997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 05:42 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2006997C4SCab

Speaking of,,,,, one of my CHL instructors was telling us of his personal experience. He was getting gas at 7-11. Went in to get a soda. A guy walks in to rob the store. Perp sees him and takes him as a hostage and chauffeur. Lots of opportunities to whack this guy, and perfectly legal BUT,, no gun available. Luckily the police give chase and during a turn the perp bails. He now is a CHL instructor and guess what? He has access to a gun pretty much all the time.

not to be argumentative, but i am confused..

so ur CHL instructor made out fine in the above scenario without a gun.. how does that back up the need to carry a weapon in a urban scenario?

is it because if he did have a gun, he would have attempted to blow away the perp himself ?

is there a link to armed citizen automotive section?

Old 08-06-2012, 06:00 PM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
clarification

Just to clarify what I wrote earlier which seems to have created some confusion.
GA is a "right to carry" state. Everyone has the right to carry a firearm with the exception of felons, mental illness, and a couple of other restrictions. AND YES that means in theory ANYONE (except the aforementioned) can carry a exposed firearm without a permit....but in practice this is not done. I guess it would be considered socially unacceptable....not IMO

In GA you MAY carry concealed without a permit in your vehicle and on your property.
A federal concealed carry permit allows carry of a concealed firearm on your person with certain restrictions i.e. schools, religious institutions, places that serve alcohol, few others....(go figure....all the places you seem to actually need a firearm on you...lately)

Old 08-06-2012, 06:01 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
crazycarlito,,, You have a sig p226 ? Me too, it was a duty weapon, very reliable.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:05 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SlateC2S
Just to clarify what I wrote earlier which seems to have created some confusion.
GA is a "right to carry" state. Everyone has the right to carry a firearm with the exception of felons, mental illness, and a couple of other restrictions. AND YES that means in theory ANYONE (except the aforementioned) can carry a exposed firearm without a permit....but in practice this is not done. I guess it would be considered socially unacceptable....not IMO

In GA you MAY carry concealed without a permit in your vehicle and on your property.
A federal concealed carry permit allows carry of a concealed firearm on your person with certain restrictions i.e. schools, religious institutions, places that serve alcohol, few others....(go figure....all the places you seem to actually need a firearm on you...lately)
I think in states like yours very few people will mess with others as you never know whos carring what.... in more regulated states like NJ (where I come from) only the criminals have guns because everyone else is so heavily regulated and criminals just carry illegal guns.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:16 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cerbomark
crazycarlito,,, You have a sig p226 ? Me too, it was a duty weapon, very reliable.
yeah. i guess we have a thing for products made in Germany / Swiss

Old 08-06-2012, 06:22 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2006997C4SCab
Look at who I quoted in my response. It was not you.

<<<I don't think you were speaking to myself?My NRA # is 000182519862>>>
My apologizes.Re read!

Old 08-06-2012, 06:24 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Here in Canada carrying guns (even with a license) is illegal. That's why I have an axe under my seat, baseball bat in the back seat and a sling in my glove box.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:34 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
I think in states like yours very few people will mess with others as you never know whos carring what.... in more regulated states like NJ (where I come from) only the criminals have guns because everyone else is so heavily regulated and criminals just carry illegal guns.
I'm biting my tongue to stay out of this discussion (and not go off topic) - but - in theory you would think this is is the case (re: the correlation btw gun control laws and gun violence) - but couldn't be further from the truth (statistically speaking)

**putting soap box away - resuming thinking about 997 mods**

EDIT: You don't explicitly say that - so sorry to put words in your mouth. My point being: gun violence is not lower in states with looser gun laws (re: your point, "in states like yours very few people will mess with others ...never know who's carry") - it's exactly the opposite.

**burning soap box for good for 6Speed purposes**

Last edited by NugeC4S; 08-06-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by NugeC4S
I'm biting my tongue to stay out of this discussion (and not go off topic) - but - in theory you would think this is is the case (re: the correlation btw gun control laws and gun violence) - but couldn't be further from the truth (statistically speaking)

**putting soap box away - resuming thinking about 997 mods**

EDIT: You don't explicitly say that - so sorry to put words in your mouth. My point being: gun violence is not lower in states with looser gun laws (re: your point, "in states like yours very few people will mess with others ...never know who's carry") - it's exactly the opposite.

**burning soap box for good for 6Speed purposes**
with all due respect, I can tell you in states that are regulated to stop people from carrying or even owning guns the people using them illegally to commit crimes always get their guns and that is an undisputed fact. I have to give you the last point because I do not have stats but I know for myself if everyone was carrying guns I d walk away from any potential confrontation as that would be most prudent for anyone.
Also , I know I seem pro guns but I am also concerned about the majority of people who carry and have no idea what this can result in.

Last edited by cerbomark; 08-06-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:57 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
with all due respect, I can tell you in states that are regulated to stop people from carrying or even owning guns the people using them illegally to commit crimes always get their guns and that is an undisputed fact. I have to give you the last point because I do not have stats but I know for myself if everyone was carrying guns I d walk away from any potential confrontation as that would be most prudent for anyone.
Fair enough - but in states with stricter laws obviously the % of violent gun incidences being illegal or criminal will be higher (simply because it's illegal).

I hear your point - there's no silver bullet here (pun not intended).

Here's the bottom line for me w/gun control - I am not in theory against it whatsoever - it's the practical reality that there is no means to screen individuals on a mass level effectively enough to prevent criminal and/or accidental gun violence - which results in innocent people dead.

Like I said earlier - everyone on this forum (and most all legal gun owners) are armed responsibly - and I have no problems w/those individuals owning one (concealed, open, in a porsche - even in an m3!)

But...

it only takes one ******* (or in the past year - hundreds) to screw it up for everyone. I understand that I'm saying some crazy *******s ruin your 2nd amendment rights - but - when the result is people getting unnecessary killed - that's my stance.

Respectfully hearing your comments - and well received. It's a tough debate. (particularly w/the events these past several weeks)

AT LEAST WE CAN ALL AGREE ON PORSCHE!

Old 08-06-2012, 07:05 PM
you make your case too. We could go on for weeks on this topic, but nothing would be resolved. It is a pleasure debating here with guys that don t take it personnal or get out of control. Can t we all just get along? ( then guns would be pointless).

Old 08-06-2012, 07:06 PM
you make your case too. We could go on for weeks on this topic, but nothing would be resolved. It is a pleasure debating here with guys that don t take it personnal or get out of control. Can t we all just get along? ( then guns would be pointless).
HAHAHAHAHAHA! That was . Well said.

I also think that - given how polarizing this debate is - everyone on here is really rational / respectful.

Porsche owners - just good folk...

Old 08-06-2012, 07:20 PM
soccerTOOLsu is on a distinguished road
Can we move this conversation to OFF TOPIC please?

Old 08-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by soccerTOOLsu
Can we move this conversation to OFF TOPIC please?
(I think this was the first TRULY "off topic" post yet) - don't everyone get all hot-headed and run and getchrr guns ..

KIDDING!!!!!

hahaha

(Sorry - agreed. Will stop - the holster looks great btw)

Old 08-06-2012, 08:06 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
He and the arresting officers felt he was a dead man had the Perp not bailed out of the car. (He was already wanted for murder.) In this case, the good guy lucked out. I'd rather be prepared than lucky.

Also, Texas monitors and records problems with CHLs and I'm told at each CHL refresher that CHL violence with a handgun incidents are negligible. The training I originally received was by two active police officers that said they were happy to see us in class and that the problems they encounter are NOT from licensed CHL's. It makes sense. The bad guys will always have access to guns.

When I flew F-14s there were two kinds of airplane. Pointy nose and targets. You decide where you fit in all this.

Walt

so ur CHL instructor made out fine in the above scenario without a gun.. how does that back up the need to carry a weapon in a urban scenario?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911