997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

RSS LCA experiences?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 06:07 PM
mxt_77 will become famous soon enough
RSS LCA experiences?

I originally posted this in the Track forum, but then I noticed that most of the threads in there have 0 replies, so I figured I'd cross-post here and see if I could get more traffic.

For those with RSS Lower Control Arms up front, I'm interested in hearing your experiences. How are they holding up? Any reliability issues or failures? Do they provide the adjustability you wanted/needed?

Is there any reason not to go with these LCAs, or a reason that some other option is superior?

997 experiences are preferred, but all input is appreciated.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:12 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I used the 996 gt3 lca on my 997 and was very happy. OEM all the way baby!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:12 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I have the whole Stage 2 Tarmac setup on my car, so much more than just the LCA's. I just got them a few weeks ago, but feel a huge difference with the whole setup. I would go with RSS because I have been to their facility where they install and in the next building where they gave me a tour of where they fabricate all their parts. They are also a supplier to many tuning shops around the country. I was very impressed with them and would stand behind their products.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:05 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
I have been running the RSS LCA's in the front for two seasons now - about 18-20 days at the track per season. I have no issues to report. They are very stiff and well made.

They were the first piece I bought from RSS and so far, I have also bought the toe steer kit and dog bones for the rear when I changed the suspension height. I can feel a definitive improvement with all these bits. Just so you know, I will probably buy another set of RSS LCA's for the rear for this season. So, in short, I would buy them again.

The OEM LCA's are also a good choice but, unless you get the motorsport version, they are a little more compliant since they have the neoprene bushings. The RSS are monoball all the way so if you are looking for a street/track compromise, you should know that they will not absorb anything and could also give you a little bit of noise.

If a track setup is where you are headed, the RSS are actually a decent deal since you get the shims and the monoballs included. This is a lot less than buying the GT3 LCA's and modifying to remove the rubber bushings on them or getting the motorsport LCA's.

Hope this helps,

T.

Last edited by tcouture; 01-31-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:10 PM
^ Thanks. That's the kind of info I am looking for.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:18 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
yes...good info..thanks tcouture

Old 01-31-2012, 07:12 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
I've had mine on for about 5k miles (front only). Bought them in order to add camber. No issues to date. They add a little bit more feedback to the wheel but I can't say they've made the ride quality any harsher and I haven't had any noise, though I've been avoiding nearly all rain and snow in those $5k miles. They do have teflon-coated bushings which as on sway bars help with avoiding noise. I drive a bit around the city as well as suburban, track etc. I would buy them again. The upgraded monoballs are nice to have in case you do a lot of track days... which i hope to this season!

They look and feel well crafted to me but I'm no engineer.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:25 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
i want to install them this year too, however i have to check with my Club sincei i am running AutoX and i dont want to change class...

Old 02-01-2012, 07:52 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
RSS is a better choice if you want all steel in suspension. for street it may feel more bumpy than OEM GT3 LCAs (no matter 996 or 997) as OEM comes with rubber inthe LCA ends. that rubber is not very soft and is fine for track use.

if you go with cheaper 996 LCAs you will need more shims to get to -3 or -2.5 camber than with 997 LCAs.
if you know that you need best track performance and will not dire much on street than all steel is probably better and RSS has better deal as replacement steel LCA ends cost $250 each. if not - 996 LCAs may be cheaper.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:53 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kouzman
i want to install them this year too, however i have to check with my Club sincei i am running AutoX and i dont want to change class...
it will bump you away from stock class with SCCA. with PCA they usually do not care to check as long as you run on street tires.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by KonaKai
I've had mine on for about 5k miles (front only). Bought them in order to add camber.
Yeah, that's what I'm going for, too as well as the caster adjustment. I get less than 1 degree of camber up front on the stock suspension and I'm shooting for 2.1-2.3. I went ahead and ordered some of these (part #361 for an 08 C2S). Now I just have to decide if I want to install them myself or pay someone to do it for me.

FYI... for anybody interested in these, don't order online (unless somebody is running a good special). Call RSS directly and tell them you're a 6speedonline member. They offer a pretty decent discount.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.