997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dents in the front bumper/nose cone!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:17 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Dents in the front bumper/nose cone!?

I just noticed that I have an abrasion at the very tip of the nose of my car (the point that hits first if you say pull too far into a parking spot and hit the snow bank...)

Well the abrasion is fixable, the 4 inch scratch below it is fixable as well. BUT there are two dimples in the plastic just below the scratch (on the bumper just over the center air scoop).

I'd have no reservations having the nose resprayed, but can they fix indentations in plastic...? I don't want to get a new bumper???

Thanks,
DRP

Old 03-07-2011, 10:18 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
I am guessing that you run with NO front plate....because those dimples are where they drill the bumper to mount it!

They can be filled and sprayed WITHOUT issues!

Stacy

Old 03-08-2011, 12:08 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
a good body shop will easily be able to heat up the bumper and push it out. no worries

Old 03-08-2011, 02:16 AM
axhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud of
Those two dimples are from the factory to mark where the front license plate screws should be drilled.

I would say just leave the two dimples there, and don't worry about it.

Regards,

Old 03-08-2011, 04:23 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by axhoaxho
Those two dimples are from the factory to mark where the front license plate screws should be drilled.

I would say just leave the two dimples there, and don't worry about it.

Regards,
That's a relief. Thanks.

DRP

Old 03-08-2011, 12:43 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
so because the bumper comes that way from the factory you will leave them but if it was from someone bumping into your car you would pay to have them removed

Old 03-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by buzzm
so because the bumper comes that way from the factory you will leave them but if it was from someone bumping into your car you would pay to have them removed
Sure, because if thats how they all come, there would be no replacement without them. My concern in writing this post was that I may have to get a new bumper if I had dents in the plastic that wouldn't come out.

The scratch and abrasion could/will probably be wet sanded successfully.

I was happy to hear that there are factory indents there, but mine are not centered...? I've had my car since October of 09'. Its never been through a wash. I wash it myself a minimum of twice a week. I'm pretty sure these are new...

I'll check out a new car at the dealer and likely end up taking it to my body shop to see what they suggest.

Thanks for the replies.

DRP

Old 03-08-2011, 03:45 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by drspeed
I just noticed that I have an abrasion at the very tip of the nose of my car (the point that hits first if you say pull too far into a parking spot and hit the snow bank...)

Well the abrasion is fixable, the 4 inch scratch below it is fixable as well. BUT there are two dimples in the plastic just below the scratch (on the bumper just over the center air scoop).

I'd have no reservations having the nose resprayed, but can they fix indentations in plastic...? I don't want to get a new bumper???

Thanks,
DRP

You should post a photo, otherwise hard to know what the dents are.

FWIW, my ".2" has no dimples - the only thing to key the license plate is a centered tab up under the bumper above the vent.

I think if what you are seeing are for the plate, they would be even distances from center.