997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Colors...again!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 12:11 AM
EnriqueCK is on a distinguished road
Colors...again!

Just wanted to see what folks thought of Porsche Racing Greeen? Haven't seen in person and was thinking it could be pretty interesting - kind of like Cobalt Blue. Any thoughts?

Old 04-20-2011, 01:20 AM
crackberry005 will become famous soon enough
lemme preface this post with some pertinent information. green is my favorite color. i have had green cars. i have a green rollie, and enjoy all things green (even pistachio and mint chocolate chip ice cream).

i saw pgr in passing, and it was an amazing color. very classy. it is a much more interesting color than monochrome silver. after seeing silverstone II on the m3, all monochrome silvers look boring to me, so its nothing personal against any p silvers . and the beige intereior is beautiful (except for that beige steering wheel. not my favorite)

i know people dont like green cars, but i think racing green is a keeper.

unfortunately, it is now a special color that comes with at 3k+ premium. something that was only 700 a few years ago is now 3k+. i really hope that they make pgr a standard metallic color on the 991 because its my favorite color so far. i havent seen gt silver or midnight blue, but all the other shades of white, black, and gray just dont do it for me.

ps. thanks for starting this thread. finding any info on racing green is tough

Old 04-20-2011, 01:57 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
I personally don't like it
it looks great when it is clean, but a bit of dirt on it, and then the car just looks old

I cringe when I see a 993 in that color.. I find it makes a car look older then it actually is.

this green I prefer:

Old 04-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Neo
Neo is on a distinguished road
Looks pretty good to me

Old 04-20-2011, 01:55 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by EnriqueCK
Just wanted to see what folks thought of Porsche Racing Greeen? Haven't seen in person and was thinking it could be pretty interesting - kind of like Cobalt Blue. Any thoughts?
Love the PRG color.... In fact I think it should add about 10K to the value of the car on the used car market... Yep, that's what I think...
Did I mention that my car is PRG?

Actually it was was one of the launch cars for 09 the C2s.. The interior was a little beige overkill but I put black mats in it to tone it down a little..
I've gotten a lot of compliments regarding the color . Several of the compliments alluded to the fact that "at least it's not grey!" It wasn't my first choice (black non metallic being the number one color for me) but it was close to the top color for me.

Not sure I'd give them a super premium of 3K for the color but $700. was in the ballpark and I really didn't have a choice it being a launch car and all.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:12 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by EnriqueCK
If I were to go green and I don't see that happening it would either be Irish Green

or Oak Green (no pic) but beautiful color.....PRG not so much IMO!

Tom

Old 04-20-2011, 04:11 PM
gellie can only hope to improve
Wink

Originally Posted by Neo
Looks pretty good to me

Pretty sure that's Malachite Green. And yes pretty darn good indeed.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:51 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gellie
Pretty sure that's Malachite Green. And yes pretty darn good indeed.
I'm guessing that it's not PRG .... PRG is much darker...

Old 04-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Silverbullet911 is on a distinguished road
The green cars just don't look ripe to me.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 AM
cesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura about
This is PRG:

IMO, it is a beautiful color. However, it does, for some reason, make me think of British sports cars more than German.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:34 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
I almost bought a PRG launch car but decided to go with a manual instead of PDK.

It looks much better in person. It is kind of a subdued color that looks very classy IMHO.

But then, someone might question my likes/dislikes in color...

T.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:29 PM
EnriqueCK is on a distinguished road
Great posts, thanks. Irish Green looks pretty nice too. Now i'm looking forward to seeing one in person!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.