997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Car pulls to the right under acceleration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Greisty is on a distinguished road
Car pulls to the right under acceleration

Does anybody have any experience with their car "pulling" to the left or right under acceleration. My 997.1 seems to pull to the right under moderate acceleration, and resumes its normal straight course when I come out of the throttle.

Any experience with this phenomenon? Any sense what might cause it? I have an appointment with the dealer service dept. tomorrow but want to go armed with as much information as possible.

Many thanks to anybody who can be helpful.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
could be a difference in tread on rear tires...could be a toe problem or alignment...could be LSD problem

Old 06-28-2010, 03:30 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Could be something as easy as tire pressure...but more likely the wheel alignment.
It will be an easy fix as long as no big pot holes or bumps were hit on the road,otherwise it could be a bent suspension piece...BUT this scenario is highly unlikely!
I like the first idea!

Stacy

PS GT3 Chuck beat me to the answer,LOL!

Old 06-28-2010, 03:31 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Well .1's don;t have LSD so we can rule that out.

I bet it is an alignment problem.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:32 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mdrums
Well .1's don;t have LSD so we can rule that out.

I bet it is an alignment problem.
I was going to say the same thing, couldn't be LSD unless it was aftermarket, but like mdrums says, it's most likely alignment.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:44 PM
machina has a spectacular aura aboutmachina has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like you have zero toe or toe out on the right side.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks, everyone. Reassuring and helpful.

I thought about the tire pressures and checked them; they're all correct. I expect it's rear wheel alignment, possibly including toe in or out.

Hope it's an easy fix, but if not it's still under warranty.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:24 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Check the alignment and have them check the total thrust.. Also while they are at it make sure the zero out and align the steering angle sensor. They will need a PIWIS and Durametric Pro tool to do this.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Thanks, mdrums.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:50 AM
DSmo999 is on a distinguished road
car pulls right during acceleration and left with deceleration

Cause of this was the wheel was out of round (slightly). Any time i hit the gas (light or hard) it would pull hard right. It would basically pull the car off the road if I really hit the gas. If I let off the gas it would go to the left. Push in the clutch (neutral) goes perfectly straight. Acura switched the front wheels and rims with a brand new car and all pulling stopped 100%. The other dealer told me it was normal and just torch steering. I called bull. It was one of the rims. I did not believe this could cause so much of a pull till I drove the car with just the front wheels changed. Alignment was checked but not far enough off to do anything. Drive shafts where just change (brand New OEM parts). It has every thing to do with a tire gripping and a tire that is not gripping as well. passenger front was my issue and acceleration cause hard pull to the right. Acura TL Type S 2008

Last edited by DSmo999; 12-07-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DSmo999
Cause of this was all tires. Any time i hit the gas (light or hard) it would pull hard right. It would basiclly through the car off the road if I really hit the gas. If I let off the gas it would go to the left. Push in the clutch (neutral) goes perfectly straight. Acura switched the front wheels and rims with a brand new car and all pulling stopped 100%. The other dealer told me it was normal and just torch steering. I called bull. TIRES TIRES TIRES I did not believe this could cause so much of a pull till I drove the car with just the front wheels changed. Alignment was checked but not far enough off to do anything. Driveshaft where just change (brand New OEM).
I think you mean steering torque... that s on front wheel drive cars not a 997. Not sure what kind of car you are talking about?

Old 12-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
IMS! heh heh heh