997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Stutter / lag at 1-1.5k RPM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 09:22 AM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
Stutter / lag at 1-1.5k RPM

I've only had my 2006 C2S for a week, so I'm still getting familiar with the car.

I noticed the car stutter / lag / hesitate at about 1000-1500 RPM. This happens whether the car is in park or neutral, or drive off from stationary. Once it gets over 1500 RPM, everything is normal.

I already had the MAF and sensor cleaned today, but the problem is there.

Would replacing the MAF sensor the next logical step?

Thanks.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
That is bizarre. Not sure a MAF would do anything to change that. I'd call your tech for further advice

Old 07-24-2013, 11:40 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
i agree that it doesnt sound like MAF. maybe HPFP?

Old 07-24-2013, 11:41 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
whoops, never mind, i just realized it's an '06, i dont think you have an HPFP (not like the ones in the .2 anyway).

but my guess would still be on gas delivery or throttle issue.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:17 PM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
Ok. Thanks guys. I'll have it checked again today.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
You have a brake pad warning light on in that video (!). Related?

Old 07-25-2013, 01:03 AM
the warning is because I had the handbrake on at the time the video is taken. The car is auto-tip, and was in Park mode with the handbrake.

The issue is there regardless whether the car is parked stationary or in motion, with/out handbrake. And always at about 1000-1200 RPM

Old 07-25-2013, 09:25 AM
By the way.... would this have anything to do with the grading of the un-lead fuel being used? Thinking if using the premium fuel will help?!

Old 07-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Take it to a certified P-car tech and let him plug it into the computer or render his opinion.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Yep... already booked but earliest slot will be next Tues. So just wondering in the mean time what can be done.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:28 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Check for a dirty throttle body. Common issue on these cars and easy to check for and correct.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:53 PM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
By the way.... would this have anything to do with the grading of the un-lead fuel being used? Thinking if using the premium fuel will help?!
Wait, what fuel are you using? You should be using premium only.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:59 PM
It's a bit confusing and misleading on the grading of fuel here in Hong Kong.

First of all, the gas station don't indicate the RON rating for the types of gasoline that they are selling. Pretty much all gas station here offer 2 types of gasoline:

Economy / Premium:
- Fuel Save / V-Power for Shell
- Synergy 8000 / Synergy F1 for Esso

From what I understand, all the basic / economy petrol here are all RON 98 (which is generally consider "Premium" in most parts of the world?!). While Esso clearly stated that their F1 fuel is still RON98, Shell makes no reference on the RON for any for their fuel.

So the general believe here is that all these "premium" fuels in HK are just their marketing tools to sell at a higher price with pretty much the same products.

Correct me if I'm wrong, when car manufacturer recommends to use "Premium Fuel", they are say fuel with rated RON 98?

Old 07-26-2013, 12:17 AM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
Didn't know that about HK gas. Yes, owners manual says 98 RON, which is about 94 octane stateside. You're fortunate you can get that. Here in California 91 octane (95 RON) is the best we can get without paying ~$9/gallon for the 100 octane.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:45 AM
Fortunate or unfortunately... most car do not benefits from using fuels at RON98, so car owners here are force to pay for the "premium" price.... which cost about US$8/gallon :-(

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stutter / lag at 1-1.5k RPM