997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

duck tail finals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 08:49 PM
donniek will become famous soon enough
Hey saint828, if darthvader doesn't want it let me know what you want?

Old 03-26-2014, 11:40 AM
dbTarga996 is on a distinguished road
Not a 997 but heres the Misha Ducktail on my 02 Targa. As for the hump that you get from the misha ducktail , can you explain a little bit more in depth how to get it to sit flush ?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ducktail_zps932f5e11.png
Views:	306
Size:	374.3 KB
ID:	351348   Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled_zpsd4c99061.png
Views:	326
Size:	358.1 KB
ID:	351349  

Last edited by dbTarga996; 03-26-2014 at 12:22 PM. Reason: add a response instead of making another post
Old 03-27-2014, 01:35 AM
qikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud ofqikqbn has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dbTarga996
Not a 997 but heres the Misha Ducktail on my 02 Targa. As for the hump that you get from the misha ducktail , can you explain a little bit more in depth how to get it to sit flush ?
The entire decklid is attached to hinges that swivel up when you open the engine bay. The decklid is attached to these hinges with 4 bolts. if you loosen, but not remove the 4 bolts you will notice that you can make minor adjustments to the angle of the decklid. By changing the angle you can effectively lower the leading edge of the decklid so that the top edge of your ducktail comes more in line with the 3rd brake light area. The stock holes only allow a little bit of angle change. If you want the decklid to be more flush with the 3rd brake light area then you will have to modify the bracket holes further.

You will have to remove your fan (3 bolts) and then remove the 4 bolts carefully so the decklid does not fall and damage anything. Then remove the entire decklid and set aside carefully. It is a 2 minute procedure to remove the entire decklid.

Once the decklid is removed you will then modify the holes on the swivel bracket where the bolts went through. These need to be larger so you can angle your decklid as much as you need. I had to modify the holes to be larger by using a round file. It will take several test fitments to get it right. Most likely you will have to file downward and back towards the bumper 2-3 mm. .

I attached pic showing bracket and 2 bolts on each side.
took me less then an hour start to finish.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-23 18.20.58.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	406.1 KB
ID:	351681  
Old 03-30-2014, 12:49 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Does any one know where I can find the dimension for these stripes??

Last edited by Darthvader; 09-29-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Thank you kind sir. I only graduated from the 4th grade I meant strips of silver.

S T R I P S -or - S T R I P E S

Last edited by Darthvader; 03-30-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:57 PM
I am going with the Getty design. Just want to thank those that were kind enough to answer my stupid questions. Some of the people here are really quite nice. I will post pics when it's done. Hopefully I can find someone to do the "stripes".

My OEM turbo tail is for sale if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Darthvader; 03-30-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:20 AM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Darthvader
I am going with the Getty design. Just want to thank those that were kind enough to answer my stupid questions. Some of the people here are really quite nice. I will post pics when it's done. Hopefully I can find someone to do the "stripes".

My OEM turbo tail is for sale if anyone is interested.
try ki studios. i believe he's a vendor on here. http://www.kistudios.com/

Old 03-31-2014, 07:32 AM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Does any one know where I can find the dimension for these stripes??

I would think you could get pretty close just by measuring your deck lid and then doing the math relative to the stripes (or strips ) on the lid. '

Matt

Old 03-31-2014, 09:14 AM
I wonder if this front spoiler is available?

Old 03-31-2014, 09:30 AM
Sent them an email...thanks

Originally Posted by killacam
try ki studios. i believe he's a vendor on here. http://www.kistudios.com/

Old 03-31-2014, 10:03 AM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
I believe you have a 997.1 which means you'll have to do a complete front bumper conversion. Suncoast sell it.

I wonder if this front spoiler is available?

Old 03-31-2014, 10:11 AM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
sorry for off topic.... which rear bumper is this? Thx

[/QUOTE]

Old 03-31-2014, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by simoncpw
sorry for off topic.... which rear bumper is this? Thx

thats the sport classic rear bumper.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:19 PM
Good memory!! . That sounds very expensive.

Originally Posted by killacam
I believe you have a 997.1 which means you'll have to do a complete front bumper conversion. Suncoast sell it.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:22 PM
Good memory!! . That sounds very expensive.
darthie i remember all your posts!

the conversion is $4.8k.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...ory_Code=997AK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: duck tail finals