997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

duck tail finals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 12:30 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
this looks awesome.

Originally Posted by richard181
The Misha looks like a 2 piece tail. There seems to be a seam at the rear decklid??

Getty Images is a one piece design

Old 03-25-2014, 12:40 PM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Darthvader
Ok now I am really confused. Can you please post links to both the one piece ducktail and the two piece. I am afraid I am going to order the wrong thing.

Really appreciate the help.

sorry about that

Ok..

Option 1.... 1 piece "Getty Design" Is the duck tail molded in to it own deck lid. This will replace your entire deck lid. taller tail which include 3rd brake light built into it as well.

Option 2. Misha Design is also just "1 part" you purchase...But you will keep your original deck lid and remove the motorized / raising deck lid parts. The Misha duck tail then fits in to the space where your old motorized decklid use to sit.

I attached photos of what the parts look like for each.

- 1st photo is getty design complete deck lid replacment.

- Photo 2 and 3 are showing the motorized deck replacement only duck tail.
Note for photo 2 is that the "misha" design in this photo is showing a very early test model used for design and fitment ideas....

-Photo 3 shows motorized deck lid removed and the current Misha duck tail installed in it's place.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3126.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	350934   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-07 12.44.24.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	350935   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0146 (Custom)cc_closeup.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	350947  

Last edited by qikqbn; 03-25-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:42 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Which one did you buy???Link please....so confused

Originally Posted by carrera997re
Body guy made it flush where the tail up top meets the lid where the third brake light is.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:51 PM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of

member Carrera997re car has the Misha duck tail. So does WC11 and me QIKQBN it replaces your motorized decklid.

Bigzz and Matt(inMA) have the getty design.

Last edited by qikqbn; 03-25-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Ok thanks. I found this link to purchase for the Getty: http://www.gettydesign.com/997_wings.html#ducktailsport

I can't seem to locate the other link for purchase just pictures of it.

Originally Posted by qikqbn
member Carrera997re car has the Misha duck tail. So does WC11 and me QIKQBN it replaces your motorized decklid.

Bigzz and Matt(inMA) have the getty design.

Old 03-25-2014, 02:39 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Lol darth what is so confusing?? There are two companys misha and getty getty is the whole back piece which has your carrera emblem on it and misha is removing the spoiler that goes up amd down. I went with the misha it was cheaper then getty since i was getting a lot of parts from misha he cut me a huge break. Getty is sure a gorgeous piece. Buttt when i do get sick of the ducktail i wont feel so bad about having it hung on a wall like a piece of art.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:57 PM
Haha, ya I found the Getty and emailed sales no reply after one full day...weird. I can't find the Misha product order site. I am ready to give up.

Originally Posted by carrera997re
Lol darth what is so confusing?? There are two companys misha and getty getty is the whole back piece which has your carrera emblem on it and misha is removing the spoiler that goes up amd down. I went with the misha it was cheaper then getty since i was getting a lot of parts from misha he cut me a huge break. Getty is sure a gorgeous piece. Buttt when i do get sick of the ducktail i wont feel so bad about having it hung on a wall like a piece of art.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:19 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Call alex (310) 818-1535 or email him info@mishadesigns.com
Misha

Old 03-25-2014, 06:14 PM
JCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really nice
If you can't tell the difference between the two and you're still confused, then I suppose you really can't go wrong with whichever you purchase. In the end, you'll end up with a quality ducktail as both manufacturers have made nice pieces.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Pic 1 is not a finished Getty duck tail. The Getty piece is much more complete and finished. I have one and the quality is excellent. It does not look like an add on part. But that's just my .02 cents

Matt

Originally Posted by qikqbn
sorry about that

Ok..

Option 1.... 1 piece "Getty Design" Is the duck tail molded in to it own deck lid. This will replace your entire deck lid. taller tail which include 3rd brake light built into it as well.

Option 2. Misha Design is also just "1 part" you purchase...But you will keep your original deck lid and remove the motorized / raising deck lid parts. The Misha duck tail then fits in to the space where your old motorized decklid use to sit.

I attached photos of what the parts look like for each.

- 1st photo is getty design complete deck lid replacment.

- Photo 2 and 3 are showing the motorized deck replacement only duck tail.
Note for photo 2 is that the "misha" design in this photo is showing a very early test model used for design and fitment ideas....

-Photo 3 shows motorized deck lid removed and the current Misha duck tail installed in it's place.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:50 PM
saint828 is on a distinguished road
I have a getty design ducktail for sale complete set with decals, third brake light with harness, painted artic silver. 06 Carreras S, never installed.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:53 PM
How muchy? Heres your chance darth

Old 03-25-2014, 07:53 PM
Vendor pictures are not a good basis for a purchase decision.

Originally Posted by JCD911S
If you can't tell the difference between the two and you're still confused, then I suppose you really can't go wrong with whichever you purchase. In the end, you'll end up with a quality ducktail as both manufacturers have made nice pieces.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:54 PM
Let me see
Originally Posted by saint828
I have a getty design ducktail for sale complete set with decals, third brake light with harness, painted artic silver. 06 Carreras S, never installed.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:09 PM
saint828 is on a distinguished road
Let me see
i'll send you some pics.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: duck tail finals