997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Snow Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 09:39 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Snow Tires

I have searched but people don’t seem to give the right info unless asked for direct answers.

I am looking to get a set of good winter tires for my 2005 C2S. The information I am looking for is the following:

Car year and model
Brand and type of winter tire
Size of tire
Overall rating from you of the tire
Where did you purchase them from

You may not have a 2005 C2S with stock rims but please post all the information anyways. This will be a great thread for anyone to look into for help on snow tires for their car.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:36 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gloves
I have searched but people don’t seem to give the right info unless asked for direct answers.

I am looking to get a set of good winter tires for my 2005 C2S. The information I am looking for is the following:

Car year and model
Brand and type of winter tire
Size of tire
Overall rating from you of the tire
Where did you purchase them from

You may not have a 2005 C2S with stock rims but please post all the information anyways. This will be a great thread for anyone to look into for help on snow tires for their car.

These might work 4 ya! LOL

Old 09-21-2010, 02:38 PM
mike87 is infamous around these parts
not a lot of options for winter tires in the 911 sizes

try here:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...=58099&tab=All

good luck

Old 09-21-2010, 03:01 PM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Yes the only two that Tire Rack has listed are

Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D
and
Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero Serie II

But I am more looking for people to tell me what they have, where they got it from, and how they like it.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:16 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
It's that time again right around the corner.

You asked guys to chime in with their preferences, so I will let them.

Please call me if I can help!

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 09-21-2010, 03:21 PM
jca3 is on a distinguished road
Damon hooked me up with a set of Michelin Sport Alpins on their "sport cup" wheels. Looks nice, drives nice, good price. This is on a 2005 C2S.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:31 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !

and

But I am more looking for people to tell me what they have, where they got it from, and how they like it.

Got mine from Damon @ tirerack....The spikes dig in like a ******! Staill can 4 wheel drift though!!!!!! ROFL

Old 09-21-2010, 07:24 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Dunlop Winter Sport 3D.

Front 235/35 R 19
Rear 295/ 30 R 19

On my factory wheels, 09 997 S.

These tires are fantastic in the snow. My only hindrance last year was ground clearance. Tires + Trac Control are great!

Getting ready to put mine on after my DE this weekend

Damon at Tire Rack

Old 09-22-2010, 05:47 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
I keep my stock rims with Michelin PA2 18" 235/265 tires for now but I do not like them much.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:50 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute

and

I do not think you`ll need pure snow tires unless you`re moving to Canada. Try Conti DWS instead perhaps. I think good modern all-season tires will be better for DD car than dedicated snow tires.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:45 AM
mander is on a distinguished road
09 C4S

Nokian WR

235 and 295

Stock wheels

Dealer

Fantastic. Only limitation is ground clearance. Not as good in snow as my 01 S4 was with Blizzaks but way better in dry cold.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
I do not think you`ll need pure snow tires unless you`re moving to Canada. Try Conti DWS instead perhaps. I think good modern all-season tires will be better for DD car than dedicated snow tires.
I refuse to go with Conti or any all-season that has a winter rating. I did a winter driving course at Team O'neal rally school a year or so back. It was a Subaru event but was open to anyone who knew about it. Someone showed up in an Audi A4 with the Conti tires (only non winter tire to be allowed) and every one of the instructors said they were terrible. Later he stuffed into a nice snowbank and f-ed his front end (all cosmetic but it was bad). Again, everyone agreed it was due to the tires not being up to the task of performance driving in the snow.

Back to the topic. I did not see the Alpines listed on Tire Rack as a stock winter tire option. I will have to contact them depending on what others post in about their thoughts. The Pirelli get good reviews as well. Just need some more input from here.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:07 AM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
Get the sottozeros, I've had many sets and have a set fro my C4 but I suggest going to the "other availalble size"

Original Equipment Wheel Diameter: 18"
18" Recommended Front:235/40-18
18" Recommended Rear: 265/40-18

Old 09-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by wpgfordguy
Get the sottozeros, I've had many sets and have a set fro my C4 but I suggest going to the "other availalble size"

Original Equipment Wheel Diameter: 18"
18" Recommended Front:235/40-18
18" Recommended Rear: 265/40-18
Thanks for the Pirelli vote. I will use the stock rims so they are 19s. I dont have the money to buy a second set of rims and tires right now so 19s it will be.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:21 AM
RH512 is on a distinguished road
I have Carrera IV 18inch with Nokian WR N rated on my C4S. Purchased from my dealer in Sept 09. At the time - was able to get a very good price from them, must have been some promotion.
http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=1...name=Nokian+WR
19 inch listed here, http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-7779-nokian-wr.aspx
Like the Nokians a lot.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Snow Tires