997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

tmps sensor battery replacement design flaw?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 05:32 PM
kiddoutlaw is on a distinguished road
Mine finally just registered, I added some air to each of them, then after it gave me a warning that all the tires were flat, it finally registered the pressure.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:53 PM
doctorbossman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kiddoutlaw
Ordered mine and had them .....Not getting tire pressure readout though the error has gone away. Does it take more time for the readout to display?
Mine took about 20 minutes to get a reading.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:47 PM
sphinz will become famous soon enoughsphinz will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kiddoutlaw
Ordered mine and had them .....Not getting tire pressure readout though the error has gone away. Does it take more time for the readout to display?
you might just need to drive around a bit. I just installed mine, and it took about 20 mins on the first run.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:42 PM
rvc
rvc is on a distinguished road
Just order some sensors off ebay.....got mine about a month ago from a company in Florida near Suncoast....46$ each! Had Americas tire install them for 64$ and done! They set/reset themselves after about 10 miles. Easy

Old 06-12-2013, 06:26 PM
OCT
OCT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rvc
Just order some sensors off ebay.....got mine about a month ago from a company in Florida near Suncoast....46$ each! Had Americas tire install them for 64$ and done! They set/reset themselves after about 10 miles. Easy
nice to hear everything is ok!
I suppose to do this job soooo long time ago...but I am just too lazy....
Anyway I hope i will order them and install soon...

Old 06-17-2013, 11:31 AM
BLKonBLK911C4S is on a distinguished road
I ordered a set off ebay as well. Everything worked great at first and then all of a sudden I got an error message "Wheel Change? Input new TPC settings!" I relearned the sensors and everything was fine for about a week. Seems every week I get this message and go through the same routine. The Company I got them for was great and already sent me a band new set (no cost). I am just waiting to get them installed. They want the old ones back since they said they have never heard of this.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:40 AM
OCT
I just install all four tpms, it's not reading anything yet, I got two different message on the dash after drive it a bit, (too many wh. Transm)
Then I reset it, the error message has gone but I got flat tire message on, I reset it again, now it went back to system learning.
Maybe I just have to drive it more on the highway?
I got the tpms from oewheel, 433.
Mine is 07 c2

Old 06-23-2013, 12:05 PM
rvc
rvc is on a distinguished road
It took about 10-12 miles driving for all the sensors to set themselves correctly. Be patient

Old 06-24-2013, 10:46 AM
sirschwag will become famous soon enough
My RR sensor recently stopped communicating with my '08 C4. So after a little research, I ended up just replacing the one that went bad in hopes I will get a little more time out of the rest ...

Beru was the OEM supplier for tmps sensors for Porsche up until late 2012, now Huf has acquired Beru. The best price I found was on Tire Rack as they sell the Huf sensors for $83/each + $8 for the valve stem. So if you want an OEM option this is the best price I could find. I'm not sure it's worth the extra cost over the aftermarket option mentioned here, but it's cheaper than buying from Porsche and it's the exact same part. I do know that Beru was the pioneer of tpms and they make a quality product, albeit the battery life could be better (and replaceable would be nice - think sealed watch battery w/ rubber gasket)!! I'd guess the aftermarket version works just as well, just unsure how long they will last and if they would ever fail or lose air suddenly, it could be dangerous! Just my $0.02

As far as the system learning;
Find an empty parking lot - drive slowly in a tight circle, do this 3-4 laps in one direction, then repeat the other direction.., then drive off - it'll register instantly afterwards - works every time for me!

Old 06-27-2013, 03:14 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
thx Socialpro and Yvesvidal !

rep points to both of u for saving me money and doing the research.

just ordered a set from OE Wheels since 1) its prob time for replacement on my 2007 and 2) i will be replacing my rear tires next week anyways

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/TPMS-Sens...ssure-Sensor_2

Old 06-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Rez
Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !
Thanks to this thread I followed the link to oewheels and saved quite a bit on new sensors. I've got a 997.2 and installed these:

A reset of the tires via the computer and they registered within 4 miles.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:09 PM
OCT
Originally Posted by Rez
Thanks to this thread I followed the link to oewheels and saved quite a bit on new sensors. I've got a 997.2 and installed these:

A reset of the tires via the computer and they registered within 4 miles.
How is the reading? Mine is around 5psi below the actual, I got add air warning all the time

Old 06-30-2013, 12:32 AM
Rez
Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !Rez Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OCT
How is the reading? Mine is around 5psi below the actual, I got add air warning all the time
I just verified the tires were at recommended pressures with my gauge and checked the TPMS readings. 3 tires showed a perfect 0 difference while the front right showed -1. That's pretty good and generally better than the promised ±1 accuracy shown on the spec sheet for the sensors.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:28 AM
GuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the roughGuzziGreg is a jewel in the rough
Ok my Tpms just went in all 4wheels. Went on the site recommended here oewheelslic, but they seem to have 100 different ones for my car. I know most are 433 MHz are these the right ones for my 08 C4S. Very confused!
Also do tires have to be rebalanced as well after install?

Old 07-06-2013, 05:41 AM
italdream is on a distinguished road
Changed all four in my 2008 C2 after one sensor went off. Brand is oro-tek.
The error message went off in less than 2 miles. I got a reading on all four tires, soon after.
Hope that it lasts but so far so good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tmps sensor battery replacement design flaw?!