
Yes, it works with the C4S as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed 997 S High Performance Air Intake - Install pics, review!