997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How to keep PSE On for 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 02:43 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
How to keep PSE On for 997.2

I've seen some DYIs for the 997.1 on how to disconnect the valve in order to keep PSE 'On' all of the time, but can't seem to figure out how to do it on my 997.2 Anyone here know how to do that, and whether it's something I can do on my own?

Old 09-02-2011, 03:24 PM
LakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really nice
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
I've seen some DYIs for the 997.1 on how to disconnect the valve in order to keep PSE 'On' all of the time, but can't seem to figure out how to do it on my 997.2 Anyone here know how to do that, and whether it's something I can do on my own?
You could get the Carnewal product so you can switch it with a remote (basically unplugged to plugged): http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p97084.htm. I had that on my 997.1 and loved it because I was still able to switch to quiet mode without connecting the cable again.

Anyway, the 997.1 and 997.2 disconnect is almost exactly the same. The cable looks a little different. Here are some 997.2 pics I found:

Attached Images   
Old 09-02-2011, 03:37 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
THANKS!!! That was it. I saw it before, but it looked just different enough for me to not mess with it (and potentially screw something else up).

The best part about this is it's one less button to press every time I start up the car (as I ALWAYS have it on). And to the neighbors that don't like it when I leave at 5:30 AM on saturday mornings for golf: mow your lawn and I might make less noise...

Last edited by dallascajun; 09-02-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:39 PM
LakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really nice
THANKS!!! That was it. I saw it before, but it looked just different enough for me to not mess with it (and potentially screw something else up).
No problem... I'm hoping you can do the same on the 991... I'm sure you can since it's the same engine. But can you access it? Ha.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:52 PM
But now I've got a follow-up Q: What's the best way to secure and cover the ports?? I can use a tie-strap to secure the cable, but probably also need to cover each end to make sure they don't get covered in dirt and crud. But I don't want to put something in there that might catch fire given the heat generated. Any thoughts?

Old 09-02-2011, 04:17 PM
But now I've got a follow-up Q: What's the best way to secure and cover the ports?? I can use a tie-strap to secure the cable, but probably also need to cover each end to make sure they don't get covered in dirt and crud. But I don't want to put something in there that might catch fire given the heat generated. Any thoughts?
I never covered mine... But I only had it unplugged without the Carnewal product for a few weeks. Some decent ideas here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ble-stuck.html

Sounds like some kind of tape (not electrical) or a one sided plug...

Old 04-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
Originally Posted by dallascajun
And to the neighbors that don't like it when I leave at 5:30 AM on saturday mornings for golf: mow your lawn and I might make less noise...

ROFLMAO!!!! Best comment! Spoken like a true Porsche'file.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 PM
backna911 is on a distinguished road
Can't find the connector on my 997.1. Could it be black? And connected to the back of air box??

Old 04-30-2012, 10:13 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
I had the damnedest time trying to find this connector only to discover that the original owner of my 997.2 who had PSE installed as a dealer option chose to not even wire it up to the Sport Chrono button. The cable in Lakeshow's photo goes to an actuator located above the exhaust on the passenger side. My car had no wiring. Just PSE on all the time. I actually don't mind a bit. It sounds great.