997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Remove Rear Wiper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:24 AM
wagonrx is on a distinguished road
Remove Rear Wiper

I removed the rear wiper from my last car (996) and would like to remove the one on my new 997. I checked with the dealer and I was told I need to replace the rear window.

Has anyone come up with a plug / fix for this? I've heard that a company in the UK has made a delete kit but can't seem to locate them.

Any help would appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:34 AM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
You are deleting what is possibly the coolest option on the 997 IMO.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Brian GTS is on a distinguished road
I went through the same process on my former 997.1. I came across a plug kit as well but never could get a response from the vendor...must have quit making the kit or gone out of business. I ended up replacing the rear glass. It turned out great. You can still see that little "bump" through the glass where the wiper shaft passed through the interior, but barely anything at all.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:17 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sizquik

+1 - I'd like to add one to my car. Maybe I should just look for someone who wants to swap cars....

Old 02-03-2011, 12:43 PM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Why would you want to remove it? I assume this is based on looks alone...

Old 02-03-2011, 03:33 PM
wagonrx is on a distinguished road
I just don't like the look and will never use it.

Thanks for replies. I'll order a new rear window now.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:56 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Wow- I turned down some HEFTY discounts on 2010 CS4's because they didn't have the rear wiper. I find it to be the classiest option on the car. Especially the widebody models, but really all. It breaks up the rear slope and gives it that vintage-classic euro look.

So I'd say that I paid about $6500 to get a rear wiper because I had to order new to get it.

To each their own.

Attached Images   

Last edited by EricP; 02-03-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:57 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sizquik
I don't like the rear wiper at all.
It looked ridiculous with a Techart aerokit on my Turbo.

To the Op--I deleted it and did NOT replace the rear window. The dealership used a plug .

Last edited by yrralis1; 02-03-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:03 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I don't like the rear wiper at all.
It looked ridiculous with a Techart aerokit on my Turbo.

To the Op--I deleted it and did NOT replace the rear window. The dealership used a plug .
... sez the guy with a techart aero kit. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:01 AM
unclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really nice
I use my rear wiper on my C4S occasionally during the rainy Norcal winters, but to great effect. EX: pouring rain at night or in the morning when I am leaving and the window in covered in condensation.

Looks purposeful and utilitarian IMHO.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:09 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Those who have the rear wiper - watch out for the accidental V-scratch.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:44 PM
wseikow is on a distinguished road
I'd like to add a rear wiper on mine! if anyone wants to swap rear glass [ if it's possible] let me know.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:49 PM
JohnD.211 is on a distinguished road
Grass always greener

One of two options that I wish that I had on my car. If it was somewhat reasonable, I'd retrofit a rear wiper.

Last edited by JohnD.211; 08-25-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:20 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
For a rear wiper delete plug, check this thread for a few options including Home Depot and Bumperplugs

Old 10-05-2016, 08:23 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
I just ordered one of these plugs in glossy black (to blend with tinted glass). Seller responded to multiple emails over several days within seconds after I inquired.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-997-.../221493255262?

NOTE: I know this thread is ancient, but there still may be some wanting this option

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Remove Rear Wiper