997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Thoughts regarding a 05 911 C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 07:11 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
was gonna say go for about $52k but you already did it! nice work.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:56 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PSTT07
Not sure if your sale is final but...

Did you see the car for sale on here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-in3-days.html

$54,999
I dont see any reason to go for this car over the one the OP has targeted.

Its one year newer but really offers nothing else. Plus he can't CPO it.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:56 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by getz
I looked at that car which is very nice, but with shipping and travel to view the car (not to mention the cost of my time to travel), the car would be about 5 grand more than the car here, and that would be for a car without a CPO warranty. It is nicely optioned, although I could do without the aero package. The car I am looking at stickered at $99,900 so it has some decent options as well. Is the extra MY worth the extra 5 grand?
No...not if you cant CPO it.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:03 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
The one your looking at and or getting looks great in the pics. Just wanted to make sure you knew about this one too.

As others have stated, I wouldn't get any vehicle without a warranty. Model year '05 or '06 wouldn't matter to me. At this point it's more about getting exactly what you want...color, options, condition, etc. It states full leather in the add...this is a must have for me as it really add to the interior IMO.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:31 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Congratulations, you just bought one of 337 launch editions of the 997 - these cars all have the exact same options - black on black, PCCB, sport chrono, adaptive sport seats (power and heated both sides), Bose, navigation, etc. I know because I bought one exactly two years ago.

I'd say your price is very fair - I paid just over $50k for mine with 25k miles from a private seller (single-owner) with no CPO. Keeping in mind this was two years ago, I'd say our deals were similar. I have 39k miles now and have not had any issues outside scheduled maintenance. I did go ahead and replace the coil packs last year with the spark plugs as they were starting to crack but that's it. I understand the advantages of CPO (my Audi was CPO), but after 2 years it turns out I would have never had a claim with the Porsche, so it didn't matter in my case.

As for the PCCBs, you are actually saving money assuming you don't track the car - these brake pads/rotors last forever! I still have about 80% left on my pads! Less unsprung weight and no brake dust! Love them.

Enjoy the car and welcome to the club - the launch editions are great cars!

Last edited by JTaylorGT; 03-30-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:13 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Yep --that's a launch car (as stated above ) ^^^^^^^^^

I had one and bought mine three days after the launch in august 2004 .
I had no problems with the car at all although it did have one minor recall (I can';t remember but I think it was exhaust related and very minor).
I kept mine 1 year and loved the options . Unfortunately the theives liked stealing my lights and it was so problematic at that time in this region that i sold the car and took a break from owning a Porsche .

Old 03-30-2011, 11:45 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Thanks for the comments all. Hopefully the CPO process will be finished tomorrow and I can go an pick her up. I was worried I wouldn't find the power adequate after coming out of the 997 Turbo, but driving a Toyota 4runner for the past 7 months has cured any worries on that front. One thing I notice as compared to the Turbo is that the car seems to "feel" substantially lighter and turns in much easier, one benefit of driving only the rear wheels and avoiding that front differential. As long as my IMS doesn't grenade it should be a pleasurable experience for many years. I will post some garage pics up when I get her home.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:57 AM
metzos is on a distinguished road
Congrats!!!! Very nice vehicle.....! I have a launch edition as well and i'm very happy with it without any problems.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:45 AM
Sharkys will become famous soon enough
Congratulations. I have an 05 launch car with 44K miles. You'll love the look, feel and performance of the yellow PCCBs. For the street they are great. And I agree with a few of the comments here about tracking with the PCCBs. Keep in mind that if something does happen to the rotors, you can always go to steel. I bought my car from a private party in the mid 40Ks 8 months ago. But, I do believe prices have held steady or have corrected upwards after an over reaction to gas and the economy. So far, the car has been great - no issues. I made sure however, that all TSB and recalls were addressed prior to the purchase. I would ask the dealer to verify the cable to the alternator - there is a known issue with this. There were also some vent and drivers grommet issues that the dealer should take care of under warranty. Also, there were some exhaust tip issues and AC vent flap issues - all should be taken care of under warranty/CPO process. Other than that you should be good. I could have bought an extended warranty, but for me, it wasn't worth it. If the IMS/engine goes, so it goes. But I believe the IMS isses are greatly blown out of proportion. As always with used cars, they are used and expect the worse regardless if it passes PPI. Most will post about the failed IMS/Engine as opposed to there car is working as expected. Update this thread with PICS once you pick her up.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:57 AM
mkaraoglan has a spectacular aura aboutmkaraoglan has a spectacular aura aboutmkaraoglan has a spectacular aura about
issues to have them look at

Exhaust tip recall
Malfunctioning horn ( one of two not working)
Alternator to battery cable
Ac vent clips
Ac vent buttons for vent and temp peeling
Peeling paint finish on ignition key surround and center console

Mist of these would have been taken care of by po. Cosmetic stuff will not be covered past original warranty so it's best to have dealer ideal with them before pickup

Enjoy. Besides the cosmetic deficiencies of first year build it is an amazing car. I have 75,000 miles on mine with no mechanical issues.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:44 AM
bergx7 will become famous soon enoughbergx7 will become famous soon enough
If you are worried about IMS, just negotiate in a lower labor rate on the retrofit kit from LN Engineering. I just purchased an almost identical 2005 with 13k miles (all the same options except no PCCB) and I negotiated a $600 labor and $500 parts rate on the LN kit. for $1100 OTD it was worth it to me for the peace of mind. As an added bonus, I had him check out the clutch while he was in there and confirm everything was in good shape with the RMS (known issue).