997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dirty rims (inside) after wash, how annoying!

Old 08-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
Dirty rims (inside) after wash, how annoying!

Every time I hand wash my Pcar & drive it, it leaves a nasty rusty color ring from the brake dust and water on the inside of the rims. Any solution? Hand dry the rotors and pads?
NOT! LOL

Old 08-12-2010, 03:44 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Go get a battery or electric leaf blower...or compressed air. I also flush out the rotors real good too while washing. Spray and little wheels cleaner on them or Simple Green let sit for a minute and flush like crazy.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Platinum Sponsor
WHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mdrums
Go get a battery or electric leaf blower...or compressed air. I also flush out the rotors real good too while washing. Spray and little wheels cleaner on them or Simple Green let sit for a minute and flush like crazy.

yup, best thing ever! i use our gas leaf blower LOL

1.866.519.4335 ext 2103
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: Jonathan@wheelsboutique.com

#1 HRE Dealer Worldwide / DPE Wheels / Vertini / Work Wheels / D2 Forged / TechArt / Novitec / Brabus / Carlsson / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Kooks / Corsa / RENNTech / WALD / Milltek / Tubi / Champion Motorsports / AWE / RSS / BBS / Brembo / Hamman / Eisenmann / KW / H&R / Nitto / Pirelli / Michelin / Dunlop / Goodyear / Falken / Continental and tons more....
Old 08-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
Great idea! Thank you guys!!

Old 08-13-2010, 05:25 AM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
When I don't use the gas blower I will reverse the hose outlet on my shop vacuum & it acts like an electric blower. It's not as strong but it works.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Old 08-13-2010, 12:17 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Just go to the hardware store and get a compressed air tank. I am very picky about my tire pressures so between that and blowing water out of the wheels and rotors I use it every weekend. I use a small portable battery leaf blower for the water in the nooks around the car and engine compartment.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mdrums
Just go to the hardware store and get a compressed air tank. I am very picky about my tire pressures so between that and blowing water out of the wheels and rotors I use it every weekend. I use a small portable battery leaf blower for the water in the nooks around the car and engine compartment.
Haha my neibhors think im insane for using a power washer everytime I was my car if I whipped out a leaf blower as well it would cnfirm to them I have officially lost my mind. Good thing I never cared for peoples opinions leaf blower is getting some use this weekend

Old 08-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Sleepy996
Haha my neibhors think im insane for using a power washer everytime I was my car if I whipped out a leaf blower as well it would cnfirm to them I have officially lost my mind. Good thing I never cared for peoples opinions leaf blower is getting some use this weekend
I do not power wash my Porsche or other cars but I do break out the pressure washer for the wheel wells of my Cayenne and I use to pressure wash my Hummer all the time are a romp in the mud.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Sleepy996
That's funny! I use a power washer too all the time. They think Im nutz, I dont care its my cardio every other day or so.
Now, when I get the blower out...... Insane 100% haha!

Old 08-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vladm
Every time I hand wash my Pcar & drive it, it leaves a nasty rusty color ring from the brake dust and water on the inside of the rims. Any solution? Hand dry the rotors and pads?
NOT! LOL
Easy solution. Spray the rotors and behind the caliper until the water becomes clear. There's a lot of rotor and brake dust inside the channels of the rotors and inside the caliper. Using a blower will also help, but flushing it this way will take care of 90%+ of the problem. We do it on every detail.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Keep in mind that whatever is still in the brake system in the way of brake dust and crud when you take your blower to the wheels will be blown on to whatever surface is in the path of the forced air. After cleaning the brakes and inside of the wheels I flush the area as completely as I can, drive the car a short distance to dry the brake discs then bring the car back into the garage and wipe the inside of the wheels with a damp towel. Then let it all dry out. I will still have some crud on the inside of the wheels directly below the brake disc that will need to be removed with a damp towel but while all is damp inside the wheel the crud is easy to remove and whatever residue remains can be easily removed. Let is dry and you need to wash the wheels all over again to get them clean.

Old 08-15-2010, 07:46 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
I'll typically let the water run in the rotor and caliper area for a while, but, before putting the car in the garage to dry off (blower...etc), I'll slowly go forward/backwards in the driveway with light push on the pads. That seems to eliminate about 90%+ (if not more) of the tan residue that is left behind when water has its chance to dry on the rotors. (even with the DIC20 system)

Old 08-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Thank you all for your responses!

Old 08-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dadio
Keep in mind that whatever is still in the brake system in the way of brake dust and crud when you take your blower to the wheels will be blown on to whatever surface is in the path of the forced air. After cleaning the brakes and inside of the wheels I flush the area as completely as I can, drive the car a short distance to dry the brake discs then bring the car back into the garage and wipe the inside of the wheels with a damp towel. Then let it all dry out. I will still have some crud on the inside of the wheels directly below the brake disc that will need to be removed with a damp towel but while all is damp inside the wheel the crud is easy to remove and whatever residue remains can be easily removed. Let is dry and you need to wash the wheels all over again to get them clean.
Sound like it would be easier to take off each wheels and just wipe it down instead of going through all that....

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dirty rims (inside) after wash, how annoying!