997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Spacers and lock bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 07:00 PM
forbes210 is on a distinguished road
Spacers and lock bolts

I'm planning to install 7mm spacers all around. Any recommendations on spacers? I'm assuming that I'll have to get longer lug bolts. Also I wanted to use lock bolts. Can I get a set of lug bolts including lock bolt or need to get lock bolts separate? Thanks in advance.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:04 PM
Wheeler will become famous soon enough
I can't remember who made them, but somebody has hubcentric spacers in that smaller size. If you don't use hubcentric spacers you will play hell with wheel wobble. Use the search feature and read up before you install. I had so much vibration it was unnerving even driving it back to the garage. Good luck.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Thanks Wheeler. I was planning to use H&R or RSS 7mm. Both of them make hub centric. Got a problem with finding extended lock bolts. Porsche oem makes longer bolts for 5mm spacers but I'm not sure if 2 mm of the difference will be safe.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:33 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Been through this recently....problem solved on the 991 anyway.

My findings in this thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...pacer-c2s.html

Old 02-15-2014, 04:40 PM
steve-o will become famous soon enough
i purchased the ones from Suncoast and they were perfect!

Old 02-15-2014, 05:57 PM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
The RSS spacers available through vendors including SuncoastParts are a good call. They are hub centric, appropriate bolts, and include the mounting pin tool.

I don't believe the locking bolts are needed or even desirable. I don't leave my car exposed to places where wheel theft is likely, and on the outside chance it occurs there's always insurance. It also makes it easier to do maintenance and the lock never gets misplaced.

Last edited by StormRune; 02-15-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by StormRune
The RSS spacers available through vendors including SuncoastParts are a good call. They are hub centric, appropriate bolts, and include the mounting pin tool.

I don't believe the locking bolts are needed or even desirable. I don't leave my car exposed to places where wheel theft is likely, and on the outside chance it occurs there's always insurance. It also makes it easier to do maintenance and the lock never gets misplaced.
Unless RSS recently changed them, then the 7mm are not hubcentric. The rears yes, but the fronts I received, and ultimately sent back, we're just flat plates. And the rears were poor fitting between the spacer and hub/brake. This was on my 997.2 C2S. Impossible to get rid of the vibration.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:43 AM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Wheeler
Unless RSS recently changed them, then the 7mm are not hub centric....
I stand corrected, I apologize for the misinformation. I had looked at the photo on the Suncoast site and that led me to make the wrong call. I now see that the photo is showing something much thicker than 7mm, so the photo does not match the 7mm product (a bit of a misrepresentation).

I have Adaptec spacers that ran into the same problem. I was thinking that RSS had magically figured out a way to get around it. At the time I asked the Adaptec guy about it and he had stated that there physically isn't a way to get the hub centric lip on the spacer since the factory hub centric lip is still in the way at a 7mm depth (or anything thinner). They are only able to add a hub centric lip when there is more depth to work with. I have to assume that there are no hub centric spacers at the 7mm (or lesser) depth. However, I was able to use the Adaptec ones with no vibration problems even at very high speeds.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:48 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
I stand corrected, I apologize for the misinformation. I had looked at the photo on the Suncoast site and that led me to make the wrong call. I now see that the photo is showing something much thicker than 7mm, so the photo does not match the 7mm product (a bit of a misrepresentation).

I have Adaptec spacers that ran into the same problem. I was thinking that RSS had magically figured out a way to get around it. At the time I asked the Adaptec guy about it and he had stated that there physically isn't a way to get the hub centric lip on the spacer since the factory hub centric lip is still in the way at a 7mm depth (or anything thinner). They are only able to add a hub centric lip when there is more depth to work with. I have to assume that there are no hub centric spacers at the 7mm (or lesser) depth. However, I was able to use the Adaptec ones with no vibration problems even at very high speeds.
Here you go.....7MM from Adaptec w/hubcentric lip....I think this is a recent change in their
manufacturing process.

The only other vendor for 7MM w/lip is BK I believe.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:50 AM

Ya, see HotHonda's link as he posted above
305/30/20 w/SPASM +15MM spacer on C2S?

He has pics of the 7mm hubcentric. Looks like a great design.

The whole spacer, correct length bolt thing didn't seem like such a big deal until I mounted up the spacers I had and ended with literally a dangerous amount of vibration. Dicking around with stuff on a truck or civic or something that may never see more than 80 mph is bad enough. Fooling around with possible improper critical parts on a car that regularly sees 120 mph or more really got me rethinking!

Old 02-16-2014, 09:12 AM
Backside view....both 7 & 15MM

Cost was $60/spacer including bolts (+ shipping). Also note on the 7MM there's holes drilled & countersunk (on the front side) for proper length M6 flat head screws to attach on to hub if you want.

One feature I would like to see on spacers is slots cut in the backside for removal. I use anti-seize lube & it's never been a problem,
but makes them easier to pop off.

Last edited by HotHonda; 02-16-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:48 PM
srbrigante is on a distinguished road
were these from suncoast?? that sounds like an amazing price! would do this on my carrera 4s

Originally Posted by HotHonda
Backside view....both 7 & 15MM

Cost was $60/spacer including bolts (+ shipping). Also note on the 7MM there's holes drilled & countersunk (on the front side) for proper length M6 flat head screws to attach on to hub if you want.

One feature I would like to see on spacers is slots cut in the backside for removal. I use anti-seize lube & it's never been a problem,
but makes them easier to pop off.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:45 PM
I believe those shown on the pictures are from adapted. I'm planning to order a set this week to try them out.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:14 PM
2bpage is on a distinguished road
If you are still looking...

I have the set of 7mm fronts and 14mm rears with the long bolts (Suncoast). I had them on my 997.1 S and they were awesome with the lobster forks! Let me know If you want them…here are photos of the car with the spacer set (before I put on HRE P40s).

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0553.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	753.6 KB
ID:	340538   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0552.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	807.2 KB
ID:	340539