997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Refinished climate control buttons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 09:30 AM
flatsixrocks is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vital5er

Originally Posted by Cattman
I just applied a pair. Lousy stickers, don't fit right: they're pinched in the center where the "fan" or "temp" logo are. And it's glossy where the natural application is matte. Pretty pricey piece of crap, I'll be asking for a refund. Worthless piece of sheiss if you ask me.
CATTMAN

Do they sell several models or what? Vital5er´s looks just as good as mine, and they fit just right. I guess is all about how good you are with your hands. Did you follow the tutorial method? First time I installed it I wasn't 100% satisfy but then I watched the tutorial and tried again (they sent me 2 kits of sticker so I had a second chance) and I realized I was holding the sticker in the wrong way with my fingers.

Cheers!

Old 12-18-2013, 12:48 PM
flatsixrocks is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by flatsixrocks

Do they sell several models or what? Vital5er´s looks just as good as mine, and they fit just right. I guess is all about how good you are with your hands. Did you follow the tutorial method? First time I installed it I wasn't 100% satisfy but then I watched the tutorial and tried again (they sent me 2 kits of sticker so I had a second chance) and I realized I was holding the sticker in the wrong way with my fingers.

Cheers!
No answer?

Old 01-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Jgpapillon is on a distinguished road
Great tip! I will order. Will they be able to bill my US Visa card?
Thanks

Old 01-04-2014, 08:25 PM
ArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura about
I think the change to the non sticky coating was made in 2008 model year. I saw a 2007 MY that had the peeling buttons during my car search.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I watched the video and did my best to get these on properly, following their instructions. As you can see, they look lousy. Even if I had installed these cheap stickers properly, they are glossy and should be black, and don't fit- they are too narrow and too short. Waste of money, and when I complained to this company, based in SPAIN, they told me to pound sand. I installed a supercharger in my 997 without any problems, so, frankly, stickers should be no problem. Move on from these guys.
CATTMAN

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2.JPG
Views:	525
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	317479   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-3 copy.JPG
Views:	537
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	317480  
Old 01-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flatsixrocks

Cheers!
Those look like crap, too: what is that white area to right of your fan ****? I can also clearly see where the sticker is too narrow, as I can see the matte area on each side of the glossy sticker. See, it doesn't fit- for whatever reason the stickers are pinched/ tapered there, so they don't cover the area that's worn off completely. That's not what I call quality, it makes no sense.

Based on my experience, I say this: it's $100k car, get it fixed properly or leave it alone. This cheap fix makes the interior look worse than if it were simply worn.
CATTMAN

Last edited by Cattman; 01-04-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
I have an extra set I had re done by sticky no more

Old 01-10-2014, 12:54 AM
quozl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Darthvader
I have an extra set I had re done by sticky no more
Hi mate,

First post here, I found this link from a Pelican thread where I've been a member for ages.

I'm wondering if you'd be interested in selling your spare set of buttons?

It would allow me to keep the wife's 997 on the road as she uses it as her daily until the buttons arrive, rather than having to pull the AC and send it to Maryland and take her off the road until it returns.

Happy to pay for button replacement, cost of refinishing and all shipping costs to here, Brisbane Australia. Can pay you by Paypal or direct deposit, your choice.

Let me know if you're interested.

Kind Regards

Al Walker

Old 01-10-2014, 06:20 AM
slammp is on a distinguished road
I taped off my buttons with painters tape. Sanded them with a little strip of sand paper and hand painted them with flat black spray paint (spray the paint into the cap of the can and use that as a cup with a little brush). They look brand new except I don't have the symbols anymore. For me 15 minutes of patience and $5 worth of material was worth not having the little fan icon - no one but me knows anyway - everyone who sits in my car thinks they came that way. Are the little white marking that important?

Old 01-10-2014, 06:45 AM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
I would have no clue how to ship something to Aus.

I have 125.00 in the purchase of the control box where the donor buttons were harvested from and 90.00 in refinishing cost FYI

Originally Posted by quozl
Hi mate,

First post here, I found this link from a Pelican thread where I've been a member for ages.

I'm wondering if you'd be interested in selling your spare set of buttons?

It would allow me to keep the wife's 997 on the road as she uses it as her daily until the buttons arrive, rather than having to pull the AC and send it to Maryland and take her off the road until it returns.

Happy to pay for button replacement, cost of refinishing and all shipping costs to here, Brisbane Australia. Can pay you by Paypal or direct deposit, your choice.

Let me know if you're interested.

Kind Regards

Al Walker

Last edited by Darthvader; 09-29-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the replay mate,

I would imagine just use USPS parcel post as that's how previous items I have received from the states have been sent but I've spoken to Robbie at sticknomore and will probably just send mine to him as it will be significantly cheaper.

Thanks for your help regardless, it is very much appreciated.

Cheers Al

Old 01-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Thanks slammp, have you got any pics of the finished job?

Cheers Al

Originally Posted by slammp
I taped off my buttons with painters tape. Sanded them with a little strip of sand paper and hand painted them with flat black spray paint (spray the paint into the cap of the can and use that as a cup with a little brush). They look brand new except I don't have the symbols anymore. For me 15 minutes of patience and $5 worth of material was worth not having the little fan icon - no one but me knows anyway - everyone who sits in my car thinks they came that way. Are the little white marking that important?

Old 01-10-2014, 08:47 AM
I agree. I took the expensive route which netted and extra set. The goal was to have zero down time. Its hot in Florida during the summer to hot to be w/o a/c.

Good luck mate.

Originally Posted by quozl
Thanks for the replay mate,

I would imagine just use USPS parcel post as that's how previous items I have received from the states have been sent but I've spoken to Robbie at sticknomore and will probably just send mine to him as it will be significantly cheaper.

Thanks for your help regardless, it is very much appreciated.

Cheers Al

Old 01-12-2014, 07:53 AM
bobcooper is on a distinguished road
So how much does sticky charge for doing these two buttons -- fan and temp?

Old 01-12-2014, 08:27 AM
I believe 80.00 plus shipping to them.They covered return.....built into the price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Refinished climate control buttons