997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Plasti dipped emblem and rims today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 02:58 PM
HolmaN has a spectacular aura aboutHolmaN has a spectacular aura aboutHolmaN has a spectacular aura about
Plasti dipped emblem and rims today.

And from my opinion, the results were amazing. Fits great with my black mirrors and black carbon exhaust pipes. Hard to tell from the pictures, but the color itself on the rims are fantastic. Actually pretty good result, workwise. Used normal plastidip + glossifier.

Name:  bilfram2.jpg
Views: 2983
Size:  103.9 KB

Name:  Bilfram1.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  82.1 KB

Name:  plastiinnan.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  54.5 KB

Name:  plastiunder.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  64.5 KB

Name:  Plastiklar.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  60.4 KB

With regards, Jonathan.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:38 PM
EMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud of
Very nicely done. Looks great!

Old 12-06-2015, 06:41 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
very nice, just be careful when you wash your car

Old 12-06-2015, 08:47 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I've worked with Plasti-dip a pretty good bit. Great way to give your car a different look. If laid properly and enough coats, it will last for quite some time. I have cars wheels I've done over two years ago still holding strong. Looks great!

Old 12-07-2015, 04:17 AM
no1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to all
Black mirrors really go well with that paint colour.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:16 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Nice job -- I dipped my rear turbo emblem (just plain black) and am happy with the results. I previously dipped my wife's wheels (18" Honda Pilot Touring wheels) with Black and Glossifier and it came out a bit "splotchy". Probably user error Ended up peeling it off.

Dip holds up to regular washing just fine...just beware of pressure washing and use a mild wheel cleaner (non acidic) for the wheels.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:18 PM
stavros is on a distinguished road
Anyone have experience with Autodip versus Platidip?

Old 12-11-2015, 10:04 AM
dc2000 is just really nicedc2000 is just really nicedc2000 is just really nicedc2000 is just really nicedc2000 is just really nice
I've also had good results with plastic dip. Pro tip for anyone considering dipping emblems...no need to mask around the individual letters. Just mask off a rectangular section around the badges. Thoroughly coat the entire area. Afterwards, you'll be able to peel the excess dip off the trunk revealing a perfectly dipped badge.

Old 12-11-2015, 10:39 AM
namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !namronorman Is a GOD !
I have the same color car and wheels. Who makes your rear deck and what fogs and tails are you running? They look great!

Old 12-11-2015, 02:18 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dc2000
I've also had good results with plastic dip. Pro tip for anyone considering dipping emblems...no need to mask around the individual letters. Just mask off a rectangular section around the badges. Thoroughly coat the entire area. Afterwards, you'll be able to peel the excess dip off the trunk revealing a perfectly dipped badge.
How do you get a perfect line? Do you use a spatula or something like it to peel it along its edge?

Old 12-11-2015, 02:58 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Getting a "perfect" line with Plastidip all has to do with how you pull off the excess. And as mentioned before, put on plenty of coats (5+) if you want to be able to pull it off easily (as a sheet rather than picking away at pieces).

For emblems, when pulling off the excess all you do is grab a corner (of the excess) and work it up until you can pull on it. Instead of pulling towards you, pull straight up or down (same plane as the emblem) and the excess will automatically spread from the emblem. If you have a lot of trouble you can use a plastic razor blade or plastic edge (credit card, putty "spatula", etc.). There are plenty of videos demonstrating this if you want to see it.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:16 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TypeRx
Getting a "perfect" line with Plastidip all has to do with how you pull off the excess. And as mentioned before, put on plenty of coats (5+) if you want to be able to pull it off easily (as a sheet rather than picking away at pieces).

For emblems, when pulling off the excess all you do is grab a corner (of the excess) and work it up until you can pull on it. Instead of pulling towards you, pull straight up or down (same plane as the emblem) and the excess will automatically spread from the emblem. If you have a lot of trouble you can use a plastic razor blade or plastic edge (credit card, putty "spatula", etc.). There are plenty of videos demonstrating this if you want to see it.
Thanks!

Old 12-11-2015, 10:19 PM
HolmaN has a spectacular aura aboutHolmaN has a spectacular aura aboutHolmaN has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by namronorman
I have the same color car and wheels. Who makes your rear deck and what fogs and tails are you running? They look great!
The rear wing7spoiler is called GT2M spoiler and can be found on aliexpress / ebay. As for the fog lights, I bought them on ebay (kipint or w/e the brand is called)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...item5d5ab854c3

Old 12-13-2015, 10:33 PM
itspol is on a distinguished road
Looks great