997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PCM 3.0 - Latest System Version?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 07:47 PM
jastx is on a distinguished road
PCM 3.0 - Latest System Version?

I'm interested in upgrading my PCM 3.0 to the latest system version. Can someone please tell me the latest version #?

Thanks!

Old 11-02-2015, 03:58 PM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
I was waiting to see if you would get a more up-to-date answer. Mine was updated in December of 2013 to version 2.24, the latest available at the time. I don't know if a more current version is now available or not. My maps appear to be version 4.5.2.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:32 PM
jeffkilly is on a distinguished road
I spent over $300 updating my gps maps last year and it still is the worse gps I have ever used. But, I still love my p-car more than the day I bought it.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jeffkilly
I spent over $300 updating my gps maps last year and it still is the worse gps I have ever used. But, I still love my p-car more than the day I bought it.
So whats the bad part about the GPS to you?

Is it the map data accuracy or the way you interface with the navigation system?

Me, I like the interface - the screen works well, and the interface of the instructions with the tachometer based display window above the steering is ideal, short of a heads up display projected on the windscreen.

The map data - yeah, that's always behind on such things because they use proprietary encoding of the data (as they have liability to what happens with the car and don't want you just hacking together your own mapping data), an they must rely on 3rd parties to supply the data. That data often comes from local governments whose data is plain wrong (Eg areas in the Seattle are are just plain wrong because the county/city maps don't match reality on the ground). A portable device like a phone, computer, stand-along gadget can get better and more frequent update - and a service like Google Maps can get better data because do their own surveying of data. But accuracy is irrelivant if I don't use it - and the integrated system is just great for me to use.

Now the address/location entry interface is a pain in the rear, but so is the on on my Navagon App on iOS.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Thanks guys, but what I'm really asking about is the system version of the PCM, not the maps -- two different things.

Does anyone know what the latest version of the system firmware is. I have seen one say 2.44. Mine, for example, says 1.47. Thanks!

Old 11-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Greg2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGreg2010 has a spectacular aura about
Jastx,
Just had my PCM firmware and nav/maps updated at the dealership this morning (updated firmware from version 1.47 to 2.24...hope this helps!
Greg

Last edited by Greg2010; 11-13-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:37 PM
jeffkilly is on a distinguished road
Sorry for my accidental hijack.

And I belive the latest PCM version is 2.4.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Thanks, guys.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:59 PM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
2.24 not 2.4

Old 11-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
I'm showing that the 2015 version of the software is updated from the December 2013 software mentioned earlier in this thread, and usually another update happens around March of every year. I don't have a version number however as that would require me to open the package to get to the disc...and that's not something I'd like to do for the sake of whomever purchases it in the future!

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 11-12-2015, 12:04 AM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
usually. was. but not for last two map releases - for pcm 3.0 only.

by the way software updates never comes with map, it goes along with codes, and in separate pack. what s why they mostly can be found at dealerships. so you dont have to unpack something )))

Old 11-12-2015, 09:47 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
So I bought the latest MAP update from Suncoast and am having it installed next week - and I'll ask about the PCM version, although the service advisor mentioned updating the PCM software as part of that install, so we'll see.

It's hard getting straight answers about this stuff from the dealer, who is usually really good - it just seems like things in the realm of PCM - well I get the feeling they don't like to "poke the bear", as it were; a sort of "if it ain't broke..." thing. Or maybe they just don't know. That's why I bought the map from Suncoast - they seemed to have more information and a definitive description and issue date.

I will post back after all that's done and let everyone know how it goes.

Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
I'm showing that the 2015 version of the software is updated from the December 2013 software mentioned earlier in this thread, and usually another update happens around March of every year. I don't have a version number however as that would require me to open the package to get to the disc...and that's not something I'd like to do for the sake of whomever purchases it in the future!

Old 11-12-2015, 10:04 AM
what you have bought - may I ask? what partnumber I mean.
and where you will install it - at dealer?

Old 11-12-2015, 11:39 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Serg124
what you have bought - may I ask? what partnumber I mean.
and where you will install it - at dealer?

whatever is on Suncoast's site - just look under 997.2 and search for Map - don't have the package with me at the moment
(order says
997PCM30
PCM 3.0/3.1 Map Update (997.2, 987.2, & 970)
). and it requires a dealer install (or someone more clever than I am)

Old 11-13-2015, 06:17 PM
andbos is on a distinguished road
sorry to ask, but does anyone know if the update can only be done by the dealer and no one else? if yes, why?

I was searching for the answer but it seems that everyone brings them to the dealer.

thanks in advance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PCM 3.0 - Latest System Version?