997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911

Old 08-05-2012, 04:32 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
I don't think anyone here is disputing that there are people that exercise their 2nd amendments rights responsibly and respectfully. I'm willing to bet everything I have the people on this forum do so - in the intended way. The question is does your right to arm yourself worth the magnitudes of others that do it irresponsibly - resulting in the death of innocent people. In a perfect world - I agree with you. Unfortunately - the worlds far from it - and we're failing MISERABLY at enforcing responsible gun ownership - period.

Anyway - I'm not trying to get everyone worked up over it ... those are one mans thoughts

Old 08-05-2012, 05:53 PM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by NugeC4S
I'm not trying to get everyone worked up over it ... those are one mans thoughts
well said!!!... i went back to my knee jerk post and toned down the rhetoric - didnt really mean to get so many panties in a wad.

...and the comment about not seeing it in the media...?!?seriously?!? I have some great stock options to sell you. There are plenty of places to get daily reports of people rightfully defending themselves successfully...and no you dont see it in the mass media...hmmm..wonder why....argh! some people really need a to wake up and smell the coffee....

So I dont really care where anyone stands on the issue..really...keep it to yourself. Just share your experiences and suggestions for carry in the car.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
I can just imagine the look on the cops face after he pulls you over for a minor traffic violation and sees that thing. Wow...I live in Texas and they would FLIP!

Old 08-05-2012, 06:02 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SlateC2S
well said!!!... i went back to my knee jerk post and toned down the rhetoric - didnt really mean to get so many panties in a wad.

...and the comment about not seeing it in the media...?!?seriously?!? I have some great stock options to sell you. There are plenty of places to get daily reports of people rightfully defending themselves successfully...and no you dont see it in the mass media...hmmm..wonder why....argh! some people really need a to wake up and smell the coffee....

So I dont really care where anyone stands on the issue..really...keep it to yourself. Just share your experiences and suggestions for carry in the car.
I agree....why don't we hear more about it the good things...that's what I was referring to. There is enough crap on the news so I don't go out and search for more. I just feel a gun in the car is not wise. In the house!! He'll yes...I agree with Slatec2s...shoot first then ask later.

I also agree with NugeC4S. There will always be two sides to this debate. Free Speech....another right that gets out of hand as well!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Doug L. is on a distinguished road
SlateC2S,

You are my brother from another mother...HeHeHe... I, too have a Springfield HD 45 Compact. Now if I can find a Kimber, we will have a matching set. I may be biased, but you have excellent tastes with regards to cars and firearms! Happy driving and shooting!

Old 08-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Jam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud of
There is a guns section in this forum where you should've posted this topic.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:19 PM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
Getting pulled over

So for you carriers - here is some helpful info if you get pulled over and you carry - you should really know this if you carry - but just in case.... its really no big deal just follow rules:
So here are the unofficial rules.
Cop doesnt know who he is pulling over...and you have to respect that and not give attitude AT ALL.
1. hands where cops can see them at all times (i put both hands on the window sill)
2. first thing I say is that I have a concealed weapon in the car - before I even reach for wallet/registration or anything
3. cop will ask you to exit the vehicle and move away
4. cop will ask you where the gun is...and you tell him
5. cop will remove magazine and chambered round..(although one time a cop didnt know how to operate my 1911 - strange...I was super unimpressed)
6. cop will ask for drivers licence and registration and everything should then just be standard operating procedure. In GA we are allowed to carry concealed in car without a permit - but I always offer my concealed carry permit just to give him some extra assurance that I am federally licensed to carry and that we are on the same side of the law.
7. Cop will then let you go with a warning because he respects that you have respected him and been up front and straight with him (haha - #7 is wishful thinking right? - but it happened to me, honest - we just started to chat about out weapons...)

Old 08-06-2012, 07:56 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
So for you carriers - here is some helpful info if you get pulled over and you carry - you should really know this if you carry - but just in case.... its really no big deal just follow rules:
So here are the unofficial rules.
Cop doesnt know who he is pulling over...and you have to respect that and not give attitude AT ALL.
1. hands where cops can see them at all times (i put both hands on the window sill)
2. first thing I say is that I have a concealed weapon in the car - before I even reach for wallet/registration or anything
3. cop will ask you to exit the vehicle and move away
4. cop will ask you where the gun is...and you tell him
5. cop will remove magazine and chambered round..(although one time a cop didnt know how to operate my 1911 - strange...I was super unimpressed)
6. cop will ask for drivers licence and registration and everything should then just be standard operating procedure. In GA we are allowed to carry concealed in car without a permit - but I always offer my concealed carry permit just to give him some extra assurance that I am federally licensed to carry and that we are on the same side of the law.
7. Cop will then let you go with a warning because he respects that you have respected him and been up front and straight with him (haha - #7 is wishful thinking right? - but it happened to me, honest - we just started to chat about out weapons...)
Speaking from the guy on the outside of that door , I would respect someone like that. Good advise.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 AM
negrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to beholdnegrette10 is a splendid one to behold
SLATEC2S is right.. when I get pulled over I always just say "Sir i have a glock23 on me here is my concealed license." He goes and checks it to make sure its legit and i ALWAYS get a warning.. speeding tickets. Oh i don't get them. lol. On another note I can't stand grown men who get scared around weapons! Its a weak look.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:52 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
i love my P226..

but i will not carry it in my car for 'protection' - the temptation to use it would be too much

if u r a LEO (which u seem to be) or live/travel in a rural area, i do think carrying a weapon for protection would be ideal..

however, if u r just driving in an urban area as a normal law-abiding citizen, what are u really afraid of that u must carry a concealed weapon? i mean, in what scenario do u see urself pulling your gun ?

i am just curious..

btw, it is little scary to know that GA allows concealed weapon without a permit..

back on topic: OP the location looks ideal for a fast & easy reach

Old 08-06-2012, 04:29 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
Any state that allows a concealed weapon should require permits Period!When in the upper Pacific Northwest it's no problem as long as you pass the required protocol.It should be governed like this in all states!Oh and I love our 2nd Amendment rights!

Old 08-06-2012, 05:10 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribe to NRA and read about all the instances recorded where having a gun accessible has saved lives. (Armed Citizen section) If you don't want to carry or have a gun accessible in your vehicle that is perfectly fine. The likelihood of you even needing it is probably slim to none. (Like my auto or home fire or flood insurance.)
But what if.....?

Speaking of,,,,, one of my CHL instructors was telling us of his personal experience. He was getting gas at 7-11. Went in to get a soda. A guy walks in to rob the store. Perp sees him and takes him as a hostage and chauffeur. Lots of opportunities to whack this guy, and perfectly legal BUT,, no gun available. Luckily the police give chase and during a turn the perp bails. He now is a CHL instructor and guess what? He has access to a gun pretty much all the time.

I personally had a couple occasions where knowing it was within reach was of great comfort.

Walt

>>>however, if u r just driving in an urban area as a normal law-abiding citizen, what are u really afraid of that u must carry a concealed weapon? i mean, in what scenario do u see urself pulling your gun ?>>>

Old 08-06-2012, 05:15 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
I don't think you were speaking to myself?My NRA # is 000182519862!

Old 08-06-2012, 05:25 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by roelricardo
Hate fuc....ing Guns!! Porsche+gun=anti cool wtf
Amazing comment from someone who lives in a country that is the #1 (or close to it) murder capital of the world. You'll hate guns until you need one, then you would trade your left nut for one. Hope you never need one, but in your situation the odds are against you.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:31 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Look at who I quoted in my response. It was not you.

<<<I don't think you were speaking to myself?My NRA # is 000182519862>>>

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911