997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

2011 Porsche World Roadshow in Jordan (Middle East)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 04:44 AM
GT640-4S is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 2011 Porsche World Roadshow in Jordan (Middle East)

Hello guys,

Hope you're all doing well. Recently I was invited to the Porsche World roadshow here in Jordan. they brought 15 cars to Amman for us to drive

from boxster spyder, to cayman S, to Carreras (S, 4S, GT3, Targa S, etc.) Panameras (S, 4S, Turbo) and Cayenne (hybrid, S, Turbo)

Was so much fun driving on curvy roads.

here's the article with full pictures:

http://www.ammaniv12.com/2011/06/por...ow-jordan.html

Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 AM
cbzzoom is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, amazing event! Porsche treats you well in Amman!

Old 06-05-2011, 10:16 AM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Wow, that road looks like a blast to drive through in a P-car! Great pictures, thanks!

Old 06-05-2011, 10:41 AM
GregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to allGregM3 is a name known to all
Every Porsche, lunch and a massage? PCA can learn a few things...

Old 06-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by GregM3
Every Porsche, lunch and a massage? PCA can learn a few things...
hehe you guys should show them the pics and let them know!

Old 06-06-2011, 09:55 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
wow looks like real fun event and those roads are amazing, thanks for posting.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Looks like fun, wished we had something similar here. Thanks for sharing your experience

Old 06-06-2011, 01:48 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. Our Porsche events are at the dealership and we get the Panny 4S, Cayenne S and C4S on city streets. Thanks for posting pics, looks like a blast.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
Nice
Porsche Club Beirut could stand to do more events :@

Old 06-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Well to have such a thing at your location, I think your dealer needs to contact porsche and apply to have a worldshow at your location. and then they'd actually ship all those cars and let you guys drive them as owners

Old 06-13-2011, 07:40 AM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
I just attended a similar event yesterday at Monticello Motor Club in New York. They basically had an autocross course set up on the south track, and some lead/follow laps on the north course. Very nice and well organized event - great time. And my first visit to Monticello. Hmmmm, it has got me thinking...

Old 06-13-2011, 08:23 AM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
I attended the Monticello event as well. Started the day with a couple "real world" test-drives, meaning you drive out in the wooded public roads outside the track with up to 3 vehicles of your choice. I took out a base Panamera and a 911 black edition (both PDK).

The North Course laps were definitely the best part -- we each had a chance to do a lap with a different 2011 911. The Autocross featured the mid-engine Boxster Spyder, Cayman R (!) and Boxster S. It was a very short circuit though.

Overall, it was a good day of fun considering it was free. Cool to get behind the wheel of some new models, but the actual seat time was pretty limited, and for guys with track experience, it was frustrating to drive on such a beautiful track at half speed and behind guys with no track experience (and no instructor in the passenger seat). I'd only go back next year if there were 991's to drive.

Bwiele -- It got me thinking as well... I need to make friends with a member! Unless you go in with me on the $125k initiation

Old 07-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by KonaKai
I attended the Monticello event as well. Started the day with a couple "real world" test-drives, meaning you drive out in the wooded public roads outside the track with up to 3 vehicles of your choice. I took out a base Panamera and a 911 black edition (both PDK).

The North Course laps were definitely the best part -- we each had a chance to do a lap with a different 2011 911. The Autocross featured the mid-engine Boxster Spyder, Cayman R (!) and Boxster S. It was a very short circuit though.

Overall, it was a good day of fun considering it was free. Cool to get behind the wheel of some new models, but the actual seat time was pretty limited, and for guys with track experience, it was frustrating to drive on such a beautiful track at half speed and behind guys with no track experience (and no instructor in the passenger seat). I'd only go back next year if there were 991's to drive.

Bwiele -- It got me thinking as well... I need to make friends with a member! Unless you go in with me on the $125k initiation
Oh that's so cool man, We didn't have any 911 turbos, or the Cayman R
also the racing part was only a minimum 27 seconds race

Old 07-05-2011, 06:40 PM
khyber will become famous soon enough
That road looks amazing, though it looks a little steep at points. Looks like a really good time!

Old 01-31-2012, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by khyber
That road looks amazing, though it looks a little steep at points. Looks like a really good time!
Yeahh we had some steep roads at some points, we were forced to downshift instead of braking not to wear out the breaks :\