997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:05 PM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911

Taken me a while but just figured out my best solution yet for concealed carry in Sally (Sally = 2005 Porsche - 997.1)
I thought I would share. This is a simple and elegant solution. Cheap! - just a standard metal clip holster clipped just under the steering column. So obviously simple with wonderfully easy access in/out/and while driving. Pictured here is a Kahr PM9 (9mm).

Love to see other solutions out there...but challenge you to beat this one!!!

Old 08-05-2012, 12:21 AM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Just curious, why are you carrying around a concealed gun?
Looks trouble to me...

Old 08-05-2012, 12:48 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Not impressed at all. Hope no one takes your silly challenge. Too bad we live in an era that this is necessary.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:55 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Doesn't look all that secure in the event of an accident. That gun will be flying all over the place in a bad collision.
I'd look into the DeSantis Kingston. Sits between the legs and the holster looks like it's a bit more secure than that one. I had one when I lived in AZ where carry in this fashion in a vehicle was legal. Unfortunately, this would be VERY illegal in CA.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:21 AM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
Ignore the antis who think Police will immediately be there to protect them should something go awry. Apparently a flying gun in an accident (unlikely with modern retention holsters) is more worrisome than taking responsibility for your personal safety. Unfortunately my state doesn't allow for me to exercise my 2nd Amd. rights. Since yours does, more power to you.

Last edited by IslandS62; 08-05-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:35 AM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Just put it in the glove box. So you can have that kinda action like "i'm grabbing something"

Old 08-05-2012, 06:44 AM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
Ignoring the anti's...
Great point about securing for an accident...thumb strap is not shown in pic....so its not such an issue. Holster itself is very secure.
Since discovering this location in the car, the current setup is only temporary until I recieve a holster specifically designed for this area of carry with hooks on top AND bottom. I will post the manufacturer of the holster on the site if I am pleased with the product. Stay tuned.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:48 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I ve carrrried for 30 years (mostly for work) and it looks a little unsecure IMO.... It s hard to tell what secures the weapon in the holster if anything.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by cerbomark
I ve carrrried for 30 years (mostly for work) and it looks a little unsecure IMO.... It s hard to tell what secures the weapon in the holster if anything.
Agreed!! Like I said, thumb strap not shown - and holster intended for this type of carry is on order and should be arriving soon. Stay tuned for update.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:16 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SlateC2S
Agreed!! Like I said, thumb strap not shown - and holster intended for this type of carry is on order and should be arriving soon. Stay tuned for update.
Cool, we want you and your family to be safe first.... then if you need it to protect them thats one for the good guys

Old 08-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting that 26 states allow reciprocal carrying of a hand gun if you have a valid Georgia Carry license, unloaded of course. That would suggest lots of regular folks are packing concealed. No wonder the state troopers always have their hand on their gun when they pull you over.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by Dadio
Interesting that 26 states allow reciprocal carrying of a hand gun if you have a valid Georgia Carry license, unloaded of course. That would suggest lots of regular folks are packing concealed. No wonder the state troopers always have their hand on their gun when they pull you over.
I believe there is a difference though, some are talking about conceal/carry permits which means loaded. You are more than likely refering to transporting only...

Old 08-05-2012, 07:50 AM
jhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Dadio

Huh??? "unloaded of course"... What would be the point of carrying an unloaded weapon? you might as well carry a rock... (and that goes for not carrying w/ a round in the chamber)..

To the OP... more power to you man... I wedge mine between the passenger seat and the center console...

As for the Republik of CA... I don't have words to describe what I think about your inability to exercise your 2nd amendment rights...

Old 08-05-2012, 08:58 AM
roelricardo will become famous soon enough
Hate fuc....ing Guns!! Porsche+gun=anti cool wtf

Old 08-05-2012, 09:10 AM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
I assume you CC on your person when you leave the car, right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Concealed Gun Carry - best solution? Porsche 911