997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Windscreen marked up seat back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 05:07 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Windscreen marked up seat back

it's not bad, but I guess my seat was far enough back that it rubbed the back of the seats. Does anyone know if there is a fix or cover up to make it more invisible aside from the ridiculous notion of replacing the seat back?

Old 01-05-2011, 06:53 PM
MichaelL will become famous soon enoughMichaelL will become famous soon enough
The fix is not to use the windscreen. If the seat is placed all the way back and tilted, it can strike the windscreen. The windscreen is useless for tall drivers for this reason. PCNA has been aware of this issue for years. Either don't use them or put some padding on the interference points.

Your data doesn't indicate what color your interior is, but if it is black, the volcano gray plastic of the adaptive sport seats isn't a great match. Why not have the seat backs painted to match the car's exterior color?

Old 01-06-2011, 05:15 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MichaelL
The fix is not to use the windscreen. If the seat is placed all the way back and tilted, it can strike the windscreen. The windscreen is useless for tall drivers for this reason. PCNA has been aware of this issue for years. Either don't use them or put some padding on the interference points.

Your data doesn't indicate what color your interior is, but if it is black, the volcano gray plastic of the adaptive sport seats isn't a great match. Why not have the seat backs painted to match the car's exterior color?
Well the mark is already there, so telling me not to use it won't fix it. I'm just 5'11" so not tall either. However, I do have the gray plastic seat *** seats with my black interior, so painting may be an option. Thanks.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:37 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
Well the mark is already there, so telling me not to use it won't fix it. I'm just 5'11" so not tall either. However, I do have the gray plastic seat *** seats with my black interior, so painting may be an option. Thanks.
That is what I would do (paint them). Check with Bumperplugs.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:17 PM
MichaelL will become famous soon enoughMichaelL will become famous soon enough
Bumperplugs is a great outfit, but dismounting & disassembling the seats to ship them out may be somewhat impractical. Any competent, high end body shop should be able to remove the seats from the car and paint them without taking them apart. Another option (& the one I would choose now for my car) is to have them covered in matching leather. Again, a competent interior shop should be able to handle this. As aftermarket, however, painting will probably be less expensive and faster to accomplish.

It would be great if Porsche could provide a properly designed windscreen. It actually works well, but is overly complicated, ill fitting and takes up half the trunk when stowed. All around bad engineering. With all the half-assed warnings they print in the instruction manual, this interference problem they caused is not mentioned.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:28 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
try polishing the mark out the paint. next time, put a clear bra on the seat back because you'll eventually scratch / scuff it one way or another.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:08 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
The seats come it parts - at least the seats in my car do and each part can be ordered as far as I know. Look for an online PET - the part is possibly backrest shell - 997 521 303 13 (left) / 997 521 304 13 (right) - see if this looks right: http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-p...pn=99752132000

$275 to replace might be the easiest thing to do if it is actually available.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Thank you all for the ideas. I may try to polish it first since it's not really bad at all. However, if it continues to bother me, I may in fact buy a new seat back. I like some of the other ideas, but I think my first choice would be to keep the current look/original.