997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Thinking of blacking out my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 04:03 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I don't like it and i do see a younger Porsche thing with 20 in wheels and black windows . I prefer understated and functional . I don't like tint .. it cuts visibility and makes a new car look used to me. I don't like black wheels --looks like brake dust. I don't like 20 in wheels .. too big and changes the driving dynamic of the car.

Most guys do this for aesthetics .. so I'll give an opinion on that -- this is simply my biased view-- but it's an honest one--

Usually when I see a backed out car I view it like the guy is a) hoping to attract women with it or b) intimidate other guys by making his car look fierce .
Agree with this.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Steve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really niceSteve01tt is just really nice
When I acquired my most recent black car, the first thing my 18 year old son asked me was whether I was going to murder it out. While I do have tinted windows, the whole rest of the black out every inch thing seemed to be unnecessary and detracts from the classic nature of the car. I agree the old Fuchs are a great look but I'd never powder coat a set of lobster forks or turbo twists. But as many have stated it is a matter of personal preference and to each his/her own.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:56 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
IMO, each person has their own taste.. good or bad

and each car have their own unique style.

combine ur taste with ur car's distinct appearance (a 'spirit' if u will) and it will look gorgeous no matter what.

some cars look great blacked out.. others look awful.

some owners try do too much.. and take away from the car's individuality.

keep it classy it keeps the 5-0 away

Old 04-14-2010, 05:23 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
I love black but I hate black. To hard to maintain and keep clean when you dont have time. I had S500 MBZ and Acura MDX in black and I could barely stand the first ding. However, I like the blackout look. Nice Job.

Originally Posted by FLY996
I say do it...including the tail lights, tips and badge (or de-badge)....

Pure Hotness

Old 04-14-2010, 07:37 PM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
If U like it do. Who cares what others think. But if you are thinking about selling the care sometimes in the future, make sure it's reversible.