997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
You must live in a scary area....

Old 08-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
As a cc with a permit who operates a business that forbids guns in my establishment, I can tell you that debates about this topic are useless and counter-productive. Guns are practically as polarizing as the topic of abortion. You are not going to change anybody's mind on the subject. Thread high-jackers are even less persuasive.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Purple Squirrel will become famous soon enough
Ignore the haters, the anti gun freaks, and those who honestly believe that the police will always be there in time to protect them (let us know how that works out for you should you ever find yourself in that position).
The location looks good but I might opt for another location like between the seat and center console mainly due to training in the Army.
My only suggestion (and I am pretty sure you already know this) if you leave the wonderful state of GA make sure you know the laws for the state you are going to or passing through.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I can tell you that debates about this topic are useless and counter-productive. Guns are practically as polarizing as the topic of abortion. You are not going to change anybody's mind on the subject. Thread high-jackers are even less persuasive
I'll keep my opinion to myself and suggest that Domer911 has wrapped it up nicley.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:20 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
Won't engage on an already highly polarizing topic - just not the forum for that. What I will say is that it scares the ()!@$* outta me knowing there are people out there driving around with concealed loaded firearms....these pictures gave me a pit in my stomach. ugh....

Old 08-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Doug L. is on a distinguished road
Excellent choice in pistols. I have two PM9's. They are very accurate and very easy to conceal. Between the seat and center console usually works best in most of my vehicles. The 911 is a little tight in this area though. Your solution works well as long and the thumb strap is engaged. I hope you never have to use your firearm, but it does give peace of mind knowing it is there should you need it to defend your life.

As my grandfather once told me...it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. No truer words have ever been said with an average police response time of nine minutes in my city. Far too often, when they arrive it is time to call the medical examiner and the hearse.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:31 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Greetings from Texas. All I can say is get a bigger gun. :-)

Walt
Ed Brown Kobra Carry LW (45 Cal)

Old 08-05-2012, 02:43 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2006997C4SCab
Greetings from Texas. All I can say is get a bigger gun. :-)

Walt
Ed Brown Kobra Carry LW (45 Cal)
that s why nobody messes with you guys from Texas. Case Closed.

PS I went back and edited out the rest of my comments... not worth the arguement...huh

Last edited by cerbomark; 08-05-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:22 PM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
Fun!!

fun! nothing like a little trouble-making...the forum has become a bit tedious lately.
But really the post is not about your opinions It's about how you carry in your car(s) and what works for you.

Nobody has any right to judge me or any others for carrying a weapon. You don't know me, what I do, what my experiences are.

Texas, I love you man!

Doug - The Kahr IS awesome, LOVE IT!! But it's my baby one - backup really. Current standard carry is a .45 1911 Kimber CDP. Next up is a .45 Springfeild HD compact....(double the rounds!)

Last edited by SlateC2S; 08-05-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:01 PM
roelricardo will become famous soon enough
Jajaja Wonderful so now on we can call you Superman, thank you for looking at us

Old 08-05-2012, 04:03 PM
norton has a spectacular aura aboutnorton has a spectacular aura aboutnorton has a spectacular aura about
OMG! Carrying a weapon in a Porsche!!!!

You mean there is ANOTHER person out there like me!!!

(see previous thread "Prius versus a Porsche" to see what I mean. 3 things to not mention on this forum: religion, politics, and carrying firearms in your Porsche.....)

Old 08-05-2012, 04:14 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
I've been a victim of a violent crime...doesn't mean I need to carry. In Cali you can carry openly...not loaded though, so whats the point. What is sad is you don't hear stories about people who carry that save someone....wonder why?

Carrying a weapon doesn't protect you, *** wipes like Colorado are out there " excersicing " their rights too to bear arms and use them. I love this country and believe in the 2nd amendment however, our needs these days require modification to our laws.

Hot topic like religion & politics. Everyone has an opinion. If someone feels the need to carry a gun in their car...move away from there! If someone wants y car, take it...got insurance. Having a gun in the car doesn't men I will stop someone approaching me or shooting me for the car. There will always be pros and cons for this.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:17 PM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
I like how thread change subject now these days.
Going south going south...

Old 08-05-2012, 04:23 PM
slick911 has a spectacular aura aboutslick911 has a spectacular aura about
Slatec2s,
If you were standing in front of me, I would shake your hand and buy u a drink. Thanks for your service. Every American have the freedom to bear arms to defend themselves and their family if needed. It is up to them to choose to excercise their right. It is not up to them to choose for others. One things for sure, anyone I find in my house uninvited at 2am will be blown into pieces right BEFORE I dail 9-1-1 and wait 20 minutes.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:27 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Slate - I usually carry on my body in my truck. In the 911 just can't manage that so it usually goes between the seats. I always have one close by just in case, better to have it than need it and not. I look forward to what you come up with next. On my 996 that I had, it had the owners manuel bracket under the steering wheel that worked pretty good too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911