997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 08:49 PM
Vegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to behold
Leak

Hello.

Looking for some ideas...

I noticed a small drip on the garage floor tonight. I crawled under and saw some fluid pooled on the metal part in the photo of the drivers side rear wheel. You can see the tire in the shot.

Any ideas? I'm guessing oil from the look of it, but I suppose it could be coolant?

My car is an '06 C4 3.6.

Thanks for any input on what it might be...

Attached Images
Old 02-21-2015, 09:47 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
can't make it out. is that under the shock?

Old 02-21-2015, 10:02 PM
Vegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to behold
If the black cylinder that leads into the spring is the shock, and I believe it is, then yes, that pool of liquid is underneath where the shock meets that metal part.

Leaky shock?

Old 02-21-2015, 10:11 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
would make sense

Old 02-22-2015, 01:43 PM
OK, thanks.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:23 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
shock or motor oil IMO.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:39 AM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
Possibly the rear LCA OEM bushing. I had a weird leak in the front in a similar position near the wheel. Turned out to be the bushing. It's fluid filled. Leaked a spot on the ground about the size of a quarter. Couldn't tell if it was oil, or dirty water.

Old 02-23-2015, 03:35 PM
PatrickBateman is on a distinguished road
You could poke around and check your motor mount as the left side is visable. iirc, those have some goo inside of them. it looks like a thin oil to me. was it recently in the shop for anything where they may have gotton some oil on your suspension?

Old 03-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Thanks everyone.

Turns out it was a brake line bleeder valve that must have been open a tiny bit. Brake fluid trickled down the shock to the base and pooled there making it appear like the shock was leaking.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:42 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vegas
Thanks everyone.

Turns out it was a brake line bleeder valve that must have been open a tiny bit. Brake fluid trickled down the shock to the base and pooled there making it appear like the shock was leaking.

Ooo, who was the last one bleeding brakes?